ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi appreciation thread

Im already trying to prepare myself for when he leaves.. We're gonna be spoiled by his talent- while we have him. But by the end of his Soph yr - he could be good enough to head to the league

B1G Cliff showing why he was such a highly coveted talent. Pike and staff with a huge win on the recruiting trail and Cliff delivering in his debut.

Kid is so easy to route for as he plays hard and seems very willing to be coached and not a me first guy. If you follow him on Instagram he has a great personality too with a huge smile joking around with his teammates having a blast.

Thank you for choosing Rutgers Cliff!
You will be a LEGEND on the banks

We all should be so thankful that Cliff chose RU when many others did not. I saw him play about 8 or 9 times while he was at Roselle Catholic. I said all along that he could sky and might be able to touch the top of the backboard. I think he will get even better working with our staff and going against Myles. He must continue to improve and hopefully can hold his own against the centers in the BIG 10. Those guys are really good and have experience.

I saw one play last night (dunk from the logo), and that was plenty.

:WooHoo:

Let's not forget that we were playing the second best team from Fairfield, CT. He's going to be great but has to show it against talented teams.

While watching last night’s game it was obvious that this kid is the real deal and the highest-impact recruit we’ve had in a LONG time. Even as a freshman, Cliff could be the difference between simply making it to the tournament and a deep run. So excited that he’s a Scarlet Knight!
Tremendous physical gifts of speed, athleticism and the ability to protect. Others have mentioned this but I can’t remember us having two like Myles and Cliff in the same lineup. What a problem for Pike .

Reactions: RUB1GTime
A lot to like with Cliff. He’s big and plays BIGGER. Has outstanding foot movement for a guy his size, and really owns those boards. His monster talent and jams are made for TV and big crowds (which will have to wait til next season, unfortunately). He has a nice stroke from the line and will have plenty of FT opportunities. He will have many double-doubles as well. Looks like an awesome teammate with a great attitude.

just giving my opinion. Kids a great player. Just wanna see him play vs the big boys to get a truer sense how great he will be.
He will and it will be an interesting time learning and adjusting to this level. From what we saw last night should give us all a sense of what is possible. Geo , Harper and the team will help his maturity and confidence. Keep Cliff excited but not to high nor low. The kid is a diamond in the rough on our campus.

Cliff has a high level work ethic, which allows such a talented player to fit into the team concept. While that is a great assumption that star recruiting targets have high caliber work ethic, it's not in place with most recruits.

With the practice facility and the amount of improvement from this time last year, I don't see anyway he's here beyond 2 years. Not because I believe it would be the best decision, it depends on draft status down the road. It is just hard to imagine his defense not translating instantly to the NBA.

He benefits from surrounding players that are really happy to share the game, some really nice passes. Ran the court well, showed good hands and athleticism. Glad we signed him from my alma mater.

Question about Reiber? The boys were happy for him at the end of the game but it all most seemed like Reiber was like; I told you guys I could play? I don’t care who we were playing against; he actually looks like he can contribute and that’s another 6-10 player on the court. Am I being overly enthusiastic or do you guys think we found another player?

Reactions: satnom and Scangg
Question about Reiber? The boys were happy for him at the end of the game but it all most seemed like Reiber was like; I told you guys I could play? I don’t care who we were playing against; he actually looks like he can contribute and that’s another 6-10 player on the court. Am I being overly enthusiastic or do you guys think we found another player?
He's clearly more skilled with a higher bball IQ than Doucoure already. If we need a bigger lineup with more of a real big man at the 4 I think Reiber needs to be considered for that role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT