ADVERTISEMENT

Can Anyone Confirm That Brower Is Closing?

Anyone in the know about whether CAC will ever have a dining hall again.

I’d think the longer CAC goes without one, the less likely it is to ever return.

Reactions: SF88

I’d think the longer CAC goes without one, the less likely it is to ever return.
I'd like to know the construction timeline and plans too. I'm sure something will be built and highly doubt they just scrap the plans altogether.

The Atrium (where the old food Bazaar was in the College Ave Student center - where Wendys was, pretty dead empty in recent times) has been converted to a grab and go dining hall. It’s not “all you can eat” but instead you pick a station and get a huge portion in a to-go box, with a side and a drink.

Students today prefer this way over the dining hall. In fact the traffic at the other dining halls is way down as far as sitting down to eat. Todays college students spent their formative years in covid times not going out to eat but getting doordash, eating at home in their rooms. This is what they like, get their food and go home and eat it in their dorm. This is the new way of the world

The Atrium (where the old food Bazaar was in the College Ave Student center - where Wendys was, pretty dead empty in recent times) has been converted to a grab and go dining hall. It’s not “all you can eat” but instead you pick a station and get a huge portion in a to-go box, with a side and a drink.

Students today prefer this way over the dining hall. In fact the traffic at the other dining halls is way down as far as sitting down to eat. Todays college students spent their formative years in covid times not going out to eat but getting doordash, eating at home in their rooms. This is what they like, get their food and go home and eat it in their dorm. This is the new way of the world
While it may be true that some students prefer the grab and go, my son(Freshman HC) and his friends hate it. They often take the bus to other campuses to get dinner, both because there is more variety in the food as well as they prefer to sit at a table somewhere else than their dorm lounge.

Do you have data showing that dining hall traffic is down and students prefer grab and go over eating together in a dining hall or restaurant? I'm interested in reading up on that. Seems odd and sad, as I see different Chipotle's packed at times with high school students right now.

Do you have data showing that dining hall traffic is down and students prefer grab and go over eating together in a dining hall or restaurant? I'm interested in reading up on that. Seems odd and sad, as I see different Chipotle's packed at times with high school students right now.

Definitely not happening at Rutgers Newark, where my son is a freshman.

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT