ADVERTISEMENT

Bus Trip for Possible Pinstripe Bowl Invite - Thursday, Dec. 28th 2:15PM

There's nothing wrong with that. I can see people not wanting to deal with the hassle of mass transit or driving on their own.
Oh no, nothing wrong at all, shit I even put together a bus trip to Giants Stadium for a game v PSU when we lived on Condict St.

Anyone who boycotts this bowl is a moron because it will make us less attractive for future bowl Opportunities.
No it won't Al. We have great history of traveling extremely well to Bowl games. Everyone knows we are tired of playing there. Hell we backed out of a regular season game to YS.

No it won't Al. We have great history of traveling extremely well to Bowl games. Everyone knows we are tired of playing there. Hell we backed out of a regular season game to YS.

Dear god, don't remind me of that debacle. We came so close to playing there, but the backlash was huge and Hobby Boy saw the writing on the wall.

Reactions: WhiteBus
We don’t travel as well as many of our Big 10 peers. Anyone who doesn’t want to go, should at least donate a ticket so someone else can go.

We’ve only gone there twice, in 2011 and 2013, so how can anyone be tired of it? Just say you don’t want to go to the Bronx.

I love how the OP asks a simple question and gets all these OT diatribes about not going to the Pinstripe. We get it, but save it for another thread.
True, although the responses from some are predictable. Thread title originally incorporated “gauging interest” perhaps encouraging some of the responses, but the real intent of the post is to let TKR members know there is a bus option and to get the bus information out to anyone who might be interested. The guy who runs these trips is not on these boards. BTW, there is plenty of tailgating.

We don’t travel as well as many of our Big 10 peers. Anyone who doesn’t want to go, should at least donate a ticket so someone else can go.

We’ve only gone there twice, in 2011 and 2013, so how can anyone be tired of it? Just say you don’t want to go to the Bronx.
You are forgetting the Army game there.

Anyone who boycotts this bowl is a moron because it will make us less attractive for future bowl Opportunities.
Baloney
Makes us less attractive for the Pimpstripe Bowl which is what the overwhelming majority of Rutgers fans want. If we have to be “selected” thank g-d we can only can be forced to go every 7 years .

That's because they're in a second rate conference.
If @AreYouNUTS signs up for the bus trip he has to agree to sit between the two of us! After 45 mins of us two he we'll get an Uber back to the Hoboken Watch Party. And we will pay for the ride and go with him! No doubt there will be constant laughter!! And a lot of beverages!!🤣

I can get there for $2.70,$1.25 for PATH,$1.45 for the No.4 train.
Schiano is 1-0 there,winning in 2011 vs the Cyclones.
The funniest thing was seeing all of those ISU people promoting Ron Paul's candidacy for the Iowa Caucus,the last thing one would expect to see in the South Bronx.

Baloney
Makes us less attractive for the Pimpstripe Bowl which is what the overwhelming majority of Rutgers fans want. If we have to be “selected” thank g-d we can only can be forced to go every 7 years .
Wrong. Attendance is part of our bowl resume. If we can’t show well to a bowl nearby, how do you think bowl committees are going to think we’re going to show to bowls thousands of miles away? I believe the rule is you can’t be selected twice within a 3 year period, but I have to reread the rules.

If @AreYouNUTS signs up for the bus trip he has to agree to sit between the two of us! After 45 mins of us two he we'll get an Uber back to the Hoboken Watch Party. And we will pay for the ride and go with him! No doubt there will be constant laughter!! And a lot of beverages!!🤣
Bro...if it's there....I'm doing 1 of 2 things:

- walk to PATH, take PATH to 33rd, go to my party at Legend's, take D to stadium/game or
- walk to PATH, take PATH to WTC, take 4 to 161st St/Yankee Stadium, go to party, go to game!!

PATH Cost - $5.50
Subway Cost - $5.80

.....which means I have A(ir Fare to Nashville - $11.30) EXTRA to spend on booze SHOULD we end up in The Boogie Down!

I don't want to go to the Bronx

Reactions: RU#1fan
Wrong. Attendance is part of our bowl resume. If we can’t show well to a bowl nearby, how do you think bowl committees are going to think we’re going to show to bowls thousands of miles away? I believe the rule is you can’t be selected twice within a 3 year period, but I have to reread the rules.
No B1G team has any desire to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. Why do you think the Conference mandated that no Team has to play there more than once every 8 years. It’s a total joke of a Bowl.
If all programs boycotted this Bowl it would simply go away like it should.

The Participation rule for the Pinstripe Bowl is 8 different B1G Teams over a 8 year period. This way the “pain” is spread over all Teams. Yeah Al a Bowl that everyone wants. Bowl Committees have no concerns on what happens at this Bowl.

Last edited:
It absolutely amazes me that people would look down their nose at ANY bowl game, I dont care if its in Alaska, after what we've been through for the past decade

Reactions: RUInDaBronx
That's because they're in a second rate conference.
That’s payback for the French.
Let BC bring their 900 fans to the South Bronx.

We will laugh at this Pimpstripe Bowl over the next 4 years when we are playing in better bowls.
If we have to be forced to go this year….it’s one and done for 8 years. Thankfully

Whoever is organizing this bus trip should try to make it into an athletes NIL supporting event. in fact, wherever we go for a Bowl, is a perfect opportunity to facilitate travel and provide a better experience while also contributing to our NIL Collectives.

Whichever service supports our NIL Collectives for Bowl travel is the one I will be using.

Had fun at the pinstripe vs iowa state. Not so much nd as we were in our decline at that point. I also saw Penn state BC there. The place was packed and it was electric.

Reactions: eddynyse
No B1G team has any desire to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. Why do you think the Conference mandated that no Team has to play there more than once every 8 years. It’s a total joke of a Bowl.
If all programs boycotted this Bowl it would simply go away like it should.

The Participation rule for the Pinstripe Bowl is 8 different B1G Teams over a 8 year period. This way the “pain” is spread over all Teams. Yeah Al a Bowl that everyone wants. Bowl Committees have no concerns on what happens at this Bowl.

You might want to use the actual Big Ten Bowl selection criteria before making such pronouncements. Most of what you posted is not true. For instance, the Pinstripe Bowl can choose Rutgers in 2023 and 2025, though they will work to ensure variety. There is “no repeat” clauses in consecutive seasons to ensure variety as well. However, there is no such thing as 8 teams for the bowl in 8 seasons, which is what you asserted.

Here is the Big Ten Bowl Selection Criteria:

Big Ten Bowl Overview
• 2023 is the fourth year of the Big Ten’s current six-year non-CFP bowl cycle.

SELECTION PARAMETERS
o “Variety Clauses” ensure fresh experiences and bowl destinations for students and fans, andspecify the following:
§ Five different teams must appear in six games in the Citrus, ReliaQuest, Music City, andGuaranteed Rate Bowls
§ Two different teams must appear in three games in the Las Vegas Bowl§ At least three different teams in four years from 2022 – 2025 in the Pinstripe Bowl, with the goal of four different teams
o “No Repeat” clauses for Big Ten non-CFP bowl games prohibit consecutive appearances in the same non-CFP bowl game in consecutive seasons
o Big Ten Conference Handbook (Contract Bowls). 18.7.B.2.: Conference teams invited to participate in a contract bowl are obligated to accept such invitation.

Cheez-It Citrus Bowl (vs. SEC; Orlando, FL)
• Will feature at least five different Big Ten teams over six-year agreement
2023: No Purdue

ReliaQuest Bowl (vs. SEC; Tampa, FL)

2023: No Illinois
o Note: The ACC replaces the Big Ten in the ReliaQuest Bowl when the Big Ten is selected to playin a non-Semifinal Orange Bowl

Music City Bowl (vs. SEC; Nashville, TN)
2023: No Iowa

Las Vegas Bowl (vs. Pac-12; Las Vegas, NV)

• Will feature at least two different Big Ten teams in three games
2023: No Wisconsin

Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl (vs. ACC; New York, NY)

• Will feature at least three different Big Ten teams from 2022-25, and endeavor to have four different teams.
2023: No Minnesota

Guaranteed Rate Bowl (vs. Big 12; Phoenix, AZ)

Quick Lane Bowl (vs. MAC; Detroit, MI)

• Goal is to avoid repeat Big Ten team appearances in consecutive seasons.
2023: No Restrictions

Last edited:
I will go to whatever bowl game they go to. I have missed many of them due to work out of town, unfortunately all of the victories.

I was on another bus trip for the Pinstripe Bowl vs ND, and it was a great experience - the food spread was amazing.

Obviously it will be more of a “Bowl Experience” going out of town -

I already have SW flight to Nashville reserved on points (just in case)

By Cyber Monday we will know if Vegas is a possibility, then may do something towards Vegas Hotel/flight reservations. All reg Airline tickets count for credit for a year anyway.

Team has worked hard towards becoming one of the better teams in the Big Ten & Bowl Eligibility. They deserve our support

No B1G team has any desire to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. Why do you think the Conference mandated that no Team has to play there more than once every 8 years.
Wow, two completely false statements in the first two sentences of your post. Impressive.

Rutgers is almost certainly going to the Pinstripe Bowl this year, even with a win over Iowa today. If you "boycott" the bowl because of some stupid grudge you are not an RU fan despite your screen name. It's that simple.

Reactions: rutgersal
You might want to use the actual Big Ten Bowl selection criteria before making such pronouncements. Most of what you posted is not true. For instance, the Pinstripe Bowl can choose Rutgers in 2023 and 2025, though they will work to ensure variety. There is “no repeat” clauses in consecutive seasons to ensure variety as well. However, there is no such thing as 8 teams for the bowl in 8 seasons, which is what you asserted.

Big Ten Bowl Overview

SELECTION PARAMETERS
o “Variety Clauses” ensure fresh experiences and bowl destinations for students and fans, andspecify the following:
§ Five different teams must appear in six games in the Citrus, ReliaQuest, Music City, andGuaranteed Rate Bowls
§ Two different teams must appear in three games in the Las Vegas Bowl§ At least three different teams in four years from 2022 – 2025 in the Pinstripe Bowl, with the goal of four different teams
o “No Repeat” clauses for Big Ten non-CFP bowl games prohibit consecutive appearances in the same non-CFP bowl game in consecutive seasons
o Big Ten Conference Handbook (Contract Bowls). 18.7.B.2.: Conference teams invited to participate in a contract bowl are obligated to accept such invitation.

o Note: The ACC replaces the Big Ten in the ReliaQuest Bowl when the Big Ten is selected to playin a non-Semifinal Orange Bowl

• Will feature at least three different Big Ten teams from 2022-25, and endeavor to have four different teams.

Three teams must play in the Pimpstripe Bowl between 2022- 2025 …. I like our chances of only playing once in this crap Bowl.
BTW .. the previous clause was a B1G team was only forced to play once every 8 years in this very desirable Bowl. Hopefully it will go back to that after 2025 or we by some luck the B1G moves on from this venue.

Reactions: lakejj
Below is an update from Mike Mahony, the organizer of the bus trip.

PINSTRIPE BOWL ALERT UPDATE
It is only a formality Rutgers is going to the Pinstripe Bowl on Thursday December 28th 2:10pm. On Sunday December 3rd at noon is when it will be officially announced. That is when you should purchase your tickets and get your payments to me for the bus so I can receive it by the bus cut off date of Wednesday December 6th. My address is 69 Cleveland Ave Milltown 08850. You can also Venmo me at Anita-Burke-8. The cost is $60 per person for the bus only. We currently have 86 verbal commitments. Those of you who have verbally committed to me are guaranteed a spot on one of the two buses. I am asking you again to please get back to me with your verbal commitment and EXACTLY how many people so I know how to move on from here. I know there's going to be a lot more interested people contacting me. The next 22 people are guaranteed a spot on the first two buses which makes 108 people. We need 135 people total to make three buses. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION. GO RU. Any payments received before December 3rd are totally refundable.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrankyMonkey
The B1G rules are written for this g-d awful to minimize the number of times B1G have to visit this piss poor Bowl venue. If you don’t think Bowls like Phoenix, Orlando, Houston, etc. remember how well Rutgers travelled to their Bowls/ Cities and spend dollar$ you are mistaken.
This venue is a one off and everyone knows it means jackshat.

The B1G rules are written for this g-d awful to minimize the number of times B1G have to visit this piss poor Bowl venue. If you don’t think Bowls like Phoenix, Orlando, Houston, etc. remember how well Rutgers travelled to their Bowls/ Cities and spend dollar$ you are mistaken.
This venue is a one off and everyone knows it means jackshat.
Bowls weigh Rutgers against Other Big Ten Schools. They will choose Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Iowa before they choose Rutgers. In 2014, the Foster City Bowl chose Maryland over Rutgers, despite us beating them. Bowl attendance is part of our bowl resume.

Reactions: MinaD20

Big Ten Bowl Overview

SELECTION PARAMETERS

Al,
Prior to the last revision by the B1G it was 7 different teams every 8 years in the highly desirable Pinstripe. You can look it up.
If you think Maryland travels better than RU to football road games including Bowls you again are totally absent from reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT