ADVERTISEMENT

CFP- Michigan, Washington, Texas Alabama

Brady Quinn with good explanations
FSU had weaker schedule with less top teams (other teams had 3 wins vs top 25) and FSU QB is gone

Reactions: redking
You need good qb through the air to beat Bama. McCarthy has been pretty good with almost 75% and only 4 picks, 75% and no picks in the game and I expect Mich wins. The little I have seen of the Bama qb is he can make mistakes and is a dangerous runner, so I would spy or stack the box.

I think it sucks that Corrigan is an acc guy and could not get you guys in. Nice win last night with your 3rd qb. Defense played lights out.
Thanks bud, yeah, defense is solid. I’m just really hoping that most if not all the guys play vs Georgia in the Orangeville. That would be a good way to honor Travis and I think we can compete with Georgia if we have a month off and Tate is back.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I think it's pretty disrespectful to single out Jordan Travis' injury as the primary reason they didn't get it. The CFB needs to remove that language from the criteria. There are 21 other players on the field. One injury shouldn't invalidate an entire season.

When you have top teams so closely ranked you start splitting hairs to triage teams in/out.
I'm sure some didn't like RU getting its last bowl game based on academic rank but that's what happens

I think it's pretty disrespectful to single out Jordan Travis' injury as the primary reason they didn't get it. The CFB needs to remove that language from the criteria. There are 21 other players on the field. One injury shouldn't invalidate an entire season.
See; 2023 Mawot Mag..
Create excuses to justify the Snub.

I also think FSU got screwed. Alabama should have been left out based on their loss at home to Texas. That may be too simple a way to look at it but FSU won every game they played and their schedule was representative enough especially with beating LSU OOC.

I also think FSU got screwed. Alabama should have been left out based on their loss at home to Texas. That may be too simple a way to look at it but FSU won every game they played and their schedule was representative enough especially with beating LSU OOC.
Neon Deion Sanders fatigue is real…

You need good qb through the air to beat Bama. McCarthy has been pretty good with almost 75% and only 4 picks, 75% and no picks in the game and I expect Mich wins. The little I have seen of the Bama qb is he can make mistakes and is a dangerous runner, so I would spy or stack the box.
McCarthy hasn't looked as good towards the back end of the season. I'll be impressed if Michigan can run it on Alabama's defense. I wouldn't expect it myself and I think it will come to McCarthy making just enough plays passing or with his legs.

Also Galloway said it on ESPN, Michigan hasn't seen a player like Milroe in the B10. I agree with that. He does make mistakes (which is what I think Michigan needs to happen) but he's dangerous in making plays of on the fly and with his legs. He can throw a nice deep ball too a fair amount of the time but not always. Auburn and UGA used a spy on him, I'd think Michigan might as well.

Reactions: Pils86
Not really. Committee will only look bad if FSU beats UG. The line opened at 13.5.
Is anyone on UGA sitting out? Are they motivated as a 2 time national champ that's not in the playoffs. I don't know if anyone is sitting out for FSU but I know they definitely will be motivated. TCU blew the doors off Ole Miss when they missed the playoffs in 2014 and OSU got in.

Damn, really wanted to see the SEC locked out.

FSU got screwed.
Yes and no. FSU was down to their 3rd QB yesterday and looked terrible and the committee takes injuries into account. I don't care for Saban and Alabama AT ALL but FSU - right now - is not one of the 4 best teams in the country - not even close with their depleted QB situation

Texas beats Washington and wins the National Championship because they have already defeated Alabama.
I'm rooting for Washington to win it all but Texas will be formidable. Not sure if UW can run it on them like they did against Oregon (who was a good defense). Sweat is a massive human in the middle. If they can protect Penix, I think with their 3 WRs they can throw it on them though.

Looks like they could be a decent size underdog and that gave them tons of motivation against Oregon. I hope it does here too against Texas.

Reactions: fsg2
McCarthy hasn't looked as good towards the back end of the season. I'll be impressed if Michigan can run it on Alabama's defense. I wouldn't expect it myself and I think it will come to McCarthy making just enough plays passing or with his legs.

Also Galloway said it on ESPN, Michigan hasn't seen a player like Milroe in the B10. I agree with that. He does make mistakes (which is what I think Michigan needs to happen) but he's dangerous in making plays of on the fly and with his legs. He can throw a nice deep ball too a fair amount of the time but not always. Auburn and UGA used a spy on him, I'd think Michigan might as well.
Agree. That Milroe keeps getting better and better each game and has some wheels - something that doesn't exist with the top B1G teams

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Washington played Texas in the Alamo Bowl last year, I didn't remember that. They won 27-20. I don't know who played and who didn't for either team.

Alabama will be beat Michigan and I doubt it will be close......Michigan , IMO, is overrated . They have a fine defense but their offense is mediocre.

Reactions: shields
Alabama will be beat Michigan and I doubt it will be close......Michigan , IMO, is overrated . They have a fine defense but their offense is mediocre.
I won't say it won't be close but if there's going to be a blowout that's the direction I'd go. Auburn used some motion and misdirection to run on Alabama and was successful but I don't know that Michigan runs like that, say like a Kansas. They ran Thorne a little as well and McCarthy is capable of that.

If they're going to try and straight up just try to bully Alabama, I have hard time seeing that.

I think they will need some big plays off TOs or STs like they did on Iowa and other games. Milroe is capable of making mistakes so I won't rule out plays like that happening.

Texas is going to get destroyed by UW. They only beat Bama because it was game 2. Texas needed to be gifted a win by the refs against Houston, had to go to overtime against KSU, nearly lost to a bad TCU, then lost to OK.

Texas is going to get destroyed by UW. They only beat Bama because it was game 2. Texas needed to be gifted a win by the refs against Houston, had to go to overtime against KSU, nearly lost to a bad TCU, then lost to OK.
I'm rooting for Washington but Texas has been impressive these last couple weeks. They did have some games where they started out fast and tapered off and then were close calls.

Washington was great early in the season but they too had some close games playing up and down the competition in the back half of the year. They needed a gutsy but brilliant 4th down call to get the game winning FG at the end of regulation against WSU in the Apple Cup.

It's that up and down play of Washington as opposed to the tear Oregon was on that had many thinking Oregon would win the rematch. Washington was very motivated though being looked down on like that. They were quite physical in that rematch. I hope that's the case against Texas too where they get some similar motivation.

I'm not sure if they can run it on Texas the way they did against Oregon. Sweat is massive and fairly athletic for his size. If they can give Penix protection though, I think they can throw it on them especially with all 3 wideouts healthy but we'll see.

Reactions: Joey Bags
I had:
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Georgia

Texass beat Alabama in week 2 but barely escaped in 2-3 games. Plus QB Milroe is SOOO much better now that he has games under his belt.
I find it hard to believe Georgia fell so far. I agree FSU realizes their ACC life is coming to a rapid close.
Congratulations on your bowl bid! Rutgers earned it!

Honestly I think the committee got it close to correct. I think UGA should’ve been in over UMich or UWash. If I was choosing it would be:

1. Bama
2. UGA
3. Texass
4. UMich

I had UWash at 4 going into Saturday night but UMich pitching a shutout let them barely sneak in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT