ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Billick to Rutgers Camp

Cute. I might borrow that one some day. Did it happen to cross your mind that perhaps it is because Harbaughs camp was already maxed out? They are not taking any more. They have been forced to turn people away. I think it is pretty obvious where they are going. Which is pretty impressive if over 1k prospects can show from an area. Plenty to choose from for all, and just one of many stops in June for our staff.

Ya know, talking chit in the offseason is fun, but have no doubts, you will be wishing for another 49-16 smack down after being throttled this yr. You are going to think that Harbaugh was being nice last season. This year will be personal after this camp thing.

This is the coach that humiliated Pete Carrol, and his USC dynasty. It is also the most veteran team we have had since Carr left after the 07 season. So go ahead and think you guys are running with the big dogs while ya can. After you get relegated back to the porch, it will start to dawn on ya. :uzi:

In all seriousness Joe, you are officially my fav Rutgers poster now. For both our sakes, regardless of score, I hope both teams come out injury free. Well barring the hurt feelings from the Rutgers fans of course.

Cheers dude. [cheers]

...likewise and agree on that last point as well (I also figured you'd at least laugh a bit at the post). I have no real problem with you at all (well, outside of the obvious 'Extreme Camp Challenge' thing our programs have going on). I know we're going to take our lumps at times, but this thing is a marathon, not a sprint. I respect what Michigan has done and is capable of, but I'm very glad Rutgers isn't bowing down to 'kiss the ring'.

Joe P.

Last edited:
As a Michigan fan I was concerned the RU camp was going to be a negative for the number of coaches able to see the players.
Now it appears 40 programs involved in each camp with over 1000 players.
That is great news. Out of those 1000 kids Mich and osu may be interested in 5 or 10. The good news is the 80 programs will get to see the other 990 kids and make offers down the road. That is the value of the camps.
Now I say Props to Ash and RU. More kids getting seen.

Would it be impolite ,at this time,to let these Northern Visitors see the name APPALACHIAN STATE,when they come over to pay homage to RUTGERS?

Would it be impolite ,at this time,to let these Northern Visitors see the name APPALACHIAN STATE,when they come over to pay homage to RUTGERS?
Not Sure "Paying Homage" is correct. APPALACHIAN STATE was a different coaching staff and none of the current players were on the team. Maybe you should look at the over under wins for the B1G released by Vegas.
Mich 10
Rutgers 4.5
I would say take a compliment graciously and move on. And I promise not to come by after the UM vs RU game this year.

Let's be honest here, it was a backhanded compliment, placing Michigan above everyone else with OSU as if Rutgers has no shot with top 5-10 kids in the camps when in reality, Rutgers is very much in play, and in some cases going head to head with Michigan, for just about every top kids in these 2 camps. Singleton, Bolds, Hansard, Warren, Bell, Fedd-Jackson...just to name a few.

Reactions: valkabit
Here is what Saban has to say about Harbaugh and the notion that this is all done for the benefit of the kids.

Let's be honest here, it was a backhanded compliment, placing Michigan above everyone else with OSU as if Rutgers has no shot with top 5-10 kids in the camps when in reality, Rutgers is very much in play, and in some cases going head to head with Michigan, for just about every top kids in these 2 camps. Singleton, Bolds, Hansard, Warren, Bell, Fedd-Jackson...just to name a few.
You truly missed the point. There was no disrespect to Rutgers intended. My point was these camps benefit the lower level kids and programs far more than the upper level programs. The Rutgers camp has turned out to be just as beneficial to the kids.
If you can't take that as a compliment so be it.

Here is what Saban has to say about Harbaugh and the notion that this is all done for the benefit of the kids.

Saban is full of Crap. Whether it is intended or not these camps benefit the kids that can't afford to travel to Colleges camps on their campus in multiple states or are not skilled enough to pull offers from the power 5 schools. There are 1000 kids and coaches from 80 colleges of all levels getting seen.
Saban has an agenda. My question is does this benefit the kids?

To qualified as a backhanded compliment, part of the post obviously has to be a compliment.

oldman87 said:
-----------------------------------------------
You truly missed the point. There was no disrespect to Rutgers intended. My point was these camps benefit the lower level kids and programs far more than the upper level programs. The Rutgers camp has turned out to be just as beneficial to the kids.
If you can't take that as a compliment so be it.
He got the point that you tried to hide and make like you were giving a compliment.
The fact is: Rutgers is starting to contend for the 5-10 kids you have earmarked as Buckeye/Wolverine bound and you want to make like lower level kids are the only recruits Rutgers has a chance with.

Reactions: oldman87
From Harbaugh's Twitter account about Saban:

"Amazing" to me- Alabama broke NCAA rules & now their HC is lecturing us on the possibility of rules being broken at camps. Truly "amazing."

oldman87 said:
-----------------------------------------------

He got the point that you tried to hide and make like you were giving a compliment.
The fact is: Rutgers is starting to contend for the 5-10 kids you have earmarked as Buckeye/Wolverine bound and you want to make like lower level kids are the only recruits Rutgers has a chance with.

MadHat.
Your wrong. I meant no disrespect to Rutgers. Take my comment anyway you like. It was giving props to Coach Ash and the Rutgers staff For bringing together an additional 40 programs and their coaches to get a chance to see 500 kids they would not have a chance to see.
I never earmarked the 5-10 as OSU and Mich bound. Just suggested they would only be interested in 5 to 10 kids. Where they choose to go remains to be seen.
Be thankful you have a coach that has won on the highest level and seems to have your program in the right direction. Hope for a winning season this year and better years after that.

From Harbaugh's Twitter account about Saban:

"Amazing" to me- Alabama broke NCAA rules & now their HC is lecturing us on the possibility of rules being broken at camps. Truly "amazing."
Harbaugh is just doing to Bama what he tried to do to Michigan football and get recruits to think Stanford was better for them.
Around 8 years ago Michigan made the HC of Stanford’s hit list and Harbaugh wasn’t so popular around Ann Arbor then.
Nothing changed academically for the Wolverine football program, only that Stanford HC the Michigan fans were pissed at coach is the Wolverine one now.
But his recruiting tactic of anyway to get an edge is the same now as it was then and Michigan fans are loving it ( now).

Eight years ago there was no love for him, as seen here.
>Incidentally, portraying Harbaugh as some sort of noble crusader is preposterous. If he had such deep concern for the fates of Michigan student-athletes, why is it only now, when he is attempting to frame Stanford as a city on a hill for D-I athletes, that his concerns come forth? Besides, Harbaugh's full of shit. Yost Built has a terrific survey of the declared majors on Stanford's football team, which look mighty suspicious:

http://mgoblog.com/content/destroy-harbaugh

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Harbaugh is just doing to Bama what he tried to do to Michigan football and get recruits to think Stanford was better for them.
Around 8 years ago Michigan made the HC of Stanford’s hit list and Harbaugh wasn’t so popular around Ann Arbor then.
Nothing changed academically for the Wolverine football program, only that Stanford HC the Michigan fans were pissed at coach is the Wolverine one now.
But his recruiting tactic of anyway to get an edge is the same now as it was then and Michigan fans are loving it ( now).

Eight years ago there was no love for him, as seen here.
>Incidentally, portraying Harbaugh as some sort of noble crusader is preposterous. If he had such deep concern for the fates of Michigan student-athletes, why is it only now, when he is attempting to frame Stanford as a city on a hill for D-I athletes, that his concerns come forth? Besides, Harbaugh's full of shit. Yost Built has a terrific survey of the declared majors on Stanford's football team, which look mighty suspicious:

http://mgoblog.com/content/destroy-harbaugh

WTH does any of this have to do with me giving the Rutgers staff props for putting a camp together that helps kids?
I don't give a shi* how you feel about Harbaugh or your thoughts on Michigan fans.
Good luck on the coming season.

WTH does any of this have to do with me giving the Rutgers staff props for putting a camp together that helps kids?
I don't give a shi* how you feel about Harbaugh or your thoughts on Michigan fans.

I actually just thought Harbaugh's quote about Saban was funny and a real nice dig at a sanctimonious jerk. Like him or not, Harbaugh knows how to coach and knows how to stir the pot.

Reactions: thevictors97

Didn't have a F'en thing to do with you or what you posted, try to grow thicker skin or try to know what you're complaining about ,before you start whining .:chairshot:
It was a reply to Clearscreen25's post and you can STFU about what or who I reply to if you're not involved.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Didn't have a F'en thing to do with you or what you posted, try to grow thicker skin or try to know what you're complaining about ,before you start whining .:chairshot:
It was a reply to Clearscreen25's post and you can STFU about what or who I reply to if you're not involved.
Right you are!
My Bad

Reactions: MADHAT1
An interesting billck side note : it was Rutgers Darius hamilton's old man (keith Hamilton ) that was called for a bs holding call that took back a Giants TD in that Ravens -Giants super bowl .
The call changed the whole complexion of the game and the Giants future .
The Ravens offense stunk and who knows how they would have reacted down 7-0. If the Giants won that game they probably don't wind up with Eli and coughlin four years later .

For some reason a mod deleted this post when I made it it's own thread;

ANN ARBOR -- Paramus Catholic's satellite football camp is turning into quite an event.

Complete with subplots.

Per Paramus president Jim Vail, the school's Next Level Football Camp has added both Alabama and Iowa and will now feature a whopping 90 college coaches from 45 different schools in 13 states.

Alabama's addition is the latest move that will bring the Crimson Tide's staff alongside Jim Harbaugh and Michigan on the camp tour. Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh is also expected to be at the event.

Nick Saban's staff will also be in Baltimore and Virginia next week at Michigan's two satellite camps in those states.

The Paramus Camp -- which will be an evening event on June 8 -- will take place one day before Harbaugh speaks at the school's commencement ceremony in New Jersey.

Paramus, of course, has been very good to Michigan in recent years.

The Wolverines signed current star Jabrill Peppers in 2014 before reeling in the No. 1-ranked player in the country this winter, five-star defensive tackle Rashan Gary. Current Michigan linebackers/special teams coach Chris Partridge is Paramus' former head coach.

Michigan is still very much in the mix for Paramus linebacker Drew Singleton, a four-star prospect who is the top-ranked recruit in New Jersey. The Wolverines are also recruiting three-star defensive tackle Corey Bolds, another Paramus prospect.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/06/alabama_iowa_will_join_michiga.html

Last edited:
Weren't harbaugh and saba just feuding publicly over this stuff?

I can't wait until this camp garbage is over because the pestilence of Michigan concern trolls is just the worst. Seriously do they not have their own rivals site? Go away.

I can't wait until this camp garbage is over because the pestilence of Michigan concern trolls is just the worst. Seriously do they not have their own rivals site? Go away.
Literally no one cares besides you and the fact that you scrounge the forums to reply to each and every post by a Michigan fan to tell them to go away is sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT