ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Game Ever for Schiano tomorrow?

Aug 19, 2007
3 years in facing a 2-3 Nebraska team with a just hired HC coach on National TV on a Friday night at Home..He needs to Win this one or The Program is in B1G trouble...JMO..Lets Go RU

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
He has been in some very big games. In the overall, this is a big game for RU this season but it is no where near a make or break game for Schiano. He is going to be around for a while much to the chagrin of some.

His biggest games were in 2006. Louisville 06 and the WVU game in 06.

however it's a very important game for this season.

Reactions: Norm&Cliff
Win this one or The Program is in B1G trouble
Agreed. If we lose on Saturday drop to the CAA and play all paycheck games. The money would roll in and that would keep nj.com off our backs.
In the words of our eloquent Commander in Chief...."C'mon man!!! "
Let's not go overboard. A loss would be a setback but I wouldn't say that the program is in B1G trouble.

“We’re a young group” is GS’s “It’s my Best Team Ever”.
Greg views most players with suspicion lol
He calls all his teams "young."
Meanwhile Pete Carroll always made it a point to start one freshman so recruits would feel enticed.

I like RU's chances vs Nebraska
RU has a middle of the pack run game and Neb's run defense is practically bottom of barrel

Plain and simple, RU needs to have offensive production this game or 2.0 can go south quickly with a loss. Very seldom does a coach return to a previous job and succeed again. The only one I can think of, who had any semblance of success on his return, was Bill Snyder at KState. However right now Schiano is leaning more towards Randy Edsal than Bill Snyder. Now if RU can find an offensive spark this can turn around quickly.

GS 2.0 can't afford a losing season in his third year. We have no Big Ten wins at home since he became the HC. He better put out a watchable product tomorrow. Otherwise, fans will "frost and chryst" him by Saturday.

Reactions: biker7766
We need to change the perception of the program and stop being the B1G doormat.
I agree with this 100% but the implication in your previous post was one of the reasons it was a big game for GS was we haven't won a conference home game since 2017. He has nothing to do with what happened in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
If you said that he hasn't won a conference home game since his return I'm good with that.

GS 2.0 can't afford a losing season in his third year. We have no Big Ten wins at home since he became the HC. He better put out a watchable product tomorrow. Otherwise, fans will "frost and chryst" him by Saturday.
Really? And then what? Put up a want ad, "Head football coach wanted. Program has just enough natural advantages to be a tantalizing opportunity. Grudging institutional support, below average salary, no indoor football facility and a demanding, skinflint fan base that will want immediate success. Must have own crowbar to pry open wallets of aforementioned fans."

Better yet, how? You paying off his contract? Gonna have a bake sale and a 50/50?

Really? And then what? Put up a want ad, "Head football coach wanted. Program has just enough natural advantages to be a tantalizing opportunity. Grudging institutional support, below average salary, no indoor football facility and a demanding, skinflint fan base that will want immediate success. Must have own crowbar to pry open wallets of aforementioned fans."

Better yet, how? You paying off his contract? Gonna have a bake sale and a 50/50?

So you thought that we were going to have 7+ wins this year???? I'm the eternal optimist I thought we had little to no chance of that.

Ignore this clown, he just posts shit to rile people up.

Reactions: czxqa and RUref
Someday our best biggest game will be better than their biggest. We're building something on a sturdy foundation here.. doesn't matter if we win or lose until at least year 6 for Schiano. Some fans in this fanbase will give him until year 8 or 9, because at Rutgers, that's how things are done.

Ummm.. Yes in 2.0
No home wins in the B1G since 2017. Yes his most important game.
Lose this and the momentum is sucked out of the season.

Not sure there's much momentum in the season at the moment.

I would have thought RU fans would have learned this lesson 10 or 15 years ago, if not long before. And been reminded numerous times since. Labeling any game a "must win" or "biggest ever" is merely setting the table for a gluttonous feast of disappointment.

Avoid that table and your evening will be much lighter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT