ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Caleb McConnell returning to Rutgers for final season of collegiate eligibility

9ky2.gif

Welcome back Caleb!!!! Now let’s fill those other two spots with another big and a wing.

This is absolutely terrific news. I believe we will see a lot more of the Caleb as he showed in the Notre Dame game this coming year. He will be an all B1G candidate for his offensive skills on top of his tenacious defensive skills. I am thrilled with his return We will be a contender for being in the top 4 again.

Awesome news. So we return a solid core of 3 veteran RU starters, including the top defensive player in the B1G, second leading assist man in the B1G, and the leading dunker in the nation, all of whom have thrived under Pike. Add to that one and possibly two high-level shooters/scorers plus some excellent returning (and new) role players, and we have a legit chance to dance once again.

Awesome news. So we return a solid core of 3 veteran RU starters, including the top defensive player in the B1G, second leading assist man in the B1G, and the leading dunker in the nation, all of whom have thrived under Pike. Add to that one and possibly two high-level shooters/scorers plus some excellent returning (and new) role players, and we have a legit chance to dance once again.
Assuming the role players take a big step up, we can be very good again next year. Can't expect Notre Dame Caleb over a full season, but think he will become a better 2 way player.

Reactions: Scangg and BillyC80
Huge piece for the bball program to bridge and continue the momentum.

I hope to see him continue to be dominant defensively and flash that offensive side more often .

curious what his NIL package is like with the knights of Raritan

Assuming the role players take a big step up, we can be very good again next year. Can't expect Notre Dame Caleb over a full season, but think he will become a better 2 way player.

Whether he steps up as a scorer on offense or not, his return is a huge boost on both sides of the ball. His contributions in half court ball rotations and handling pressure are often overlooked. In my opinion, it would’ve been very difficult for our role players to make strides if we had to count on Paul to run the offense on his own.

you're not going to get a decent big to come here knowing that Cliff is getting the bulk of the minutes
The power foward position needs to be filled with a shooter and rebounder that is at least 6' 8'' tall.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
The power foward position needs to be filled with a shooter and rebounder that is at least 6' 8'' tall.
Ron is 6-6. And Caleb and Hyatt both grabbed more boards than him on a per minute basis last season. I’m not seeing height replacement as a big concern.

I do agree it would be ridiculous to leave 2 schollies open but at this point, expecting to land a plug and play starter at 4 seems unrealistic. We’ll likely pick up a utility player.

Reactions: Scangg
This is absolutely terrific news. I believe we will see a lot more of the Caleb as he showed in the Notre Dame game this coming year. He will be an all B1G candidate for his offensive skills on top of his tenacious defensive skills. I am thrilled with his return We will be a contender for being in the top 4 again.
Ya I've always thought there was some untapped offensive potential there.

Given how he has already established himself as an elite defender I think he'll be able to focus on his offensive game this season.

Definitely huge for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT