ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches poll - #17

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
That's a pleasant surprise. In addition to passing Texas, Georgia and Nebraska, the team jumped Stanford and - I'm a bit shocked - Princeton.

Top 5: 1. Connecticut (up 1, all 32 1st place votes, up 26 votes), 2. South Carolina (down 1, 0 1st place votes, down 26), 3. Baylor (same), 4. Notre Dame (same), 5. Maryland (same).

Big Ten: 5. Maryland (same), 13. Iowa (up 4), 20. Nebraska (down 2), also receiving votes: Northwestern (t31, same as last week, 10 points, up 5 points)

Other RU opponents: 6. Tennessee (same), 14. North Carolina (down 3), also receiving votes: LSU (t34, down 3, 8 points, up 3)

Amazingly, Texas is still in the poll, at 23. I think the Georgia loss may have helped them, strangely. South Florida joins the poll at 25th.
This post was edited on 2/10 4:45 PM by BeKnighted

Big jump up

Definitely a surprise. What I find most interesting (and satisfying) is that, even as we climb back up the rankings, only 1 loss (OSU) is to a team ranked below us. Let's hope that we can keep beating the teams below us and perhaps, with a little luck, one of the teams ahead of us.
wink.r191677.gif

I think Princeton has gotten all the love they are going to get from the voters in the poll.

Looking at their W/L record one would think they belong at #2 or 3

Not going to happen, weak completion will keep them out of the top 10, and there is little justification for a higher ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT