Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
RU upcoming schedule:

Feb 10- Maryland (21-2, 11-1)
Feb 14- Ohio St (10-11, 6-6)
Feb 18 -at Indiana (17-7, 6-6)
Feb 21 at Michigan (15-9, 6-6)

4 games in 11 days against very tough Big10 Opponents.

RU could be without 2 key starters in Jenkins (suspended) and Giurantes (injury).
Not much word on Giurantes other than one our posters seeing her at the M BB game limping noticeably.

I think I'd settle for 2-2 in these upcoming games. 3-1 would be terrific ! 4-0 almost impossible. 1-3 or worse would be a super bummer.

While the week of rest was welcomed, one must wonder why the B1G gave us a week off followed by 4 games in 11

I would sign on for 2-2 which would probably be enough to solidify a NCAA bid given a game vs Wisconsin which is very likely a win follows this stretch.

do not sleep on OSU...RU has struggled mightily against this team...have we beaten them since being in the Big 10...while they struggle early, they have picked things up. I could see a scenerio where RU loses all 4 games. CVS seems to have Kim Barnes number the last two years after struggling against her while she was at SJU.

This team clearly needs its mojo back so hopefully the challenge of Maryland gets it back.

While the week of rest was welcomed, one must wonder why the B1G gave us a week off followed by 4 games in 11

A week off is great for Giurantes to heal up. If the injury was season ending, I think we would have heard by now. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Did anything come out as to why CC played so little in our loss to Minnesota?

RU upcoming schedule:

RU could be without 2 key starters in Jenkins (suspended) and Giurantes (injury).
Not much word on Giurantes other than one our posters seeing her at the M BB game limping noticeably.

I think I'd settle for 2-2 in these upcoming games. 3-1 would be terrific ! 4-0 almost impossible. 1-3 or worse would be a super bummer.
So three 6-6 teams is brutal?

RU upcoming schedule:

And today's debacle against Maryland is not a good sign.

And today's debacle against Maryland is not a good sign.
I'll hope the way RU kept from losing more than the 14 points it fell being in 1'st quarter as a sign the Maryland gave was horrible, but after the first quarter RU did play more competitively .
( we must look on things positively and not be drawn into the darkness :D )

I'll hope the way RU kept from losing more than the 14 points it fell being in 1'st quarter as a sign the Maryland gave was horrible, but after the first quarter RU did play more competitively .
( we must look on things positively and not be drawn into the darkness :D )
Yes, we must try to stay positive. I think for this team to get back on track they HAVE TO beat Ohio State. They cannot lose to a team like OSU at home. That would be a really bad loss when the NCAA tournament committee looks at our losses. Losing to Minnesota on the road won't penalize us. Yes, it hurts to lose to Maryland at home but they're a top 10 team and we beat them earlier. But IMO OSU is a must win.

Reactions: MADHAT1
We actually caught a couple breaks today with teams behind us in the standings.

Minnesota beat Northwestern
Nebraska beat Purdue

We are at 9-3 and in a virtual tie for the 2/3 slot with 3 losses with Iowa.

Right now MICH St is in 4th at 6-5 and 2 games behind us in the lost column and we hold the tiebreaker
Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan are all 7-6. We hold the tie breaker against Purdue and Northwestern.

Iowa has 3 losses and still has to face Maryland. it really doesn’t matter if we finish 2nd or 3rd with them in the other spot. We would face them in the semis if seeding holds.

So if we right the ship and win on Thursday against OSU; win our remaining home games (against Wisconsin and Minnesota) and one of the 3 road games, we would have a max of 5 losses. That would guarantee a bye for the first 2 days of the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT