ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb's Toughness

FIJI'83

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
I know it's been talked about a lot but I just have so much respect for what Caleb is doing willing to put his body on the line with a bad back and going through hours of treatment to be able to play for this team. If they lose to Michigan this season will rightfully always be remembered as a total collapse and choke job by the coaches and a number of players but I will always remember the fight and leadership Caleb showed this year. Meanwhile you have losers in the NBA like Ben Simmons who makes 35 Mill+ per season constantly sitting out games with "back tightness" and "back inflammation". Caleb will need to spend time in the G-League but if the coaches there can work help him work on his shooting form he can become a 3&D role player in the league.

I know there’s not much anyone is going to want to remember from the game last night, but the play where Caleb dove to knock away a pass on a fast break tells you everything you need to know about him. Gives it everything he has no matter what condition he’s in.

I know there’s not much anyone is going to want to remember from the game last night, but the play where Caleb dove to knock away a pass on a fast break tells you everything you need to know about him. Gives it everything he has no matter what condition he’s in.
The fact he's contributing at all when his back is so bad he can't practice at all is amazing. So many players in his situation would have shut it down for the season

Caleb’s great. It’s a shame he didn’t get to be a defensive ace for his last year. He thrives when he is the 4th or 5th offensive option. I wonder if he’s put any thought into heading straight into the coaching ranks. I’d imagine he could find a job asap as a defensive guru. Hate to say it, but his shot seems broken by injuries.

I love you Caleb .. hardest working, toughest RU bball player I’ve ever seen. His stuff on D is just magic and you don’t see it at any level. The ultimate standard. Culture changer.

Caleb’s great. It’s a shame he didn’t get to be a defensive ace for his last year. He thrives when he is the 4th or 5th offensive option. I wonder if he’s put any thought into heading straight into the coaching ranks. I’d imagine he could find a job asap as a defensive guru. Hate to say it, but his shot seems broken by injuries.
There are a number of players in the NBA who have almost no offensive game but have stayed in the league for years by just being great 1v1 defenders. I think Caleb will have a chance he shouldn't give up on playing yet.

Reactions: new jersey1
The NBA has changed dramatically with the high number of 3 point shots.which leaves less roster positions for players like Caleb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT