ADVERTISEMENT

Bordentown Watch Party for RU-IU

rube1859

Freshman
Sep 13, 2006
Bordentown
Hi all. With a certain watch party planner out of pocket this week, I'll be shifting my tailgate planning and cooking skills to watch party planning. While the RU-Michigan watch party at Old Town Pub in Bordentown had a few technical snafus, the bar owner has fixed them and now has Big Ten Network on ALL the televisions now. Depending on the crowd size, they can either accommodate us in the private upstairs room with a 55 inch tv or put on a bunch of televisions at the bar (with overhead sound this time). The owner felt really bad about the technical issues and took all the steps to make sure it doesn't happen again, as he wants to host these watch parties (His bar managers came from Hamilton Tap and Grill).

Like last time, we can all take half the bar and the back group of tables along it, or shift upstairs. As it is a noon game, there are no parking issues in town since it is so early. If it were a mid-afternoon or night game, that would be a concern, although they do have free valet parking after 4 pm haha!

If you're interested in coming, reply here so I can give them a semi-accurate head count to figure out if we should be upstairs or downstairs. Thanks and looking forward to seeing who can make it.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I and a few hardcore Rutgers fans may attend. I will let you know by Friday. I just want to get a headcount of my crew that are interested.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I think I know who OP is.

We'll be watching in the DR. I had to use a VPN and spoof GPS to get it to work but it looks like we'll see it on the B1G in English.

They lied and didn’t have BTN
Wait what? The place lied and said they had BTN but didn’t? Do they have it now. I am coming from north Jersey because I have friends who live in Bordentown and surrounding areas so this would be a good meeting spot but if I get down there and they don’t have BTN to watch game I will be pissed and so will my friends.
Can someone give me the true story of what happened?

Wait what? The place lied and said they had BTN but didn’t? Do they have it now. I am coming from north Jersey because I have friends who live in Bordentown and surrounding areas so this would be a good meeting spot but if I get down there and they don’t have BTN to watch game I will be pissed and so will my friends.
Can someone give me the true story of what happened?
Earlier in the season mrs screw set up a game watch there.
The bar manager told her they had BTN
People showed and they didn’t have it but they figured out a way to put the game on only 1 tv

You should go to the Hoboken game watch imo
Take train into Boken from Morris Plains

Earlier in the season mrs screw set up a game watch there.
The bar manager told her they had BTN
People showed and they didn’t have it but they figured out a way to put the game on only 1 tv

You should go to the Hoboken game watch imo
Take train into Boken from Morris Plains

1. I didn't set up the original party. @rube1859 did. I helped advertise it for them
2. Yes they didn't check their access until the last minute and then realize that they didn't have access because they had a commercial account. They did however find a fire stick and we got to watch it on one TV. Obviously not the best option
3. If you read the original post of this thread they have fixed that problem and you can have a private room upstairs If enough people show up or the TVs downstairs at the bar.
4. The food is good and the service was very good and it's worth the trip.

As @RUScrew85 said above, we are in the DR & will be streaming it somehow

1. I didn't set up the original party. @rube1859 did. I helped advertise it for them
2. Yes they didn't check their access until the last minute and then realize that they didn't have access because they had a commercial account. They did however find a fire stick and we got to watch it on one TV. Obviously not the best option
3. If you read the original post of this thread they have fixed that problem and you can have a private room upstairs If enough people show up or the TVs downstairs at the bar.
4. The food is good and the service was very good and it's worth the trip.

As @RUScrew85 said above, we are in the DR & will be streaming it somehow
thank you MrsScrew, already a few of my tailgate crew have reached out to me, so this might be a go.

Looks like my pop may show up again. Either with some friends - including my uncle and a former member of the '61 undefeated team (they all have season tix together, for decades, in 104) - or by himself. Please be nice when talking about me and remember that HE created this monster.

(seriously, he's the best...say hello!!)

Looks like my pop may show up again. Either with some friends - including my uncle and a former member of the '61 undefeated team (they all have season tix together, for decades, in 104) - or by himself. Please be nice when talking about me and remember that HE created this monster.

He's a great guy and I think I met his friends too. We usually tell a joke or two about you when I see him. You should come down one game and hang out with him and us.

He's a great guy and I think I met his friends too. We usually tell a joke or two about you when I see him. You should come down one game and hang out with him and us.
He sometimes finds it difficult to sit next to/near me during games lolol!! Yes, you have met before and thx for the kind words! He’s earned them for sure!!!

I went earlier this season and they didn't have the game which sucked. Had to watch FSU. It is a really good bar though.

Bumping.

As Mrs Screw clarified…they believed they had it mistakenly. They did not lie. Said they had it, that morning realized it wasn’t part of the package and then got it though streaming on one television to try to salvage it.

That week when I was in later, the owner told me he had fixed the problem and now had it on every tv with sound above. When he asked about the next away game (Wisconsin) and I told him it was on Peacock, he said that was not something they had. Also, it was Cranberry Festival that weekend and while he could potentially stream it upstairs, knew the parking would be a disaster and don’t want to have people trying to get into town with half of the parking unavailable. Hence, no watching that weekend.

But as I said, all has been fixed. I’d say 25-30 last time. With the rain tomorrow, I expect little to no foot traffic in town so parking should be a breeze.

Still feel free to reply.

Bumping.

As Mrs Screw clarified…they believed they had it mistakenly. They did not lie. Said they had it, that morning realized it wasn’t part of the package and then got it though streaming on one television to try to salvage it.

That week when I was in later, the owner told me he had fixed the problem and now had it on every tv with sound above. When he asked about the next away game (Wisconsin) and I told him it was on Peacock, he said that was not something they had. Also, it was Cranberry Festival that weekend and while he could potentially stream it upstairs, knew the parking would be a disaster and don’t want to have people trying to get into town with half of the parking unavailable. Hence, no watching that weekend.

But as I said, all has been fixed. I’d say 25-30 last time. With the rain tomorrow, I expect little to no foot traffic in town so parking should be a breeze.

Used to go to the Cranberry Festival and loved it. I used to each so much trying every Mom and Pop restaurant. Like I told my wife, they're not going to give you crap because this is advertisement for those not familiar with the places. God, I'd love to not be on a diet again, Doctors can be evil and take the joy out of life.

Bumping.

I'll be there tomorrow

We like your Dad, Dean! Cool dude.

I really liked their appetizers. We've been to this place a few times as my in-laws live in Bordentown and all their appetizers we got were good. Perfect football picking food.
This is true. Their food is very good pub food. Old Town Pub also has about 30 beers on tap, lots of in bottles too. Bartenders are great and Dan, the manager is a fun dude.

Heading to ENON Tabernacle Baptist Church In Philadelphia to watch my 10 year old grandson play in a playoff game at 10 AM. My wife and I would love to come by on way back to Jersey Shore Go ENON. Go RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT