ADVERTISEMENT

Big Day for RU Soccer, W v UConn 1pm, Men v Akron 4pm

This could be worse than Ohio state. You need to be better prepared than this.
I don't know if I've ever seen defending this awful. This is pee wee type stuff. Not challenging a guy inside your own 18 letting him get a free shot off - not once but twice? Giving up a goal on a breakaway off a long ball off a restart? All in the span of what - 15 minutes?

Pretty obvious, they are better coached, have more skill and have more heart.

This looks like two teams who play on different levels.

Hmm, once again the women put the men to shame, as they do every year in basketball. Do the guys in new jersey have no pride to play for their state? They'd rather go some place else where everyone will put down their home state and all of the people in it but gladly pillage what is supposed to be such a horrible place for all the athletes it somehow manages to produce...

Alright people relax. Akron is the best soccer program in America. Those kids get professional contracts. Good season for the men and something to build on. They exceeded expectations as well. No need to pile on.

Hmm, once again the women put the men to shame, as they do every year in basketball. Do the guys in new jersey have no pride to play for their state? They'd rather go some place else where everyone will put down their home state and all of the people in it but gladly pillage what is supposed to be such a horrible place for all the athletes it somehow manages to produce...

Not sure about soccer, but the women should put the men to shame in hoops. They have been supported much better.

Alright people relax. Akron is the best soccer program in America. Those kids get professional contracts. Good season for the men and something to build on. They exceeded expectations as well. No need to pile on.

Losing is one thing. Being completely and utterly non competitive is another.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Bad loss guys, NO QUESTION, just a couple thoughts (NO excuses):

- we were picked last or next to last by most this year

- Akron 4 th seed in tournament

- maybe that game in the torrential rain and slop took a lot out of us? I don't know.

Regardless VERY proud of this team, and damn happy with the direction the program is going in, despite today's brutal loss.

Agreed. Some days you just don't have it - today was one of those days. I didn't expect to beat a top team like Akron, but figured we'd keep it closer than 6-1. Bad start and things just snowballed.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Agreed. Some days you just don't have it - today was one of those days. I didn't expect to beat a top team like Akron, but figured we'd keep it closer than 6-1. Bad start and things just snowballed.

Didn't expect our girls to ROLL 4-0, either, but DAMN GLAD they did!!

Good season overall however the non competitive nature of the recent OSU and Akron games is troubling. Today in particular was unbelievably bad. With regard to the low preseason expectations, it was those predictions that had Dan on the hot seat given recent trends and noise around the program. I think they lose several key contributors and hopefully he has some depth to maintain this level of play. There is no reason why we should not be in the top half of the nine team league every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT