ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Lax Schedule

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Men's lacrosse as of now will be on TV 5 times this season, all B1G games (4 on BTN, 1 on ESPNU). Hopefully Cuse will be on TV as well...FS1 maybe?

Apparently not. After getting absolutely destroyed on their home field this weekend, looks like BTN knew something others didn't.

Did RU recruit him? I just assumed that Albany was his destination because of the Iricois team connections.

Did RU recruit him? I just assumed that Albany was his destination because of the Iricois team connections.
He was the #1 recruit in the country, so you would think everyone looked at him. He moved from a reservation school to IMG, so that could have complicated admission process. He obviously met NCAA eligibility standards, but the previous post implied he wanted to go to Rutgers but couldn't get in.

I doubt it was just RU. Most schools can get some athletes in, but not anyone. Then there are schools like Albany. From my understanding, their requirements are less than stringent.

This kid is unique. I believe he came off the Rez to attend IMG. I’m sure there were lots of hurdles to cross. The bigger take away is we are in it for kids like that.

Reactions: TommyRutgers
Where we are? A top 10’ish program getting better every year? Best part is it’s all just heating up.
Meh, we finished 5th in our conference last year and lost a road game to Army. Who yes, I know is tourney contender. And yes, I know we lost AC. But none of that would matter if we could take the best available players. As for it heating up, it would be even hotter right now. All I’m saying is, we have a lot of talent here. And a top 5 type of season is hard to reach with an early loss. Losing out on a very good recruit irks me.

Maryland won the national championship last year losing to a team ranked somewhere around. 17. At home.

Reactions: bigmatt718
We need to leave little to no doubt to the powers that be. Loss to Army hurts and letting them get up 5-1 should be a lesson. Great resilience to tie it up but can't really have anymore hiccups in the season moving forward. We need to beat who we are pegged to beat and pick up some upsets. I'm hoping Army turns this season into something special and improves our SOS.

Maryland also had far more support. Until now.
Not exactly sure what this means. Maryland is a storied program, though often the bridesmaid. They break through and win a title for the first time in 40 plus years and yet they're on the same support level as Rutgers? I think Rutgers is closer to a title (BIG or NCAA) in lax than any other sport, but as much because of the nature of the game than other issues, like football, basketball or wresting.

Last edited:
It means up until recently, Maryland had more support. It shouldn't be too surprising they've seen more success. They are a gold standard program.

Even so, they lost to an unranked team or close to it last year, yet still won the championship. There is a lot of season left and opportunity for wins. The focus is fixing the things we aren't doing well.

It means up until recently, Maryland had more support. It shouldn't be too surprising they've seen more success. They are a gold standard program.

Even so, they lost to an unranked team or close to it last year, yet still won the championship. There is a lot of season left and opportunity for wins. The focus is fixing the things we aren't doing well.
Ok. So they don't have more support now? Didn't realize there was some sort of paradigm shift and now RU has an advantage or is on the same support level as Md.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say we have an advantage, but when the facility gets completed, it will be better than what Maryland has. Maryland has more local support and fan support. The Sun covers lacrosse like it's NBA basketball. Sustained winning will create this type of environment. Lacrosse has always been a marquee sport at Maryland. Let's not forget how important bringing Hopkins into the B1G was when negotiations were going on for the move to the B1G. It's that important to them.

Let's not forget, up until 3 years ago we didn't even have the full allotment of scholarships or coaching positions filled.

That's all changed. Coach Hayes took the program as far as he could. Unfortunately, the next two guys did nothing buy bury it. Rutgers lacrosse tradition isn't Maryland's, but it's no slouch. We have been playing lacrosse at Rutgers for over 100 years. With the added funding, facilities, we are well on our way to taking the next step, which has included wins over other big time programs.

We won't win every game along the way. Competitive games against top 10 type programs are going to be the norm. We will win some. We will lose some. But if we were a stock, we'd be trending up.

ADVERTISEMENT