ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball is parity

This FDU game reminded me of the Hofstra game we just played. I just think Purdue got outplayed all game by their energy.
That said I agree there is a lot more parity especially as portal kids keep moving around and teams have to gather themselves to find an identity.

Watching the NCAAs I am realizing there is NOT parity in Cheerleading. Rutgers clearly has stepped up its game in cheerleading talent compared to our past and I think we are on par with the top schools on this front now. They need to keep the cameras off some of these other schools

This FDU game reminded me of the Hofstra game we just played. I just think Purdue got outplayed all game by their energy.
That said I agree there is a lot more parity especially as portal kids keep moving around and teams have to gather themselves to find an identity.

Watching the NCAAs I am realizing there is NOT parity in Cheerleading. Rutgers clearly has stepped up its game in cheerleading talent compared to our past and I think we are on par with the top schools on this front now. They need to keep the cameras off some of these other schools
😄

I think more than any other sport, hot and cold shooting nights can favor the underdogs. Look no further then Hofstra.
The 3 point shot is the difference maker in college basketball which gives underdogs the opportunity for upsets.The B1G TEN talent is far below last years teams which means the margin for error increases as seen in the FDU win over Purdue.

[QUOTE="RUBlackout, post: 6219620,

[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly when the camera was on the squad from FDU.

The 3 point shot is the difference maker in college basketball which gives underdogs the opportunity for upsets.The B1G TEN talent is far below last years teams which means the margin for error increases as seen in the FDU win over Purdue.

And kids are getting better and better every year shooting. Players at all levels.

This is why some have been harping on our historical lack of 3pt shooting or focus on 3pt attempts.
We have consistently been towards the bottom of the league in 3pt attempts, 3pt makes and shooting %.

Its like in football and how some have called for more emphasis on passing to bridge the talent gap.

Reactions: SBP
FDU cheerleaders so ugly the FDU cheerleading page omits pictures of FDU cheerleaders.

And the cheerleader roster pull down hasn't been updated since 19-20.

1. Mid major teams sticking together are benefiting from the 1 and done culture.

2. It’s basketball, not football. In football, if you have top OLine and DLine recruits, you’re not dropping games to mid majors.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Do you realize FDU was 7/23 from 3? Do you people even watch the games?

No wonder I see some of these takes on this board

Reactions: RUBlackout
There’s also more good data.
I’m not a stat nerd, but it’s easier for the coaches to review quality film
This wasn’t a UMBC/Virginia situation where where UMBC shot the lights out against them. FDU just beat Purdue.
They did what St Peters did and frustrated Purdue

Kudos to FDU. But I watched the game. The freshmen on Purdue acted like freshmen today. And Gillis and the freshmen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. From three point land they shot 5 for 26 or 19 percent. If Purdue shot even 35% they win the game by seven. Besides Edey the rest of the team choked big time. I don't recall such horrendous shooting by Jenkins, Gillis, Loyer and the other kid. And it wasn't because the FDU players harassed them. They just missed open shot after open shot. Talk about the worst time to shoot so poorly. But again, congrats to FDU. They took advantage of it and pulled one of the biggest upsets in NCAA tourney history.

Kudos to FDU. But I watched the game. The freshmen on Purdue acted like freshmen today. And Gillis and the freshmen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. From three point land they shot 5 for 26 or 19 percent. If Purdue shot even 35% they win the game by seven. Besides Edey the rest of the team choked big time. I don't recall such horrendous shooting by Jenkins, Gillis, Loyer and the other kid. And it wasn't because the FDU players harassed them. They just missed open shot after open shot. Talk about the worst time to shoot so poorly. But again, congrats to FDU. They took advantage of it and pulled one of the biggest upsets in NCAA tourney history.
Yup. Open looks for them from three all night long and as they kept missing they got tighter and tighter.

Reactions: RU MAN
Twice in a few years the 16 team has beaten a 1. 15 beat a 2. 13 beat a 4.

Time to get rid of the NIT add the 32 and all regular season conference winners and go to 128. None of this first four crap which is unfair. If you can’t go up against the Masters just start season earlier.

Twice in a few years the 16 team has beaten a 1. 15 beat a 2. 13 beat a 4.

Time to get rid of the NIT add the 32 and all regular season conference winners and go to 128. None of this first four crap which is unfair. If you can’t go up against the Masters just start season earlier.
Please no. Why don’t we just skip the regular season and put all 350+ teams in?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT