ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Shtolzberg Heading to Omaha

Hopefully, Ben sees, and likes, Derek's commitment! Is Derek more of a PG and Ben a SG? Could work out well for us...fingers crossed.

Made the top 6... I believe that's the Israeli league in the mix:

He is literally all over the map, from New Jersey to Nebraska to Israel, Big state universities to small/medium private schools.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
If his faith is strong enough to get an Israeli team in his top 6 then Creighton may be an odd choice.
I bet Sholtzberg is a silent Creighton commit. Israeli team making the top 6 is nice for decoration though

They make it obvious through social media.. He's been giving off big Creighton vibes after his visit there, and his comments in this article lines up with it

You could say the exact same thing about Rutgers. He even gave his longest response to London about Rutgers, and likes a lot of Rutgers stuff and retweeted when Braeden committed. I don’t think he’s silently committed there at all, and it seems Rutgers is really pursuing him. I’d give us a good shot.

You could say the exact same thing about Rutgers. He even gave his longest response to London about Rutgers, and likes a lot of Rutgers stuff and retweeted when Braeden committed. I don’t think he’s silently committed there at all, and it seems Rutgers is really pursuing him. I’d give us a good shot.
The first line in his comment was "Creighton is for my game." Then he went on about how they put guards like him in the nba.. I'll stop there

I don't believe he visited Virginia Tech or Butler so it's probably down to us, NW, and Creighton. No Crystal Ball or FutureCast predictions yet.

He's making his decision Sunday.. I think Creighton has been his choice for awhile now, and he'll just make it public Sunday. Hopefully we can land Ross or Buchanan - or Both

Interesting that Shtolzberg is listed as/considers himself a PG. If that's the case then yeah we're probably out of it. Simpson is definitely a better passer and creator, but Shtolzberg looks like the better scorer.

I just checked out Creighton's athletic facilities. Wow!!! I had no idea. Nearly every program is outfitted with best-in-class facilities.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
3 more CB/FutureCasts for Creighton. Looks like a done deal.

200.gif

Reactions: RUonBrain
I making an assumption that his religion plays a role in his life, since he had the Israeli team on the list. Don’t we have the biggest Hillel in the country.

Djr, I have no idea how religious he is or is not. Creighton is a Jesuit Catholic University. Not 100 percent positive, but I think Rutgers is either number 1 or close to it in number of Jewish students, in addition to having apartments and dining halls for Jewish students on College Avenue ( although not owned by Rutgers).

They pick based on coaches and fit on the team. I thought he and Simpson/Miller et al could co-exist and thrive. I was hoping he would come. He must have thought differently. Looking at what we offer beyond basketball isn’t going to help in a situation like this.

Reactions: shields
This one was a forgone conclusion. Not sure why people are disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT