ADVERTISEMENT

Chol first to portal

If we can get an upgrade from Oscar, I’m all for it, but with all things being equal, he would be a great last guy on the bench. Knows the system, perfect teammate, can hit a three in a close situation, and will provide some veteran leadership.
I can live with him being back, but he should not be a lock. If we can do better, go get someone better in the portal. Maybe JMike drops back to 13th man because we add 4-5 quality players in the portal, who knows. The roster was awful this year and we need as little of it as possible to return next season. Obviously, some will return but I for one am shedding zero tears about any of them entering the portal and leaving. We complained about the offense and shooting all season, brining back as little as possible from that team is common sense. I am hoping we only bring back maybe 3 or 4 of them.

We need Big E he has lots of potential I hope he stays and gets coached up

I can live with him being back, but he should not be a lock. If we can do better, go get someone better in the portal. Maybe JMike drops back to 13th man because we add 4-5 quality players in the portal, who knows. The roster was awful this year and we need as little of it as possible to return next season. Obviously, some will return but I for one am shedding zero tears about any of them entering the portal and leaving. We complained about the offense and shooting all season, brining back as little as possible from that team is common sense. I am hoping we only bring back maybe 3 or 4 of them.
Rutgers offensive stats were abysmal which should mean most of the eligible players don't return.Rutgers is in dire need for shooters to complement the scoring from Bailey and Harper.What Rutgers doesn't need is transfers that are no better than practice players.

We need Big E he has lots of potential I hope he stays and gets coached up
The thing to remember about Ogbole is that he was injured and didn't get the off season and pre season to develop

Give him another year as the 3rd string 5 and see what happens. If he doesn't develop, move on next year

Reactions: shields
The thing to remember about Ogbole is that he was injured and didn't get the off season and pre season to develop

Give him another year as the 3rd string 5 and see what happens. If he doesn't develop, move on next year
I'd love to role with Ogbole, Lathan and a starting caliber transfer 5. I think there's something there with Ogbole.

Reactions: Scangg

He’s already got some awareness and a mean streak, he seems to get into position to rebound and defend.
He has no hands or offensive game, most of which is innate…imo

Reactions: runrutgersrun
He’s already got some awareness and a mean streak, he seems to get into position to rebound and defend.
He has no hands or offensive game, most of which is innate…imo
I give a super raw big man a bit of a pass moving up to top level college ball when he missed the off and pre season

He is so big strong and athletic he doesn't have to develop THAT much skill to be a contributor

I think he's worth another season as a 3rd string 5. The risk reward at that role is great. If he doesn't develop, move on. It's almost no risk. Of he does develop, he can at least be a backup 5

Reactions: Rufaninga
He is right about the fact that hearing Pike speak in public is basically just lip service that cannot be trusted.
What do you want him to say? Maybe he should have said… Chol not going to contribute much this year and probably should transfer. When Pike talks to the media he’s talking to his players too. He wants them to be confident so he highlights their strengths.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT