ADVERTISEMENT

Carroo

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
I just read a random Top 100 draft board (Chris Burke from SI), and Leonte barely made it onto the list at #95. He came in behind the likes of top WRs like #6 Laquan Treadmill of Ole Miss, #23 Josh Doctson of TCU, #27 Tyler Boyd of Pitt, #30 Sterling Sheppard of Oklahoma, #39 Corey Coleman of Baylor, #42 Michael Thomas of tOSU, #48 Braxton Miller of tOSU, #59 Will Fuller of Notre Dame, #64 Rashard Higgins of CSU, #74 Malcolm Mitchell of UGA, and #84 Pharoh Cooper of USCe.

Now, some of these guys are nice talents, but there are others on here that I sit here and think ... who?

So I ask ... what do you think hurts Carroo's status the most?

The injuries?

The off-the-field stuff?

His lack of overall numbers due to missed time from the above?

His height?

His speed?

It's surely not talent and big game stats. The guy has been completely unstoppable (when he's played). And he's not playing in a run and shoot type offense like the Baylors and TCUs of the world.

Just ... frustrating, that's all.

I wonder how accurate Chris Burke's predictions have been over the past N years. I'm not sure I'd get too frustrated by things like that unless he had demonstrated a very high accuracy.

Reactions: Soccermomager
What do the rest of the boards say he ranks? Also thanks for the correct spelling. It allows us to stay on topic so no one mentions how his name is spelled.

Very true..draft order is sort if irrelevant and WR is one of those positions where some of the best in the game have been drafted late. Last year stefon diggs out of Maryland blew up for the Minnesota Vikings. It's hard to predict performance in the NFL at that position

Reactions: Soccermomager
It's frustrating to me. Not that it truly matters, like others have said. But I try to tell myself that I understand a little on how to judge players and it makes me question what it is exactly that I'm missing about this situation. It's not like I'm showing a Rutgers bias and wondering why Paul James isn't on the list.

Here's a list from NFL.com by Lance Zeirlein of his Top 100. Carroo isn't on there at all, but Hunter Sharp of Utah State and Tajae Sharpe of UMass are: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625061/article/top-100-prospects-for-2016-nfl-draft

Again, this guy's opinion is really no different from mine or yours other than he probably has some more time throughout his day to look at film than I do. There are other lists that I've seen listing Carroo as a top 75 player.

Relax Phil, some team will get one of the steals of the draft with the selection of Caroo, probably 3rd round.
Based on what I have read from other "experts" Carroo has two perceived negatives, 1. Has some trouble off of the line of scrimmage(due to size), and 2. The off field stuff Now, the first one is something he can overcome with strength and quickness. But, the second is a concern only because of his second, third round status. First round kid would not be such a big issue(at least with what Carroo was actually graded for). Teams are scared, when so much money is involved.
But, on the plus side many are predicting him to be a starter by his second year in the league. Great hands, speed and route running.

Relax Phil, some team will get one of the steals of the draft with the selection of Caroo, probably 3rd round.
Based on what I have read from other "experts" Carroo has two perceived negatives, 1. Has some trouble off of the line of scrimmage(due to size), and 2. The off field stuff Now, the first one is something he can overcome with strength and quickness. But, the second is a concern only because of his second, third round status. First round kid would not be such a big issue(at least with what Carroo was actually graded for). Teams are scared, when so much money is involved.
But, on the plus side many are predicting him to be a starter by his second year in the league. Great hands, speed and route running.
I almost think the opposite. I think the amount of attention first round picks get would make someone hesitant to take him that early (even if his talents dictated he was worthy). Unfortunately for Leonte, with the NFL draft having only one round the first day, the local news media wherever he is drafted will focus on him a lot. I still think most teams don't want to have the lead story on their new player be 'he was arrested for domestic violence' even if the details of the case are more nuanced than that. As a 2nd or 3rd round guy, you don't get the same focus and get lost with the rest of the draft picks...so it is easier to take him later where he is just another guy and you won't get quite the same label from Day One.

I wonder how many of those guys had the NFL Network something like this!

I'm betting Carroo is a better football player than most of those guys ahead of him and will end up having a better career than most of them.
Jose Reyes was an amazing talent but I'd take Alan Trammel all day...Carroo is Alan Trammell.
I'm betting the same. I wish we would have gotten Tajae Sharpe (Piscataway, UMASS) who Schiano did not recruit enough. Sharpe killed it at the combine and all star practices. He is going to be an excellent NFL player and would have been a solid addition to our WRs.

He makes plays out of bad throws. I think that's how he got hurt this past season with one of Laviano's under thrown balls. Had RU had a better year, he would be getting more attention along with the time lost on the field.

I understand this years draft is expected to be defense heavy in the early rounds so 3rd round isn't that bad a spot.

I've seen Carroo ranked everywhere from the 6th best WR to not even in the top 20.

He won't get past Belicheck in the third round.

I disagree. He won't get past Belichick in the 2nd round. The Patriots have the 60th and 61st picks in the draft, and one of them will be Carroo, if he hasn't been selected all ready.

I'm betting Carroo is a better football player than most of those guys ahead of him and will end up having a better career than most of them.
Jose Reyes was an amazing talent but I'd take Alan Trammel all day...Carroo is Alan Trammell.

Don't say this about a lot of players, but if I was a betting man I would go all in on Carroo - high character guy who may not have elite 'measurables', but pro sports are littered with guys without that. I think he definitely has enough, and I would actually be surprised if Carroo does not have a successful to very successful career in the NFL.

I disagree. He won't get past Belichick in the 2nd round. The Patriots have the 60th and 61st picks in the draft, and one of them will be Carroo, if he hasn't been selected all ready.

If he gets picked in the second round, my statement is still correct so how can you disagree with me? Someone needs to brush up on their reading comprehension skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT