ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY 2/26: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Can't believe how bad DePaul is. 3-25.
They've been terrible essentially ever since they moved to the Big East. I just looked it up - 19 years in the Big East. 1 winning record in league (9-7 back in 2006). 66 total conference wins in 19 years! That's an average of 3 a year. 272 conference losses!!!

They were good 45 years ago. I wonder if the Big East has any regrets adding them.

Nova now up 10 on Providence...a win today will put them in the field for now and Providence falls out for now

a Nova win also will improve St John's standing as the Johnnies have 2 wins over Villanova

Florida Atlantic may have a win over Arizona but their performance in the 10th rated conference in the country has not be all that great. They sit in 3rd place and with only 1 Q1 win have seen their profile and thus seeding sag. Not in danger of slipping out of the field as long as they win games like today vs Tulane and they are up double digits in the second half. I assure you...one and 2 seeds are not looking forward to the possibility of facing them..imagine Purdue

Nova now up 10 on Providence...a win today will put them in the field for now and Providence falls out for now

a Nova win also will improve St John's standing as the Johnnies have 2 wins over Villanova
As predicted, Providence probably out!

Reactions: bac2therac
Villanova wins 71-60 and they move into the field for now. 10-9 in Q1/2 but interestingly enough now down to just 4 wins vs teams in field with Providence who they swept bounced out.

Providence falls to 8-11 in Q1/2 but the issue is they are also just 8-11 in Q1/2/3. They need to win at Georgetown and then beat UConn at home to get back in the field

Florida Atlantic didnt look good in holding on to beat Tulane, remain as a 10 seed last 4 byes for now.

LAST 4 BYES: NEVADA, FLORIDA ATLANTIC , GONZAGA, VIRGINIA
LAST 4 IN: SETON HALL, WAKE FOREST, NEW MEXICO, VILLANOVA

FIRST FOUR OUT: UTAH, PROVIDENCE, COLORADO, JAMES MADISON
NEXT FOUR OUT: SAINT JOHN'S, KANSAS STATE, IOWA, DRAKE
ON DECK: TEXAS A&M, OHIO STATE, MEMPHIS, MISSISSIPPI
ALSO RANS: PITTSBURGH, PRINCETON, SYRACUSE, OREGON
PIPE DREAMS: BUTLER, MINNESOTA, UNLV, RUTGERS

Wisconsin loses again....likely falling from the 5 seed now down to 6

still have 12 Q1/2 wins which is really good

Illinois looking good right now as worst 4, highest 5th so expect them somewhere on these two lines on Selection Sunday

No shame in losing at Baylor but still Kansas is clearly off the 2 line right now after suffering another loss down to 20-8

Kentucky who I had moved up to a 4 is losing at home in the 2nd half to middling Arkansas
Kentucky is such a weird team. They can score on anyone but can't seem to defend. I can see them going to the final four or losing in the first weekend.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Villanova wins 71-60 and they move into the field for now. 10-9 in Q1/2 but interestingly enough now down to just 4 wins vs teams in field with Providence who they swept bounced out.

Providence falls to 8-11 in Q1/2 but the issue is they are also just 8-11 in Q1/2/3. They need to win at Georgetown and then beat UConn at home to get back in the field

Florida Atlantic didnt look good in holding on to beat Tulane, remain as a 10 seed last 4 byes for now.

Yeah Friars in tough shape now. Look to be out of gas but who knows crazier things have happened.

Reactions: fatsam98

Always fascinating Nova had to beat Providence. But when they go out and do it it makes the win less impressive.

South Florida churns out another AAC win now up to 15-1 with their road win at Charlotte, a Q2 win giving them 5, they are 6-3 vs Q1/2....its a shame about the 2 Q4 losses, one too many

Mississippi State falls to Auburn. While I think the Bulldogs are generally okay, I would like to see them win a game either at Texas A&M or home to South Carolina before the season is up.

Central Connecticut State's win over Stonehill along with Merrimack's loss to Sacred Heart puts them in a tie atop the Northeast Conference. They split their 2 meetings but Central Connecticut State wins the tiebrake and earns top seed and now takes over as the projected AQ

Colorado State tops Wyoming and looks in really good shape. Just a game at Air Force left, wouldnt want to lose that one but still hard to imagine them being left out now

Princeton knocks off Cornell...now tied with Yale only for first and will get nod as AQ from Ivy
May I contradict you? The AQ from the Ivy will be determined by a tournament on March 15-16. At the moment, the four seeds from top to bottom will be Princeton, Yale, Cornell & Brown. (Note that Brown is --ugh -- 11-17 for the season despite winning its last 5 in a row.) No other team has a shot at the Ivy tournament.

May I contradict you? The AQ from the Ivy will be determined by a tournament on March 15-16. At the moment, the four seeds from top to bottom will be Princeton, Yale, Cornell & Brown. (Note that Brown is --ugh -- 11-17 for the season despite winning its last 5 in a row.) No other team has a shot at the Ivy tournament.
He’s saying that in his bracket, Princeton moves to the AQ as the top seed…he’s aware the tourney winner will get the bid, but uses the top seed as a placeholder in each tournament until it’s decided.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT