RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
St John's-Pitino to say yes or no
Iona-Kimani Young
Temple-Matt Langel in the early lead
Georgetown-Shrewsberry or Brey
ND-They have spoken with Painter and Shrewberry's agent.
NJIT-Brett Maconnell would be an ideal choice. He is ready.
Colgate-If Langel leaves,David Klatsky,now at NYU.

ND - Read on twitter they are focusing on Chris Holtmann of OSU

St John's-Pitino to say yes or no
Iona-Kimani Young
Temple-Matt Langel in the early lead
Georgetown-Shrewsberry or Brey
ND-They have spoken with Painter and Shrewberry's agent.
NJIT-Brett Maconnell would be an ideal choice. He is ready.
Colgate-If Langel leaves,David Klatsky,now at NYU.
Rumors
Cooley to Georgetown
Pitino to Providence

Shrewsberry or Cooley (in that order) would be good hires for GTown. Both have shown to effectively use the portal, and are good coaches, could get Gtown back up to respectability fairly quickly….

That's what I'm thinking. Gtown does have a lot of wealthy alumni though.
They do, but even the wealthiest alumni networks are going to have trouble keeping up with the TV revenue that the SEC and B1G are pulling in year after year, and the gap looks like it’s only going to continue to grow.

It’s the biggest reason why I think RU athletics has a brighter future than similarly situated teams in conferences not named the SEC

Reactions: PatrickRU92
It is in the respect that most Georgetown students and alum actually acknowledge they have a basketball team!
If PSU keeps performing that will change.

And after just two years and this year he leaves then nobody should ever say crap about the players chasing money.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregkoko
Wondering why Shrewsbury would leave for Gtown other than a much more desirable area....ND I could see. Hoping he does leave for obvious reasons. Don't know why Painter would leave Purdue. Makes more sense he stays and maybe Shrewsbury is gone at PSU for ND. Would be great.

Pitino is annoying as are the old BE catholics. Thorns.

PSU loses basically everyone after this season. Good time to exit in a position of strength. Georgetown would be much better off with Shrews than Brey. Why is Brey even a consideration for that spot? Pitino back at Providence would be interesting.

Definitely not.
In the industry there is no comparison. Georgetown is a far better job considering alumni support and university funding of the program. I will give you at somewhat inside take of jobs considered the most desirable in some order:
Kentucky
UNC
UCLA
Kansas
Duke
Indiana
Michigan State
Texas
Arizona
Marquette
Michigan
Creighton
Maryland
Oregon
ND
Georgetown
Purdue
Ohio State
Villanova
Oklahoma

Reactions: MiloTalon13
In the industry there is no comparison. Georgetown is a far better job considering alumni support and university funding of the program. I will give you at somewhat inside take of jobs considered the most desirable in some order:
Kentucky
UNC
UCLA
Kansas
Duke
Indiana
Michigan State
Texas
Arizona
Marquette
Michigan
Creighton
Maryland
Oregon
ND
Georgetown
Purdue
Ohio State
Villanova
Oklahoma

WRT to Georgetown, you are living in the past.

Reactions: Scarlet83 and ru66
There were rumors a while back that a big ten coach was unhappy and looking to leave.

Hoiberg?
Collins?
Mccaffrey?
Shrews?

To me hoiberg seems most likely. He needed a job after being fired in NBA but I think he realizes the ceiling at Nebraska.

There were rumors a while back that a big ten coach was unhappy and looking to leave.

Hoiberg?
Collins?
Mccaffrey?
Shrews?

To me hoiberg seems most likely. He needed a job after being fired in NBA but I think he realizes the ceiling at Nebraska.
Hoiberg isn’t going anywhere unless he gets fired and that isn’t happening, this year…

Reactions: MiloTalon13
It might be a case of him leaving ohio state now so he doesn't get fired next year
Holtmann has a top recruiting class for Ohio State plus elite freshmen returning.The only reason that makes sense is the feeling that the ACC is a weaker conference than the B1G TEN for winning a championship.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Holtmann has a top recruiting class for Ohio State plus elite freshmen returning.The only reason that makes sense is the feeling that the ACC is a weaker conference than the B1G TEN for winning a championship.
Sensabaugh won't be back

Reactions: RutgersNo1
So was Brey basically forced out at ND? Why would he leave ND for GTown?

So was Brey basically forced out at ND? Why would he leave ND for GTown?
Brey was fired.Holt to ND is possible. ACC is easier and Gene Smith is very demanding.And ND will pay as much,if not more. So will Georgetown. Very wealthy alumni base.I'd be stunned if Shrewsbury is back at PSU. He is a hot commodity and ND and Georgetown are far better basketball jobs.

Reactions: RU84 and RutgersNo1
I can't believe Notre Dame would pay a higher salary than Ohio State.
Agreed. But in this case, if he leaves, it’s probably more about resetting the clock- OSU fans aren’t happy with him and he’s likely be on the hot seat going into next season. Whereas if he moves to ND he has a grace period of at least 3 years.

Similar situation in football with Satterfield leaving Louisville for Cincy.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Hoiberg isn’t going anywhere unless he gets fired and that isn’t happening, this year…
Before Nebraskas push at the end of the year, was Hoibergs seat getting warm? It would have been year 4 of losing seasons ( it turned out to be an encouraging year, I understand).

Before Nebraskas push at the end of the year, was Hoibergs seat getting warm? It would have been year 4 of losing seasons ( it turned out to be an encouraging year, I understand).
That’s kind of an unanswerable question. Haha. Some thought Alberts would give him till end of next year some thought he would get one more year. Personally I was with the latter in that opinion. It would be nice if we had a year where we didn’t loose 2 or more starters basically before the Big 10 season started.

Some of these potential moves are so weird to me. Don't see why anyone would want Brey. That guy gave up 5 years ago. Holtman? Don't get him to ND either. They should be throwing the checkbook at Shrewsberry.

Reactions: GORU2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT