ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi

Yeah I know, guess I was just asking like, does he live in Jersey, did he talk to someone involved in the recruitment, or is he just reading tea leaves like us fans and predicting based on that. Hopefully he has some inside info.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do not have any details on his background. I am not sure what type of credentials you need to submit expert picks, i would assume some for of track record and or association with a Rivals/247 or other recruiting service. Could be wrong.

Stop what? That post is from last Thursday and my last post on this subject was Sunday. It is now Wednesday. Are you trying to antagonize me? Lol

Who cares WHEN the post was from lol? Just "stop" with the "recruits read blah blah blah"....maybe Cliff thinks the same about Eugene? Ever think of that? Every message board in America has the same kind of stuff and they always have. Anyway, have a good one buddy!

Who cares WHEN the post was from lol? Just "stop" with the "recruits read blah blah blah"....maybe Cliff thinks the same about Eugene? Ever think of that? Every message board in America has the same kind of stuff and they always have. Anyway, have a good one buddy!

I guarantee your company has a team of folks who, as a primary function, scour social media for negative comments, negative reviews, disgruntled employee postings, etc. If negative comments posted on social media do not matter are they wasting their money?

I guarantee your company has a team of folks who, as a primary function, scour social media for negative comments, negative reviews, disgruntled employee postings, etc. If negative comments posted on social media do not matter are they wasting their money?

Yeah, so what? This is a public message board, not a company board, talking about collegiate sports. There IS a difference my friend. I'm not saying there should be uncalled for, incessant bashing of kids - never have, never will - but facts are facts and what Eugene did (see: the WAY he did it) was pretty scummy so it's going to be discussed, like it or not, here.

Reactions: jessiejames2
Yeah, so what? This is a public message board, not a company board, talking about collegiate sports. There IS a difference my friend. I'm not saying there should be uncalled for, incessant bashing of kids - never have, never will - but facts are facts and what Eugene did (see: the WAY he did it) was pretty scummy so it's going to be discussed, like it or not, here.

Folks have a right to post whatever they want within the board rules. I am simply contesting the idea that those types of posts have no impact on kids' opinions of Rutgers. It clearly does. Just as a bad Yelp review about a restaurant has impact or a negative company review on Glass Door has impact. As I wrote, anyone can post what they want, just don't be naive and contend those types of posts have no impact.

Yes but it was done with and you come back after everything was nice and quiet and stirred it back up. Others felt like I did. I was not the only one and was having a conversation with others about the topic, and no one bashed anyone else during the conversations.

That’s why this is called a message board. If you don’t like it skip my post or give good reasons why you feel the way you do. It is not up to you when to tell someone to stop chatting about a topic in a thread. It is a free board and I, along with you, am able to express my opinions freely.

This is the third time you have done this to me and that is why I called you out on it. You like stirring the pot after everything is calm, so am making it known. Thank you, I just had a beer and am having a good one. lol

N'Faly Dante is a Top 15 player in the Class of 2020, who is on an official visit to Kentucky this weekend.....he plays Center and is 6'11, defensive player with upside

The player is rumored on the Kentucky message boards to be reclassifying back to 2019, which was one of the goals that I believe Kentucky had in mind for whatever big man they were targeting beyond getting Virginia Tech grad transfer Kerry Blackshear.

Kentucky was thought to be the favorite for Blackshear, but then again, because they're Kentucky, they believe they're getting anyone they start to recruit.

I don't think this impacts Cliff Omoyuri, but it is a higher ranked recruit and he would probably be the 4th PF/C on their roster. Kentucky was with 3 as of now.

I'm sure Nick Richards and their other bigs have plans to move on after this season but one other big landed by Kentucky, cannot hurt. Kentucky is also recruiting Makur Maker, who is also in the Top 15 overall for 2020 bigs.

I have heard sincere rumblings that Cliff Omoyuri and his recruitment is likely to follow the path of what most Top 50 to 75 players at his level, usually entails. And that presents some obvious hurdles for schools that are not in that realm of recruiting.

Cliff adding recent offers like Arizona, Maryland, South Carolina, Pitt among others, shouldn't give anyone the warm and fuzzies. But there are times where it just bears watching on where players ultimately do land.

I would expect Dante and Maker to commit to Kentucky, which may explain a recent crystal ball pick for RU by a national writer
.Dante probably commits in the next 48 hours and Maker later this year.

Let's see how Cliff Omoyuri and his recruitment progresses, but dominoes falling elsewhere will likely determine how long RU hangs around in this race.

I enjoyed breaking the news to the BBN Wednesday afternoon. They took it well. Tennessee fans not so much

I enjoyed breaking the news to the BBN Wednesday afternoon. They took it well. Tennessee fans not so much

It was originally thought to be Florida as soon as Blackshear announced he was going to transfer, but then once Kentucky and Tennessee along with Arkansas got visits scheduled, things got vary complicated.

I don't know how Kentucky recruits once you start getting compared to UNC, Kansas and Duke, but RU is at least in the running here, which is a huge step forward for the staff and program. I don't think it can be understated enough that even if Kentucky lands other kids for their frontcourt and they don't land Cliff, it doesn't automatically mean RU becomes any sort of favorite. Tons of schools involved here, make this appear like a marathon vs a sprint.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
It was originally thought to be Florida as soon as Blackshear announced he was going to transfer, but then once Kentucky and Tennessee along with Arkansas got visits scheduled, things got vary complicated.

I don't know how Kentucky recruits once you start getting compared to UNC, Kansas and Duke, but RU is at least in the running here, which is a huge step forward for the staff and program. I don't think it can be understated enough that even if Kentucky lands other kids for their frontcourt and they don't land Cliff, it doesn't automatically mean RU becomes any sort of favorite. Tons of schools involved here, make this appear like a marathon vs a sprint.
It really didn't. I made my Blackshear-to-UF prediction on the UF board on June 7 and never waverd. Wrote my commitment story on Saturday June 22.

I did have to talk UF some fans off a ledge a few times though.

N'Faly Dante is a Top 15 player in the Class of 2020, who is on an official visit to Kentucky this weekend.....he plays Center and is 6'11, defensive player with upside

The player is rumored on the Kentucky message boards to be reclassifying back to 2019, which was one of the goals that I believe Kentucky had in mind for whatever big man they were targeting beyond getting Virginia Tech grad transfer Kerry Blackshear.

Kentucky was thought to be the favorite for Blackshear, but then again, because they're Kentucky, they believe they're getting anyone they start to recruit.

I don't think this impacts Cliff Omoyuri, but it is a higher ranked recruit and he would probably be the 4th PF/C on their roster. Kentucky was with 3 as of now.

I'm sure Nick Richards and their other bigs have plans to move on after this season but one other big landed by Kentucky, cannot hurt. Kentucky is also recruiting Makur Maker, who is also in the Top 15 overall for 2020 bigs.

I have heard sincere rumblings that Cliff Omoyuri and his recruitment is likely to follow the path of what most Top 50 to 75 players at his level, usually entails. And that presents some obvious hurdles for schools that are not in that realm of recruiting.

Cliff adding recent offers like Arizona, Maryland, South Carolina, Pitt among others, shouldn't give anyone the warm and fuzzies. But there are times where it just bears watching on where players ultimately do land.

I would expect Dante and Maker to commit to Kentucky, which may explain a recent crystal ball pick for RU by a national writer
.Dante probably commits in the next 48 hours and Maker later this year.

Let's see how Cliff Omoyuri and his recruitment progresses, but dominoes falling elsewhere will likely determine how long RU hangs around in this race.

Feels like setting up an excuse for not landing him.

We shouldn’t be recruiting him to start if that’s the case. Anyway I don’t believe this theory because then I’d have to believe our staff is naive. I don’t believe the staff is in over their heads like this could suggest.

Feels like setting up an excuse for not landing him.

We shouldn’t be recruiting him to start if that’s the case. Anyway I don’t believe this theory because then I’d have to believe our staff is naive. I don’t believe the staff is in over their heads like this could suggest.

Things change in recruiting all the time....i don't know what's fsctual vs rumored and the "process" doesn't have a user guide...there are kids with needs that are very upfront about that from the beginning and others that decide at any point in the process that it will take something additional.

Whether RU should presenr their options for their program without stooping to the levels that most Top 100 recruits require, is debatable. There are instances where a handler absolutely knows they're probably going to go the route of taking the best offer. But it doesn't mean they're willing to communicate that to all of the schools and coaches recruiting the prospect.

It is not an excuse and RU should recruit anyone that has expressed an legitimate interest in the program. There are instances where a player was rumored to require extras to attend or pick a school, but families are prideful in some cases and very reluctant to also decide to stoop to that level.

It's in some ways similar to fraud....no one admits to doing it, because the likelihood of getting caught is very low, dependent on the circumstances. Or similar to a law enforcement officer looking the other way, while another officer does something illegial once or twice.

The coaching fraternity and CBB in a lot of aspects is broken and there are coaches that recruits and handlers absolutely know, that they would never even approach certain coaches or program regarding "anything".

It's almost kinda of an insult to that coach or program, because some are actually good enough and have programs that are equal or better, without having to do anything else.

I don't personally believe Cliff Omoyuri or any one recruit is a game changer at this stage of the rebuild. We are just looking to have a roster of another batch of complete players like the last 2 classes have provided. Any of the 12 to 14 bigs offered will provide RU what's needed to add what the roster doesn't have now.....which is mobility, ability to catch lobs and block or alter shots defensively.

It's also hard to find fault for RU being involved in a high 4 star or 5 star player. The fact that RU has been recruiting Cliff for over a year before he became a legit 4 or 5 star player and also recruited Josh Hall out of North Carolina when he was a 3 star kid 6 months ago and is now "re-ranked", as a 5 star kid, shows they have an ability to scout. A lot of our targets have upside, I think RU will be fine either way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT