ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

If I remember correctly, wasn't attendance when they held the tourney at Barclays pretty much a disaster? I think going the week before at MSG was a little underwhelming too but still did much better than the Barclays tournament.
Big 10 never had a tourney at Barclays

Only time big 10 tourney was held in east coast was at MSG - a week prior than normal - and in DC one year.

Would love to see a 4 year rotation between Indy > East coast ( preferably Barclays) > Chicago > Vegas.

Big 10 never had a tourney at Barclays

Only time big 10 tourney was held in east coast was at MSG - a week prior than normal - and in DC one year.

Would love to see a 4 year rotation between Indy > East coast ( preferably Barclays) > Chicago > Vegas.
I must've been thinking of an ACC tournament then, but I'm still not sure a tournament at Barclays would live up to expectations. Though a strong Rutgers team could save it.

St marys/Gonzaga are locks

Realistically only Indiana St/Drake may get an at large from midmajors

I do agree. The way yesterday shook out is a nightmare for nailing all 68 correct
Indiana St. - the ultimate bubble team. Maybe in as First Four in Dayton?

Reactions: bac2therac
Michigan State is likely in the field despite the loss to Indiana but have now put themselves at risk to drop into the first four games.

The Indiana State resume is not pretty. Personally I do not think they are a tourney team. The selection committee may feel otherwise

27-6 overall, NET 26

1-4 in Q1. Win at Bradley, Losses to Bama, Mich St, Bradley, Drake
4-1 in Q2. Wins over Drake, Bradley, Northern Iowa, Belmont, Loss to Southern Illinois
10-0 in Q3 Win over MAC projected AQ Toledo
12-1 in Q4 loss to Illinois State
road: 9-4

sos 137
ncsos 185
sor 33

why should beating Drake and Bradley 2x get you into the NCAA tourney. I get they were regular season champs of Missouri Valley who is the 9th rated conference but why them over say Richmond from the A10

I wasn't sure exactly how the NET worked, so I looked it up. One thing to note: a win the first day of the season counts equally with a win the last day. So closing strong doesn't seem to help.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...05/college-basketballs-net-rankings-explained
true as it should be, however closing strong will help your resume as it beefs it up

my big issue is that its placing too much weight on non conference scoring margins but really scoring margins in general

true as it should be, however closing strong will help your resume as it beefs it up

my big issue is that its placing too much weight on non conference scoring margins but really scoring margins in general
Sure. . . but it seems like there's no difference between winning your first eight conference games and then losing your last eight as doing it the other way around. (I mention conference games because there are against the same opponents.)

I'm with you on scoring margins. I hate putting weight on scoring margins because I don't think it's good for the sport to encourage teams to run scores up.

Sure. . . but it seems like there's no difference between winning your first eight conference games and then losing your last eight as doing it the other way around. (I mention conference games because there are against the same opponents.)

I'm with you on scoring margins. I hate putting weight on scoring margins because I don't think it's good for the sport to encourage teams to run scores up.
The irony was that scoring margins weren’t supposed to matter but bigger than ever with efficiency. One big fat lie.

Reactions: lakejj
Top seed Appalachian State falls to Arkansas State in the Sunbelt semis.....ASU will now meet the winner of James Madison-Texas State. I will say the Dukes of JMU at large chances which are not so hot to begin took a bit of a hit with the loss by Appalachian

OSU have any chance?
I don’t know if we were that bad or OSU that good.

Thought they looked that pretty good.

Drake is a good team they will be trouble for someone. I had Miami to go to final four last year and they had me a wreck by the end of that game. Actually one of Miami's toughest.

Better for us if Illinois beats Iowa (Illinois currently up 12 with 8 minutes left).

I really don't feel like being embarrassed by Iowa if we somehow beat Maryland/Penn State on Wednesday. If Illinois hangs on we'd get Wisconsin instead.

Illinois looks good. Do we think they actually do something in the tournament this year?

Hard to think about it after the shitshow we witnessed earlier today, but the B1G tourney bracket couldn't have set up any better for us.

Maryland/Penn State (Maryland unless they make a big comeback), Wisconsin, Northwestern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT