ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back 118

You mean that half empty section behind the 1 basket where some of the best fans used to sit and now is occupied by empty tables and casual fans on date night who don't know they're at a rutgers game or the color red?

Got rid of the most loyal RU fans in the world. We warned you. All about Hobbs.

I agree. That section is pitiful. They could at least include a scarlet T-shirt at the seats that the person must wear.

I was just jumping on the anti Hobbs train and thought about that extra revenue he has created which is miniscule in this scenario.

Reactions: bac2therac
Hobbs ignored the wishes of 250? hardcore fans and in consecutive years kicked out 30 year fans with no notice just so he can have the camera and have front row seats. There was no need and it was all about him. Fred didn’t do that. Pernetti didn’t do it. Julie didn’t do it. Hobbs did! All about him!! Pattern?

#118 Remembers

Last edited:
Hobbs ignored the wishes of 250? hardcore fans and in consecutive years kicked out 30 year fans with no notice just so he can have the camera and have front row seats. There was no need and it was all about him. Fred didn’t do that. Pernetti didn’t do it. Julie didn’t do it. Hobbs did! All about him!! Pattern?

#118 Remembers
RU had been trying to get rid of 118 going back to GW's time here. A certain assistant coach would tell me "next year's the year BK..."

That talk never truly went away. I was directly affected with the original reduction in 118 when they put in the black seats on the floor, and yeah...I was pissed at first, but the solutions presented were fair. Truth is fewer than 100 season ticket holders were left in the section when the move was made, and all were given chances to relocate to best available seating.

If you wanna rip on Hobbs for whatever you think you need to currently, that's your prerogative. But this is just stupid.

Last edited:
RU had been trying to get rid of 118 going back to GW's time here. A certain assistant coach would tell me "next year's the year BK..."

That talk never truly went away. I was directly affected with the original reduction in 118 when they put in the black seats on the floor, and yeah...I was pissed at first, but the solutions presented were fair. Truth is fewer than 100 season ticket holders were left in the section when the move was made, and all were given chances to relocate to best available seating.

If you wanna rip on Hobbs for whatever you think you need to currently, that's your prerogative. But this is just stupid.

The reality was #118 was no better or worse than the season tickets holders in the rest of the RAC and the fans that remained were among the most loyal and die hard and many for 30+years and yes even longer than BK. No consideration to those most loyal. Pattern here? They were yanked with no notice so Hobbs could have camera time.

Made a great home court advantage less so. Now it looks even worse and half empty with non RU fans and even worse optics. So gotta disagree. At the time BK was just as ticked as the rest of us! Hobbs was totally tone deaf to as good as fans as RU ever had.

Hobbs first. RU 2nd. That’s not stupid. Those who were displaced still can’t believe it. Go RU!

#118 Remembers!

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT