ADVERTISEMENT

Cayman Island Classic - 2024 Possibly Rutgers But Not Confirmed Don’t Buy Tickets Yet

Definitely not confirmed that we're actually taking part yet (despite the link above)

I'm just saying, don't buy tickets yet lol. Local beat writers are saying it's not a sure thing we end up doing this (it's only a few days before the Vegas tourney).

Reactions: MadRU
Is this list of teams serious?

I don't pay much attention to the participants in these tournaments but don't they normally include multiple Power Conference teams?

It looks like just us and Miss St (who we played last year)?
Is this really the type of tournament people kept saying would raise our OOC profile?

8 Amazing NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball teams converge on the Shores of Grand Cayman to compete for the coveted Cayman Islands Classic Title.

1. TBD ia an amazing program
2. Next year...we can lose to SHU, lose in B1G tournament on Wednesday, but if we can take down the Cayman Island Classic I'll call it a successful year

Is this list of teams serious?

I don't pay much attention to the participants in these tournaments but don't they normally include multiple Power Conference teams?

It looks like just us and Miss St (who we played last year)?
Is this really the type of tournament people kept saying would raise our OOC profile?
Boise was a tournament team and Missouri is a high major who had made it a few years In a row prior to this year

Duquesne also won a game in tournament this year it’s a decent field

Boise was a tournament team and Missouri is a high major who had made it a few years In a row prior to this year

Duquesne also won a game in tournament this year it’s a decent field

Someone above said it’s Missouri State and not Missouri?

Given Pike’s historical reluctance to play tournaments and the roster turnover, I’ve reset my expectIons for next year‘s schedule until/unless Pike beings in a couple of true talents from the portal.

Went to Grand Cayman on my honeymoon ten years ago and absolutely loved it. This would be a great excuse to go back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT