ADVERTISEMENT

Carli Lloyd ownership

Awesome move for Carli, although I won't be the first to have noted that professional women's sports haven't really made big impacts. At least not yet. Here's wishing Gotham FC has the kind of success that the Barcelona Women's team has had on the pitch and in the stands.

I attended lots of Gotham FC (formerly Sky Blue FC) games when they played at RU as home. Would draw great crowds and the atmosphere was super fun. Was basically Rutgers Pro for a while too. In the last season or two, they moved their home to the huge Red Bull Arena. While I understand somewhat, the area that arena is in is horrible, in an industrial field, not a place families with young kids are easily trekking too, and even “big” crowds for them look horrible in a 25,000 seat stadium, and definitely killed the atmosphere

I have not been to the Harrison stadium, but I thought the area around the stadium was filled with thousands of yuppies in brand new condos and townhouses.

It doesn't say whether she bought 1% of the team for $10,000 or invested millions. Not really sure what we are supposed to do with this information. But if it gives her a project while she focuses on being a wife and future mother, then good on her.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
It doesn't say whether she bought 1% of the team for $10,000 or invested millions. Not really sure what we are supposed to do with this information. But if it gives her a project while she focuses on being a wife and future mother, then good on her.
She will work as a consultant and advisor to boost the teams State, National, and international profile.

I attended lots of Gotham FC (formerly Sky Blue FC) games when they played at RU as home. Would draw great crowds and the atmosphere was super fun. Was basically Rutgers Pro for a while too. In the last season or two, they moved their home to the huge Red Bull Arena. While I understand somewhat, the area that arena is in is horrible, in an industrial field, not a place families with young kids are easily trekking too, and even “big” crowds for them look horrible in a 25,000 seat stadium, and definitely killed the atmosphere
I had same response but did not want to kill the good vibes. Red Bull Arena is so difficult to get in and out by car and too expensive to take train with 4 people.

Was there for Red Bull first game ever and sat in parking deck for 3 hours and did not move.

They rushed the arena build with no infrastructure. Loved games at Yurcak and less expensive.

Reactions: ScarletDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT