ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff should announce NEXT WEEK he’s returning…

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
This is no way to go out. With a wimper. Basically on the bench most of your final game??

Why go thru the process? There’s NO WAY he gets a look at the next level. MAYBE Europe? I don’t even see G League at this point.

He can play on an excellent team for the first time since his Sophomore year. They will make his game better.

Sharpen the SKILL SET with a solid PRIVATE COACH this summer. Come back and show what he can do OFFENSIVELY. We know he can block shots. Show everyone you’re a PRO PROSPECT.

My 2 cents.

This is no way to go out. With a wimper. Basically on the bench most of your final game??

Why go thru the process? There’s NO WAY he gets a look at the next level. MAYBE Europe? I don’t even see G League at this point.

He can play on an excellent team for the first time since his Sophomore year. They will make his game better.

Sharpen the SKILL SET with a solid PRIVATE COACH this summer. Come back and show what he can do OFFENSIVELY. We know he can block shots. Show everyone you’re a PRO PROSPECT.

My 2 cents.
He’ll be back next year… just at a different university

I don’t think it happens. We can’t wait for him to go through his nba process again miss out on a replacement.

Reactions: socaldave
Well, whatever Cliff decides to do, I hope he makes his choice quickly since, after getting burned last year with late decisions by players that definitely hurt the team, I doubt Pike, (as much as he respects and loves CO as a student and player), is gonna cut him an excessively prolonged amount of slack in terms of decision time.

But no matter what path he chooses, I wish the young guy the best. (That said, I can definitely see the pragmatism and logic of the OP's post.)

My 2 cents.
I think it will take more than your 2 cents of NIL money.

This next season is his last chance to make a big 6 figure salary playing college. Since 98% of the regular posters here give only suggestions but no NIL contributions, there are other schools that are way more likely to pay Cliff a big amount to work on his SKILL SET and show that he’s a PRO
PROSPECT.

St John’s make a lot of sense. He can play more of an uptempo game there, they need center next season, they’re already going to be in the NIL tournament and they have NIL

Don’t count on anyone. There’s no loyalty in college basketball anymore.

I can easily see myself bailing on this whole shit show after next season. I really hope I’m wrong.
This.

I feel like next year is a make or break year. The end is near for my college basketball and football/Rutgers obsession.

$$ ruined MLB for me, now it has totally destroyed college sports.

Reactions: socaldave

My 2 cents.
Sorry, even if the new 2 pan out the rest of the roster as we assume it now will not remotely resemble an excellent team

And if you mean NBA prospect after another year, that’s preposterous. The guy can’t pass catch, dribble or shoot.

Don’t count on anyone. There’s no loyalty in college basketball anymore.

I can easily see myself bailing on this whole shit show after next season. I really hope I’m wrong.
Hopefully you have seats in the 100s or court side because I want them.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Sorry, even if the new 2 pan out the rest of the roster as we assume it now will not remotely resemble an excellent team

And if you mean NBA prospect after another year, that’s preposterous. The guy can’t pass catch, dribble or shoot.
I said get a coach, did you not read that part?

I can't tell you I have inside information here, but my coaching connections in the G League tell me that Cliff has the talent to play there based on his value as a rim protector and in pick and roll.

Doesn't mean he will, but it wouldn't seem far fetched to think he could move on for that type of opportunity

I can't tell you I have inside information here, but my coaching connections in the G League tell me that Cliff has the talent to play there based on his value as a rim protector and in pick and roll.

Doesn't mean he will, but it wouldn't seem far fetched to think he could move on for that type of opportunity

if he wants to get paid, he will make more in college playing as a 5th year at say an Auburn or Kentucky that will give him high 6 figure NIL deal. They will find a way around the international student issue

I said get a coach, did you not read that part?
doesnt matter. he’s not coordinated. If the skills I mention could be fixed, they would have been. if you think someone who’s played college basketball for four years needs a coach to teach him how to catch a ball….

Programs can go abroad every 4 years. With all of the international players, that's an opportunity for them to strike NIL deals overseas, so there are plenty of options of teams that could work NIL contracts for foreign born players next year.

if he wants to get paid, he will make more in college playing as a 5th year at say an Auburn or Kentucky that will give him high 6 figure NIL deal. They will find a way around the international student issue

Do you mean ‘pick, roll and throw blindly toward the glass’ ? They look for that unique talent in the G ?

• Haha
Reactions: AdventureHasAName

he definitely can play in the G league but (hate saying this about players I love) he has zero shot at the NBA. Hell, I love RHJ too and I said the same thing about him. G league might be fun for a year or 2 I guess but making a career out of it might not be feasible. I wish I was wrong.

I pray he does

Reactions: RUDiddy777

He is good at defending guards coming through the paint, but is a relatively weak defender in the post against other big men, and the talent level, size and athleticism of those centers increases exponentially when you go up a level. The first requirement of any aspiring NBA big man is to play strong post defense, and this is the biggest obstacle keeping Cliff from G league. Someone might take a flyer on him, but my guess is he is going to have to go to Europe and work full time on his deficiencies and try to come back if he shows progress.

Reactions: SBP and RUDiddy777
Pick and roll defender. But he can't pick, roll to the basket, and cleanly catch a pass. If you think Simpson shooting is like a turnover, what they heck would you call Cliff. He has done what he can do here. He blocks three shots a game and misses shot after shot or loses the ball off his hands. Did you see Reese catch the ball, turn, and shoot a jump shot into the basket. I did. But Cliff, not so much.

He also hasn’t had a decent center to play against in practice since Myles graduated. That won’t be a problem at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT