ADVERTISEMENT

Carter and Harris not in the baseball lineup again

80RU

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
Carter and Harris not in the baseball lineup again. When they did not play on Wednesday I assumed it was to give them a rest. I hope there is nothing wrong.

No clue but only 1 hit through 3 innings and on the wrong side of a 2-0 score right now.

2-1 RU trails bottom 7th. Need to win w our ACE Brey pitching. Sucks about Carter and Harris not playing, 2 good bats.

Ugh walk to start the 8th inning that a foul out on a bunt attempt and a foul out. Runner sitting on 1st, steals 2nd and...our 3rd pop-out of the inning!

Woo hooooo.....w 2 outs in bottom 9th, Chad Campbell comes thru w a 2 run hit to WIN THE GAME !

Reactions: RUfanEst89
Nice way to start the series. That's 'cause I stayed away from Gametracker!

Trying to round up some fellow RU tailgaters to go tomorrow to watch. 1 pm w a good weather forecast. Sunday could be rain.

I discontinued my BTN plus after wrestling season , but may extend another 30 days . Following on Game Tracker not bad however. Anyone else here going tomorrow ? Can you still park in the outfield and tailgate or is the construction preventing that now?

Trying to round up some fellow RU tailgaters to go tomorrow to watch. 1 pm w a good weather forecast. Sunday could be rain.

I discontinued my BTN plus after wrestling season , but may extend another 30 days . Following on Game Tracker not bad however. Anyone else here going tomorrow ? Can you still park in the outfield and tailgate or is the construction preventing that now?
Construction preventing, so you have to park at the RAC. Wish I could go tomorrow.

Reactions: Abro1975
2-1 RU trails bottom 7th. Need to win w our ACE Brey pitching. Sucks about Carter and Harris not playing, 2 good bats.
I went to the last couple of innings of the game on my way home from work. Campbell hit a slow roller to third base with two out and runners on first and second. The third baseman tried to bare hand and threw widely to first and both runners scored with a close play at the plate. Both runs unearned.

Carter and Suceck (sp?) both have minor injuries and are day to day. Harris is not injured. And he is not in trouble. But it is possible that he will not be back on the diamond if the rumor I hear is true, which I guess would be good news for those football fans who do not care about non-revenue sports.

It is interesting that before the Villanova game the team had not won while being behind from the sixth inning on. With the depleted lineup, they have won the last two games in their last at bat. That is not to say I'm happy that they are without three of their top four hitters.

I went to the last couple of innings of the game on my way home from work. Campbell hit a slow roller to third base with two out and runners on first and second. The third baseman tried to bare hand and threw widely to first and both runners scored with a close play at the plate. Both runs unearned.

Carter and Suceck (sp?) both have minor injuries and are day to day. Harris is not injured. And he is not in trouble. But it is possible that he will not be back on the diamond if the rumor I hear is true, which I guess would be good news for those football fans who do not care about non-revenue sports.

Wow ! That's some inside news !

We beat Villanova with 5 major players not playing. We didn't have Carter, Susick, Harris, Devish or Rosa. I wondered why as we had about 4 0r 5 guys that played that were batting under .200. Today I arrived in inning #3 and saw no Harris or Carter again. Rosa and Devish did play and I found out that Susick played but was replaced by Campell. At least now hearing that Carter has a minor injury explains why he didn't play. Harris I was still wondering about. I hope he does return as he is one of our better hitters and he steals a lot of bases. I hope to catch both games tomorrow.

Was really hoping he would be able to do both. Guess I have to wait and see.

Great win. RJ Devish scored the winner from first. As I posted earlier RU is very aggressive on the base paths. Devish is their best base runner. Very good speed, great instincts, very aggressive. The throw had him beat. The catcher took it a bit up the 1st base side. Devish dove to the outside of the plate & got his hand in under the catcher reaching back. A good base runner will often beat the tag. Devish did it here. Don't like diving into the plate. Prefer a hook slide to the outside in this instance, but no one knows how to hook anymore. Devish got it done with the dive. Go RU.

Reactions: Abro1975

Could be that there is a severe lack of speed and our WR corps is in dire need. Besides Grant no one could get much separation on a consistent basis. With Chris Parker going down with what seems to be an injury that will keep him out till mid Sept. that need just multiplied. Also his scholarship is tied to football and he needs to learn the new offense. To go right from baseball to football with no prior training would just set him back too much. That is unless he's the next Bo Jackson.

Could be that there is a severe lack of speed and our WR corps is in dire need. Besides Grant no one could get much separation on a consistent basis. With Chris Parker going down with what seems to be an injury that will keep him out till mid Sept. that need just multiplied. Also his scholarship is tied to football and he needs to learn the new offense. To go right from baseball to football with no prior training would just set him back too much. That is unless he's the next Bo Jackson.

Yeah , but next organized Football practices aren't until early August, over 3 months away, and our Baseball team is entering the home stretch to make the Big 10 Tourrney. Strange timing.

Yeah, but next organized Football practices aren't until early August, over 3 months away, and our Baseball team is entering the home stretch to make the Big 10 Tourrney. Strange timing.
This is why if true it doesn't makes sense.

Unless there is concern with his base stealing prowess he could get himself banged up enough down the stretch in baseball that would have him not ready for FB in July?

Weird. Ash had no problem with him playing but is going to take him away for the last 4 B1G series and (hopefully) B1G tourney? We're 3rd in the nation in stolen bases, 34 more than any other B1G team, and Harris #4 nationally (#1 in B1G) with 30 swipes. That could be a HUGE loss the rest of the season.

Was he in the dugout?

Not in the dugout yesterday. I did see Carter, so maybe this is true.

Weird. Ash had no problem with him playing but is going to take him away for the last 4 B1G series and (hopefully) B1G tourney? We're 3rd in the nation in stolen bases, 34 more than any other B1G team, and Harris #4 nationally (#1 in B1G) with 30 swipes. That could be a HUGE loss the rest of the season.

Was he in the dugout?
Agree with you NUTS.

Was he in the dugout?
Having no problem with him playing and letting him play are two different things. He was not in the dugout.

While an indefinite suspension is certainly not good, this makes more sense than Ash pulling the plug on his baseball career at this point in the season.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Pitchers duel so far (man could we use Harris today) Bottom 4th, 0-0, 3 total hits.

I doubt classroom issues. What do a lot of athletes at many schools get suspended for?
Pot ???? :pimp:

Disclaimer: Note the question marks, I am in no way stating Juwan Harris smoked weed. For the truly anal it was merely a question to the poster's question.

Last edited:
I doubt classroom issues. What do a lot of athletes at many schools get suspended for?

Sometimes classroom, sometimes drugs, I'm not making any crazy assumptions until here otherwise but you've got to be an idiot - and I'd say this about ANY scholarship athlete - to smoke (if this was the case) DURING the season. Weed stays in your fat cells too long to take a chance when there is random testing.

Yikes 4-0, 2 on 1 out, top 3rd already. I'm thinking The Huskers didn't take too kindly to our, let's say, just maybe slightly over-the-top celebration last night.

We have one ACE, Brey, 1 average starter in O'Reilly, and not sure what else after that.

Guy's got a no-hitter through 4. They take 2 of 3 and we've got to take 2 of 3 @ Michigan and then do the same @ Maryland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT