ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling BOOM -- 2022 PJ Casale To Rutgers

I've seen wrestlers de-committing from time to time and Rutgers has benefitted from some of those. Is the signing binding or can it be rescinded by the wrestler? I had been concerned about Soldano since he committed early but less so now with the much stronger company he'll be joining.

I've seen wrestlers de-committing from time to time and Rutgers has benefitted from some of those. Is the signing binding or can it be rescinded by the wrestler? I had been concerned about Soldano since he committed early but less so now with the much stronger company he'll be joining.
Soldano has been wrestling with the SKWC forever. He was pretty much always going to end up here.

As far as I know the signing is binding but there’s pretty easy ways around it. I think they all require the school to sign off that they’re releasing the athlete and he’s free to sign elsewhere. Otherwise he’d have to sit the year out and normal transfer rules apply. I would hope most schools would honor the release, as they gain literally nothing by holding the athlete to it other than wasting the time of an 18 year old kid.

Reactions: MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT