ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman Hawkins Official Visit

Nj dot com story.

I thought it went really well,” Hawkins said of his Rutgers’ official visit. “It was really cool to be there. I was welcomed by the fans, they were all over my Instagram.

Hawkins also spent time with the Scarlet Knight players outside of the court. He was hosted by rising sophomores Ron Harper Jr. and Myles Johnson. Hawkins had an instant connection with Johnson, who is a fellow California native.

Last edited:
Nice. I doubt many on here will get the reference, lol.
I must be old. I got it.
s_NF_Coleman_Hawkins_2015-04-08_05-43-42.jpg

Was hoping for a commitment on the visit. Teams are locking down 2020 recruits left and right and with four scholarships we need to jump in.

Was hoping for a commitment on the visit. Teams are locking down 2020 recruits left and right and with four scholarships we need to jump in.

Only 21of Rivals 150 have given verbals (link below). It's still early for most of these kids. Plus outside of the NBA camp it has been a quiet/dead period for about a month (list below). Recruiting gets "hot" after July 4th.

Division I Men’s Basketball- Quiet/Dead period
  • August 1 – September 8, 2018
  • April 1-3, 2019
  • April 25, 2019
  • May 3-15, 2019
  • May 25 – June 12, 2019
  • June 15-20, 2019
  • June 24-27, 2019
  • July 1-5, 2019

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2020

Reactions: kcg88

Teams are less and less likely to max out their ships, unless the player factors in immediately as a Top 8 or 9 player in the rotation. With 4 spots or 2 open today, if the player available can't contribute ASAP and the new transfer rules, i don't anticipate RU signing 4 kids by the fall.

I can see a max of 3 IMO.

It seems like the team is actively recruiting recruits.

In years past, that never seemed the case. Now it is completely different.

It seems like the team is actively recruiting recruits.

In years past, that never seemed the case. Now it is completely different.

Players now that are invested in the program, are the best gauge for what will fit and work, vs not. Harper and Myles are now complimenting the efforts by Geo Baker as the go to person that presents the program from a recruiting perspective for Hawkins, is a good thing.

When you have recruits that are local and some from far away, the kids recruited need to know where they'll fit on the court and will the school offer the challenges academically. Having Myles as an engineer is a big deal from a place like California helps too.

Would be great to get Cliff Omuyuri to step up and take the leadership role in the 2020 class. Once one ship is filled; there's a bit more urgency. A CA kid really has to love what he sees like I guess Myles Johnson did when he visited? Long way from home

Only 21of Rivals 150 have given verbals (link below). It's still early for most of these kids. Plus outside of the NBA camp it has been a quiet/dead period for about a month (list below). Recruiting gets "hot" after July 4th.

Division I Men’s Basketball- Quiet/Dead period
  • August 1 – September 8, 2018
  • April 1-3, 2019
  • April 25, 2019
  • May 3-15, 2019
  • May 25 – June 12, 2019
  • June 15-20, 2019
  • June 24-27, 2019
  • July 1-5, 2019

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2020

I miss the old sneaker camps that used to run in July. Those camps created so much excitement and buzz around here and in the college hoops recruiting scene in general.

Reactions: NJDOVES
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT