ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Game Ever for Schiano tomorrow?

Agree - important game, yes, biggest, no.

think a good argument could be made that this is the biggest of the 2.0 era.

Boston college was big (start the season out right with a road win against an east coast power 5)…for reasons stated above think this is bigger.

i mean it’s all relative - this is battle of Big10 basement so in the larger scheme of college football the game is utterly meaningless …. But for Schiano 2.0 - right now - for Schiano and this programs development, recruiting, bowl chances, etc etc etc - it’s pretty important

Reactions: biker7766
So you thought that we were going to have 7+ wins this year???? I'm the eternal optimist and I thought we had little to no chance of that.
7 wins no.
But in year 3 one would think we would have found a serviceable QB by now. Recruiting ? Portal ?
Pinning our hopes on getting to 6 games is a dream. Having to claw back to a slim victory over Temple …shows how low we still are in college football. Temple !
The Offense is no better than it was 4 years ago. I do hope I am proven wrong tonight as I watch In Piscataway.

Reactions: biker7766
I agree with this 100% but the implication in your previous post was one of the reasons it was a big game for GS was we haven't won a conference home game since 2017. He has nothing to do with what happened in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
If you said that he hasn't won a conference home game since his return I'm good with that.
Are people defending Greg seriously bragging about how he’s only had 2 full seasons in the big ten and that gives him the excuse for not winning a Home conference game in that time?
Holy Christ our expectation level rivals Barney and Friends

Are people defending Greg seriously bragging about how he’s only had 2 full seasons in the big ten and that gives him the excuse for not winning a Home conference game in that time?
Holy Christ our expectation level rivals Barney and Friends
Not defending the fact we haven't won a B1G 10 home game in forever who ever the coach is or was.
Do you call what I said "bragging"? Not at all. The poster listed the 6 year home streak as one of the reasons this is GS "biggest game." Just trying to be factual.
I tend not to brag about much except for my kids.

Agreed. If we lose on Saturday drop to the CAA and play all paycheck games. The money would roll in and that would keep nj.com off our backs.
In the words of our eloquent Commander in Chief...."C'mon man!!! "
Let's not go overboard. A loss would be a setback but I wouldn't say that the program is in B1G

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT