ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Melton- "The vibes are amazing"

There is Partridge's name again. Thought NJ coaches did not think highly of him. While things worked out well for us with Ash now in charge, Flood got screwed by what looks to be false media coverage of Partridge when Flood tried to hire him.

Good Stuff
RU is a legacy while cousin plays for Michigan.
Visits to Ohio State/Mich/PSU
Dream school of Oregon.....

Kid has the world at his doorsteps.

There is Partridge's name again. Thought NJ coaches did not think highly of him. While things worked out well for us with Ash now in charge, Flood got screwed by what looks to be false media coverage of Partridge when Flood tried to hire him.

...or, just maybe, he wanted to coach with/under a guy named "Jim Harbaugh," and not "Kyle Flood," all along.

Last edited:
Bad news for us. Oregon just offered the other day and is his dream school. MIchigan is recruiting him hard with the help of his HS teammate and friend. His cousin is recruiting him to PSU.

Don't love our chances here.

Bad news for us. Oregon just offered the other day and is his dream school. MIchigan is recruiting him hard with the help of his HS teammate and friend. His cousin is recruiting him to PSU.

No reason to give up....First, you got to ask why someone would be enamored with Oregon? They have a very cool brand with incredible facilities and the obvious Nike/Phil Knight sugar daddy relationship. They've done some solid winning, but they haven't delivered well in the biggest spots. I can't name too many NFL WR studs to come out of Oregon....I know there are some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_Ducks_in_the_NFL_Draft

http://deadspin.com/oregons-new-football-performance-center-is-a-decadent-975295515

Except for those obsessed with Taj Mahal facilities, I think one can outsell Oregon....

As for OSU and Michigan....they are going to be very attractive options for a great recruit, but anyone can see that there is a certain sheep mentality when it comes to making the easiest choice. Even if I were not a Rutgers fan, I would be offended at the entire "#NJ2AA" thing they're pushing....it's entirely based on being a follower and running away from a challenge.

I think Ash has stumbled on gold in terms of the maximum investment, first-class culture focus. As long as you pursue that philosophy in the program, you can compete with anyone.

Last edited:
No reason to give up....First, you got to ask why someone would be enamored with Oregon?
07.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I see that, and I don't just see attractive women, but more unique branding in terms of the very non-traditional design of their uniforms (and the fact that bright colors make the brain respond differently to anything...remember my suggestion that Rutgers consider incorporating a tertiary bright color?)

tl;dr: that we can copy.

This we can't (yet) ....http://deadspin.com/oregons-new-football-performance-center-is-a-decadent-975295515

http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.d..._map={"10101000496114676":".UfiwNDOrfZs.like"

Last edited:
I see that, and I don't just see attractive women, but more unique branding in terms of the very non-traditional design of their uniforms (and the fact that bright colors make the brain respond differently to anything...remember my suggestion that Rutgers consider incorporating a tertiary bright color?)

tl;dr: that we can copy.

This we can't (yet) ....http://deadspin.com/oregons-new-football-performance-center-is-a-decadent-975295515
Pretty lame looking. They ain't got nothing on the Hale Center. #FenceThePalace
18vkm0h08mzxkjpg.jpg
18vkm667e95xsjpg.jpg
18vkmgl3coxydjpg.jpg
18vkmo5dkpisujpg.jpg
18vkmtukn5vf7jpg.jpg
18vkmzvm24pddjpg.jpg
18vknzi47zvybjpg.jpg

Good to hear but he lists Oregon as his "dream school."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...anning-big-ten-visits-has-pac-12-dream-school

"The vibes are amazing," he said. "Rutgers has really shown, not just to me but to New Jersey athletes, how we can make a big impact. I love how Coach Ash and the staff showed me how I can make an impact."

I refuse to click any links from bleacher report because they covered scandals at RU and we're not very kind. Was there anything in the article about vibes and stain, or was it vibes only?

Nothing we haven't heard a thousand times before. Wake me when we actually win a recruiting battle against the Michigans and Ohio States of the world.

Reactions: BornAHawk12
We still have some facilities issues but Ash has developed the vision for the future that many recruits believe in. Does that make them sign? We will see in February...

------------
well we can always hope, right?.... seems like it might be the common tale of a recruit loving RU early and then getting the big boys after them later on....... hope Ash can break that pattern.

And both his parents played for Rutgers. Still like our chances.

Still think we have a chance, Ash is doing a great job and I'd honestly rather play under Ash than Helfrich, Oregon is not what they used to be. But whenever I hear "dream school" I get the shivers.

But whenever I hear "dream school" I get the shivers.

One thing we can all agree on is that it's better to hear someone mention their dream school now prior to their senior year, rather than two days after they make a verbal commitment less than a week before signing day......right Korab?

Reactions: redking

Its the see saw aspect of recruiting where Rutgers fans are up high when a top recruit says nice things but then quickly drops to the ground when the elite programs move in .its a old story with only the names of recruits changing.Winning matters because it impacts perception.

I've never understood how that's not the same thing.
If 10 is best, will you make her wait her turn as number 10? I'd make the 10 first just in case I don't get to them all (hurricane, scorched earth, etc).

...or, just maybe, he wanted to coach with/under a guy named "Jim Harbaugh," and not "Kyle Flood," all along.
Not buying that. He had the job and then the articles came out. Harbaugh was later after the quotes from NJ coaches.

Still think we have a chance, Ash is doing a great job and I'd honestly rather play under Ash than Helfrich, Oregon is not what they used to be. But whenever I hear "dream school" I get the shivers.

Darius' dream school was Florida if that's any consolation. I think we are in decent shape here.

Pretty lame looking. They ain't got nothing on the Hale Center. #FenceThePalace
18vkm0h08mzxkjpg.jpg
18vkm667e95xsjpg.jpg
18vkmgl3coxydjpg.jpg
18vkmo5dkpisujpg.jpg
18vkmtukn5vf7jpg.jpg
18vkmzvm24pddjpg.jpg
18vknzi47zvybjpg.jpg
Nice facilities. Nice pine trees out the window, super nice people, all very laid back out there. It's a great place to go and lose your intensity and drive. Impossible to lose that here, Rutgers is like the meat locker in Rocky.
ROCKY-Punching-Meat.png

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT