ADVERTISEMENT

C. Vivian Stringer Tweet- I'm Not Done Coaching

That is awkward. You can say one thing about her team. They know how to get her out there when they need to, Silent for nearly a year and now they get her a spot leading into March Madness. Also interesting that her last tweet was nearly 1 year ago.

She makes good points and hope the not done coaching means coaching women to stand up for their rights in and outside of the sports environment and not planning to keep on being the RU WBB HC..

Seems a little strange seeing her talking about future plans publicly now ,after being invisible for close to a year now.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Interesting tidbit. Main sponsor for game is? TIAA CREF. Coincidence? Think not, gotta wonder when that CVS bit was taped.

I spelled it wrong...LOL

images

Hey Viv, I can't do what I did 20 years ago and neither can you. Time to pack it in.
You've done better than more than 99% of the people who post here. Enjoy your
accomplishments.
When will there be an announcement on her status? Hobbs can contact coaches pretty soon

Not sure TIAA is getting their moneys worth from Cviv on this one. Only 2 replies to Cvivs Twitter and neither are very flattering. One making fun of her delco personality and the other one calling her tone deaf for not showing up to her million dollar plus job for 2 years.

Not sure TIAA is getting their moneys worth from Cviv on this one. Only 2 replies to Cvivs Twitter and neither are very flattering. One making fun of her delco personality and the other one calling her tone deaf for not showing up to her million dollar plus job for 2 years.
What is a delco personality?

Hobbs better make the announcement one week max that she is done and the search is in for a new coach

The longer this continues, the more the once proud RU Womens BB Program suffers into further embarrassment.
This year was an embarrassment because of how the team played in beginning of B1G play and the confusion of CVS' status and not knowing what's going on concerning her LOA and the lack of communication about it from the University and Stringer herself.

The program seemed to be improving the last couple of years, but this one destroyed that progress and trust in the leadership of the RU WBB program.

This tweet didn't help one bit because it seemed to imply Vivian is coming back as RU's HC, but didn't really state that was a fact.
Stringer just added to the confusion over her status as HC and it was a more about her future overall plans and not her plans to return as the RU HC, retire and take an administrative position in the Athletic Department or just retire riding of to the sunset.

Rutgers and it's WBB program owes a lot to CVS, but C..Vivian Stringer owe RU the WBB Program and it's fans the respect and consideration to know exactly if she's coming back and if there are any health issues she has that needs to be taken care of before she commits to return .

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I am glad you coming back to finish your last 4 years, you deserve the right to finish your contract.

When she left the team finished 3rd in the Big Ten... how could she run the program into oblivion?
The team has been in a general decline since it’s peak of 2007-2008. The game has passed her by…she may be able to attract some good players, but there are so many better destinations right now than RU. Couple this with a depleted roster, the portal and younger and more energetic coaches out there, and RU would be better served in moving on; she has nothing to prove, anyways. After this disaster of a season, I hope Hobbs has what it takes to get this program unstuck and out of moribund status. If she comes back for 4 years after this well paid hiatus, then get ready for more of the same.

The team has been in a general decline since it’s peak of 2007-2008. The game has passed her by…she may be able to attract some good players, but there are so many better destinations right now than RU. Couple this with a depleted roster, the portal and younger and more energetic coaches out there, and RU would be better served in moving on; she has nothing to prove, anyways. After this disaster of a season, I hope Hobbs has what it takes to get this program unstuck and out of moribund status. If she comes back for 4 years after this well paid hiatus, then get ready for more of the same.
I agree CVS and RU would better off ending this, but to say she ran the program into oblivion is idiotic. Yes, it is not what it once was, but making the NCAA most years is hardly ruining the program. She is ending her career similar to Jimmy Boeheim at Cuse. (although he has not been as successful)

I blame this season on Stringer, not the coaching part but the overal confusion about what's going on that could have affected the players that transferred in because they thought they would be playing for her and going on a LOA in which she couldn't be involved with the program instead of temporaly moving into the Athletic Department in an administrative position in which she could have been involved, even if only by zoom meetings.

As for program in a state of decline compared to the good old days, can be said true, but the last couple of years made the program look like it was headed back to being close to the glory years if the improved play continued.

A lot is being made about a depleted roster and transfers out..
But if you look at college WBB on the whole eligibility does run out along with the new rules making for a flood of transferring out now and if comparing it to the way old rules worked, those years make the number look like a trickle compared to the number now going someplace else to play.

Also if you compare who cam in this season compared to who left RU,it will be a wash.
Rutgers has a good core of young players on next years squad that can be built around by recruiting talented HS players along with using the player portal and JUCO programs to gather the talent to surrond those players returning.
Thus having a roster next season that could be the makings of a real good team if they are properly coached.
I belive CVS still has the coaching chops, but lost her recruiting edge because no one knows if she'll be u to the grind of coaching again.
Her LOA this year was a ball of confusion that only speculated , never officially announced by the school or her, covid 19 safety rules , not to her liking, was the reason .
But no one really knew if it was or not, making some feel there were health issues involved that Vivian and Hobbs were keeping private.
Then you have her last time leaving the bench for home a few years ago because of fatigue:
you can bet that will be added in the rexcuiting wars RU will face making bringing in talent because Stringer is the HC probably a tough task to accomplish.
No one will be sure how long she'll last as a HC and the of her contract won't be a help because of last year's LOA fatuige absence a few years ago and suspected health issues that comes easier as one ages.that will be pointed out by those recruiting against RU & her

With that in mind I defend Stringers coaching ability, but feel she has to many issues against her that makes her coming back to coach RU in 2022-23 a bad idea.

Reactions: RUNVA
If you are a parent of a high profile high school player do you advise your child to even consider Rutgers?

If you are that recruit do you consider Rutgers? What would make you come here?

If you are on the roster now aren't you looking for other opportunities?
Madhat: Which players on the current roster do you think will stay? Why would they?
How many were given significant minutes this year?

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
If you are a parent of a high profile high school player do you advise your child to even consider Rutgers?

If you are that recruit do you consider Rutgers? What would make you come here?

If you are on the roster now aren't you looking for other opportunities?
Madhat: Which players on the current roster do you think will stay? Why would they?
How many were given significant minutes this year?
can't really say which players will stay or go.
Head Coaching situation is the question when trying to look at the should I go or should I stay player movement.
Get a good HC and I feel transferring would be held in check.
Despite the way season seemed to be ending on an upbeat note, if Tim is named HC you'll see the players that have good options leave to greener grass. ( more structured playing time and better game strategy)

If I was advising , I;d advise to stay away from RU if CVS is returning because I would let my kid know Stringer might not be there next year or finish out this one (2022-23 season)
Tim named Vivian's replacement, would advise against

If CVS retires and new HC hired , advice would depend on who RU brings in and the staff that is hired to help.
Hiring one or the other ( both) on the cheap would make it impossible to trust the program is going to succeed..
Pay what's need to hire a quality candidate and bring in good staff, I'd go RU

Off hand the best transfer bets would be Erica, Kierra, Chyna and Liz.
Sakima also has to be thought of a good possibility to transfer if things look like they will not change.. ( yes the the players that I counted on to be built around next year to make winning
expected again)
If Stringer decides to come back, she'll have to have these kids trust she'll not take off again.
I don't know if she'd get that trust completely, but don't know how they felt about her taking the LOA and not being able to be involved in their RU career in the 2021-22 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT