ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching moves

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Pitino can have St John's or Texas Tech. His and his lawyer's call. He does not have a technical agent.

Georgetown has reached out to Brey and Shrewberry will certainly be in play. This can be an excellent job and long-term better than St John's.

Pitino is pushing Masiello for Iona,but the leader in the clubhouse is Kimani Young.

Josh Pastner will land somewhere.

Rutgers will undoubtedly try to get involved with at least one St. John's player.

Posh or Soriano from St. John's? The freshman Storr would be nice on the wing too.

Some interesting takes when shrewsbury was hired

First off, that Pitino and Brey are still in such high demand is very interesting. Maybe John Bielien wants one more crack at it. He is a better coach than both of those guys.

Imagine what Jay Wright could get if he was interested in returning. He could have any job he want and probably at $10MM per year.

Beyond getting their own bags, I am sure the biggest issue in the decision making process is what type of NIL program does the school have established.

I am still moved by pitino continuously saying Iona was the last job he was gonna have.

“I took the job wanting it to be my last job,” Pitino told The Post in a phone interview. “I spoke to numerous people about it, and I’m glad I’m ending [my career] with a small Catholic school that has the potential to be built up into a major power, regardless of what people think. I’m super excited about it. It’s a perfect fit at a perfect time in my life.”

Pitino just had name recognition especially in NY
I don’t think he’d be a hot candidate outside the Big East IMO

First off, that Pitino and Brey are still in such high demand is very interesting. Maybe John Bielien wants one more crack at it. He is a better coach than both of those guys.

Imagine what Jay Wright could get if he was interested in returning. He could have any job he want and probably at $10MM per year.

Beyond getting their own bags, I am sure the biggest issue in the decision making process is what type of NIL program does the school have established.
Another down year for UNC and do the Chapel Hill boosters come calling with their moneybags for Mr Wright?

Another down year for UNC and do the Chapel Hill boosters come calling with their moneybags for Mr Wright?
Not yet and I think Wright is out of play still
Didn’t they play for the championship last season? Spoiled dukes going away party for k and beat them in the final
Four?
And he’s got a class coming in
Hubert has some good grace left

Despite all the talk on here, I don’t see why Shrewsberry would leave PSU. As much as I hate this reality, he’s got them playing well and they can afford to pay him.
Not an expert on Penn State but I thought they were the oldest team in the country or something... what does next year look like for them? I guess there's always the portal

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I am still moved by pitino continuously saying Iona was the last job he was gonna have.

“I took the job wanting it to be my last job,” Pitino told The Post in a phone interview. “I spoke to numerous people about it, and I’m glad I’m ending [my career] with a small Catholic school that has the potential to be built up into a major power, regardless of what people think. I’m super excited about it. It’s a perfect fit at a perfect time in my life.”
Pitino is a scum bag and will say anything to anyone at any time to further his own self interests.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Pitino is a scum bag and will say anything to anyone at any time to further his own self interests.
Yeah are we surprised that he wasn't telling the truth about IONA of all places being where he wanted to end his career haha?

Reactions: Plum Street
Not an expert on Penn State but I thought they were the oldest team in the country or something... what does next year look like for them? I guess there's always the portal
There is zero point zero chance they hit in two guys in the portal as good as Pickett and Funk. Penn State is a hard place to recruit to. Good idea to strike while the iron is hot.

RU72, it seems we are expecting to utilize the portal, but I have a hard time seeing how much it can be used considering our scholarship count. The most I likely could see is 4 leaving (Caleb, Cliff, Miller, Reiber) which opens up 1 spot, 2 if we used our last scholarship. Is there expected to be more openings than I’m accounting for? Or are just gonna pick up 1 guy like we like to do usually?

I think you’re right about their team age, but I’m not sure who’s left or what money they’ve got for the portal. It wouldn’t be difficult for them to throw money at something they want, and if they want basketball to be competitive they will pay for it. Especially if a PSU alum from NJ is tired of losing to us.

PSU loses most of their production. Pickett, Funk, Dread, Wynter, and Henn. Lundy has one year left, Nije and Clary are freshmen. Almost a total rebuild unless the guys that got zero minutes yesterday will be ready to play at a high level next season.

Reactions: RU MAN
For Georgetown job, any chance they go after Amaker? Not sure he wants to leave Harvard. Cannot see Shrewsbury going to Big East from BIG10.

RU72, it seems we are expecting to utilize the portal, but I have a hard time seeing how much it can be used considering our scholarship count. The most I likely could see is 4 leaving (Caleb, Cliff, Miller, Reiber) which opens up 1 spot, 2 if we used our last scholarship. Is there expected to be more openings than I’m accounting for? Or are just gonna pick up 1 guy like we like to do usually?
Oskar could leave as a grad transfer to get more playing time if he wants as well.

I know nothing but I think u need to add Hyatt and palm to the list of kids they may move on

Posh or Soriano from St. John's? The freshman Storr would be nice on the wing too.
Yes to Soriano. Hard pass on Posh - he shot 12 for 57 (21%) from 3-Pt range.

Storr has promise. 6-6 freshman who shot 36-88 from deep (41%) and averaged 8.7 ppg.

Poor Georgia tech
In wilderness since Cremins
Hewitt was good for a short while
There is a ton of talent around Atlanta but they haven't had a lot of success getting top talent to stay local. I think it could be a good job. Hewitt made it to the final against UConn once.

There is a ton of talent around Atlanta but they haven't had a lot of success getting top talent to stay local. I think it could be a good job. Hewitt made it to the final against UConn once.
His second year I think with jarret jack and bosh and ish Mohammed…then they went to finals vs UConn without bosh

Mulcahy
Spencer
Davis
Simpson
Griffiths
Mag
Oskar OR Dean
Ndongo
Woolfolk
Chol
Cliff

Two scholarships open (I think Hyatt is gone). Three if Cliff leaves.

Last edited:
Mulcahy
Spencer
Davis
Simpson
Griffiths
Mag
Oskar OR Dean
Ndongo
Woolfolk
Cliff

Three scholarships open (I think Hyatt is gone). Four if Cliff leaves.
As of right now, the only guys who are nearly certain to be on next year’s roster are:

Mulcahy
Simpson
Spencer
Mag
Woolfolk
Chol
Griffiths
Davis
Ndongo

The rest of these guys are currently question marks:

Cliff
Hyatt
Palmquist
Miller
Reiber

At least one of these five needs to leave in order to bring the shipped roster down to the max 13, and if we want any portal guys, more will have to leave.

Reactions: Scangg
As of right now, the only guys who are nearly certain to be on next year’s roster are:

Mulcahy
Simpson
Spencer
Mag
Woolfolk
Chol
Griffiths
Davis
Ndongo

The rest of these guys are currently question marks:

Cliff
Hyatt
Palmquist
Miller
Reiber

At least one of these five needs to leave in order to bring the shipped roster down to the max 13, and if we want any portal guys, more will have to leave.
I forgot about Chol. I'm very confident at least two of those five will leave.

Reactions: rume and Scangg
Some interesting takes when shrewsbury was hired

Lol just realized I got a fair amount of sh*t in that thread for liking the hire. I’m definitely giving that back to the folks who came after me.

Yeah are we surprised that he wasn't telling the truth about IONA of all places being where he wanted to end his career haha?
I don’t think Iona has much to complain about, he was 25-8 and 26-7 in the last two years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT