ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan-J. Williams-Ace-Mag-Cliff 24-25 starting lineup

KK1827

Senior
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2023
If this is our starting lineup next year we could make some noise.

Cliff is much better served playing with two lotto picks and showing nba teams what he can do with talent than playing with a bunch of schlubs in the g league. Also, he’ll make more money here than the g league.

Bench would be fairly deep and have some experience to it too with guys like simpson, j-mike, ogbele, sommerville, gavin, dortch and grant available off the bench.

Cliff is much better served playing with two lotto picks and showing nba teams what he can do with talent than playing with a bunch of schlubs in the g league. Also, he’ll make more money here than the g league.

Bench would be fairly deep and have some experience to it too with guys like simpson, j-mike, ogbele, sommerville, gavin, dortch and grant available off the bench.
While I ageee cliff and mag should both come back, I’d be shocked if we get both back

Cliff needs to spend the entire off season, with every waking hour, working on his touch around the rim and developing a set of 3 post moves that he can execute while being balanced on his feet. He would’ve been in player of the year contention the last two seasons if he diligently did so since day 1 on campus.
Rutgers needs a assistant coach that concentrates on improving center post moves around the basket.

again last night Cliff had his man beat if he had drop step in the 2nd half. Left side of the basket the defender was on his left hip, should be an instant drop step. Should be instinctive
Exactly. Was saying this to the 2 people sitting on front of me. He gets the defender in perfect position on his hip and all he needs to do is dropstep and he has an easy layup or a dunk. Instead we see him going to the same side as the defender for his hook which is ineffective and guarded.

Kyk, I know you pay attention to what Richie is saying. Richie says he is not not not coming back. Why even post this? Cliff is not coming back and he can’t make NIL money unless we play a game out of the country.

Mulcahy and Spencer bailed on us.
And others before Mulcahy and Spencer.
It’s a stretch to think Cliff and Mag are sticking around.

Cliff needs to spend the entire off season, with every waking hour, working on his touch around the rim and developing a set of 3 post moves that he can execute while being balanced on his feet. He would’ve been in player of the year contention the last two seasons if he diligently did so since day 1 on campus.
Additionally he needs to work on his hands. Currently not up to par.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
I worry about the three-point shooting here, not a starter who’s been a proven 3PT shooter at the college level. Also, while JWill has impressed me with his ball handling, I’m not sure he’s a lead press breaking guard if Dylan wants to be off ball.

I’d personally go with a Mark Sears type transfer PG, bump Dylan to the 2 and have JWill off the bench.

I worry about the three-point shooting here, not a starter who’s been a proven 3PT shooter at the college level. Also, while JWill has impressed me with his ball handling, I’m not sure he’s a lead press breaking guard if Dylan wants to be off ball.

I’d personally go with a Mark Sears type transfer PG, bump Dylan to the 2 and have JWill off the bench.
LOL. Have you been watching the last three games?? J Will absolutely deserves to start.

He's a 15/12 reb/4 block player next year with 125-140 dunks. If he doesn't get those dunks, it just means the other 3 are going OFF.

When he catches the ball with both feet outside of the semi-circle, his back can't be facing the basket. Why the staff allows him to post up so far from the basket is absolutely maddening. The lack of coaching is criminal.

Oddly, he only struggles with his hands when offensive rebounding. His hands are great other than that.

Kyk, I know you pay attention to what Richie is saying. Richie says he is not not not coming back. Why even post this? Cliff is not coming back and he can’t make NIL money unless we play a game out of the country.
Maybe we can schedule an OOC game in Canada, maybe against another team with a decent amount of players from overseas?
I would love to see cliff come back for 1 more season. We do need to get a big man coach not only for cliff, if he stays, but also for Boli and Lathan and moving the program forward.

Reactions: DirtyRU
He's a 15/12 reb/4 block player next year with 125-140 dunks. If he doesn't get those dunks, it just means the other 3 are going OFF.

When he catches the ball with both feet outside of the semi-circle, his back can't be facing the basket. Why the staff allows him to post up so far from the basket is absolutely maddening. The lack of coaching is criminal.

Oddly, he only struggles with his hands when offensive rebounding. His hands are great other than that.
It’s probably not that the coaches want or let him receive that far away….i think Cliff gets lost and doesn’t recognize where he is.

Too often he ends up on underneath the backboard, or is farther away than he realizes on his scoop shots.

Poor spatial awareness.

If we can somehow finagle Cliff to come back, and Mag returns, this would be a team with Final Four potential.

The defense would still be off the charts, and the buckets could come from everywhere on the court.

I know it’s a pipe dream, but I’m salivating at the mere thought.

If we can somehow finagle Cliff to come back, and Mag returns, this would be a team with Final Four potential.

The defense would still be off the charts, and the buckets could come from everywhere on the court.

I know it’s a pipe dream, but I’m salivating at the mere it
I have no inside info here. Im just talking my read on the situation which is cliff can make more playing college next year with lotto picks than g league
And hurt himself long term if he gets hurt. If he plays three or four years g league - especially on a two way contract - he’ll make more.

It’s probably not that the coaches want or let him receive that far away….i think Cliff gets lost and doesn’t recognize where he is.

Too often he ends up on underneath the backboard, or is farther away than he realizes on his scoop shots.

Poor spatial awareness.

I don't blame Cliff. He's been doing the same stuff the entire time. I have to wonder if he even receives offensive coaching. Does the staff have short term memory loss after each game?

As a teammate, you're coached when to (and when not to) pass it to the bigs. If cliff loses awareness that he out too far, the teammate can clearly see he isn't in a winning position. We are setting up plays to pass cliff the ball after he posts up regardless of where he is positioned. The staff is calling for that extremely low percentage play (let's start the game with a pass to cliff in the post if we don't get an alley oop). Cliff also doesn't draw fouls when he's posting up outside the semi-circle so there's no secondary benefit.

It isn't winning basketball and it sounds like we need to go 6-1 (maybe 7-0) outside of the Purdue game.

Is it still true that international players can’t receive NIL money? The NJ rules are implemented next year and I didn’t see any mention about international players being ineligible.

Richie is right on a lot of stuff but to be fair he got Caleb’s 5th year return wrong I believe. Things change sometimes when guys fully access their options in the off-season. 72 said 25% chance which I view with optimism. That means the possibility at least hasn’t been completely shut down.

Reactions: Scangg
I have no inside info here. Im just talking my read on the situation which is cliff can make more playing college next year with lotto picks than g league
there is no guarantee that Cliff would even be able to make a G-league roster with his current skill set (can't shoot, no moves, lack of offense IQ, poor hands). If I was him I would return to RU and make some money and try to improve offensely.... OR transfer to anther college program that can help develop him offensively (RU has failed at that).

Reactions: RutgersChow

I know it’s a pipe dream, but I’m salivating at the mere thought.
This a potentially elite defensive team and elite Rebounding team…..-‘and one that can win four …

As I've said, this would be a national championship level starting 5

Need the MEGA donors to realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and throw a massive bag at Cliff

Mods have said he is gone, but others like RU72 saying otherwise with a 25% chance. Also things change. He could have had zero intention of coming back prior to the season and when he sits down post season and evaluates his options, he decides otherwise

Richie said he doesn't think Cliff fits in next year's team, but I couldn't disagree more. He would be PERFECT. Dylan and Ace both will draw help defense and leave lobs and offensive boards wide open. They are both good passers top along with JWill. He would get soooo many dunks. No more need to rely on Cliff post moves. He can dunk and clean up mosses, protect the rim, and rebound

Is it still true that international players can’t receive NIL money? The NJ rules are implemented next year and I didn’t see any mention about international players being ineligible.
Don't think it's an NIL rule, it's an issue of working on a student visa but I'm no expert on this

again last night Cliff had his man beat if he had drop step in the 2nd half. Left side of the basket the defender was on his left hip, should be an instant drop step. Should be instinctive
Cliff has shown a nice drop step more recently but he only does it on the one baseline where he spins into the off the backboard hook. It's a pre programmed move he is practicing at a specific spot. He can't sense when naturally the drop step is the move to go to

Cliff would have to accept that the offense wouldn't run through him AT ALL but that everything would come from the actions of our top 3. No more back to the basket and everything moving towards the hoop.

I don't see 2 freshmen equaling an elite defense. It could be a very good defense. Elite takes all 5 guys, which is what we're seeing from the PSU game on.

Damn near impossible in this environment to say with any certainty who leaves and who comes back during the season. We heard Paul was a lock to come back from the mods all season, and then he left.

Also there is also no guarantee Jeremiah or Mag come back at this point. The better they play, the more their price tag goes up.

That is a national champ contender starting five and bench, however. You know the powers that be will be doing everything in their power to make it so.

He needs to go pro and spend all of his time working on his craft.

We were lucky to have him the last 4 years. He’s a great human being. But I’ll be slightly disappointed if he’s not in street clothes cheering on his former teammates, marveling at what he helped build here, when he returns to the RAC next tear.

If Clif returns when I would presume Woolf (as opposed to Ogbole now) is gone.

We need 2 extra players to leave just to make the roster limit.
Oskar/Clif was the general assumption.

When/where did they say it was a done deal? I thought they said something along the lines of - he was very unlikely to return. But not that it is a completely forgone conclusion.

Can’t he play an exhibition game overseas to collect NIL?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT