ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING -- Rutgers transfer Jeremiah Williams has won his court case and will be eligible to make his debut with the Scarlet Knights on Saturday

1 thru 3
Simpson 25
JaMike 25
JWill 20
Gavin 20
Awill 15
Noah 15

4 thru 5
Hyatt 20
Mag 20
Cliff 30
Wolf 10

Great news but Pike really needs to shorten the bench and rotations. Palm should be squeezed out and Noah should get major reduction

Reactions: jonS and RUkhoury
agreed, great news. hope to end strong and build momentum for 24-25

He was suspended 15 games by NCAA? Was this previously announced?
RU played 20 games already—shouldn’t this have been first 15 of this season?

1 thru 3
Simpson 25
JaMike 25
JWill 20
Gavin 20
Awill 15
Noah 15

4 thru 5
Hyatt 20
Mag 20
Cliff 30
Wolf 10
You have to bear in mind who we're playing tomorrow. Michigan basically only has 3 guards who play, and 5 bigs. We won't need five true guards tomorrow. I suspect you're going to see a drastic drop in minutes for Noah and AWill, and probably a slight drop for JMike and Simpson.

We will probably need to play Woolf and Cliff together for some stretches tomorrow, so I see Woolf playing 15 minutes, and I hate to say it, but Oskar will probably be needed just for his size, to counter Michigan's size at Forward and Center.

You have to bear in mind who we're playing tomorrow. Michigan basically only has 3 guards who play, and 5 bigs. We won't need five true guards tomorrow. I suspect you're going to see a drastic drop in minutes for Noah and AWill, and probably a slight drop for JMike and Simpson.

We will probably need to play Woolf and Cliff together for some stretches tomorrow, so I see Woolf playing 15 minutes, and I hate to say it, but Oskar will probably be needed just for his size, to counter Michigan's size at Forward and Center.
Thanks....with Rutgers lack of success my B1G viewing has gone off a cliff. I havent seen Michigan play once. That seems like good news for Gavin!

agreed, great news. hope to end strong and build momentum for 24-25

He was suspended 15 games by NCAA? Was this previously announced?
RU played 20 games already—shouldn’t this have been first 15 of this season?
I believe they only just announced the 15 game suspension yesterday. The NCAA then tried arguing the 15 game ban should start from games on Dec 13 (when the double transfer ban was lifted). The injunction JWill filed was against that (and having to sit out a further 4 or 5 games).

So what if J. Williams isn't the Prince That Was Promised?

I know "reports" are he's the best player on the team in practice.
But we've seen how accurate the practice and off season reports have been.

I agree on the discrepancy of the reports of what is seen in practice vs in game results, however I wondered from the start how the look of the team could be accurately be reported on when supposedly a key player practicing with the team does not play with the team.

And that player could still be overrated in those reports.

However, we get to see him now in B1G level play for 12 games. Right before a critical off/portal season.
How can that not be great news.

Reactions: NickRU714

The offseason reports essentially were like pissing on our legs and trying to tell us it was actually rain….,,,,,

Reactions: bac2therac
I don't care how accurate the pre-season reports on JW have been . What's happened is that it's given the team a sense of a fresh , a new beginning much like Mag's return did for a few games. And if they are accurate , maybe our offense can start playing like a real team and not the school yard pick up version we saw against Penn State.

Cliff , Hyatt, Mag, Griffiths J Mike. : J Williams Simpson , Wolfork ,A Williams , Fernandesa
and Palmquist

JWill and AWill might be a good tandem to play “bully ball” (AWill bulls his way to the rim drawing fouls and getting ‘bounds and JWill can slash to the rim and do the dishes as assists have really been lacking).
And their halfcourt D would/should be very solid.

JWill and AWill might be a good tandem to play “bully ball” (AWill bulls his way to the rim drawing fouls and getting ‘bounds and JWill can slash to the rim and do the dishes as assists have really been lacking).
And their halfcourt D would/should be very solid.
I’d rather not see Austin Williams take any more free throws

I’d rather not see Austin Williams take any more free throws
True. But he’s due!
Reminds me of when Bruce Bowen of the Spurs led the NBA in 3 point percentage one season and his free throw percentage was actually lower.

JWill has a career 64% shooting percentage on free throws. He’s no Cam Spencer but he’s certainly not awful like Austin (34.5% this year).
Agree.. And although Jeremiah shot 63.2% FT during his final season at Temple, he had a horrible start, shooting a combined 1-11 in his first 4 games that season. But after those first four games he shot 72.3% from the line during the remainder of his season... (18 more games.).

Start him, I don't see why not. If he's good play him 30 min +...and he'll be at Rutgers next year maybe he will be the experienced backcourt mate with Harper. But from now on I'll believe what I see not the reports.

Reactions: SBP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT