ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Coach Rankings for P5

I think I'll make a list too. Where should I put it? "Historically difficult to win" Guess that guy just started following college football last year. Probably was an old ESPN NBA analyst that had to be let go from budget cuts.

Reactions: ruready07
Ash hasnt coached a game at head coach. Anyone surprised and bent out of shape about the current ranking is crazy. I'm sure next year well see him middle of the pack... then up and up.

The only reason Ash is that low is that he was never a head coach and RU'S past few years have brought him down a little

Reactions: Scangg and MV9000
It's ok, actually. At least, two-thirds of the way through the season, he won't be on one of those "Which Coach is On the Hot Seat?" lists.

LOL at Lovie Smith at #49, 15 spots ahead of Ash.
This says something about how much coaching skills compared to the program coach is at means to these rankings
52. Gary Andersen, Oregon State (38): Andersen drops 14 spots after leaving Wisconsin to take on a tough task in Corvallis. Pure speculation on my part, but had he remained at Wisconsin, he might be creeping up on the top 25 right now.

Number 1a Saban, 1b Myer... then everyone else. You can identify the elite guys then the rest is completely subjective.

About Ash, how do you rank someone who has never coached a game as a HC? I am happy he is our HC, but let's get through a season before we place him on a list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT