ADVERTISEMENT

Complaint thread

Never thought of you as an enabler.
Just seeing if those who only like to post complaints will give this thread a wide berth like they do the congrats thread after wins.

It's my sarcastic way of saying I know those who only come on this board after something bad happens to gloat, now have their own thread to do so and can enjoy each others' company. Tonight

No complaint. I'm smelling we'll be turning down the NIT again this year.
I root plenty for this program but I've seen this movie way too many times of late.
So be it. Not stressing me anymore.
Good luck the rest of the way especially the B1G games that are going to be featured on BTN coming up.

Reactions: Kbee3
Just seeing if those who only like to post complaints will give this thread a wide berth like they do the congrats thread after wins.

It's my sarcastic way of saying I know those who only come on this board after something bad happens to gloat, now have their own thread to do so and can enjoy each others' company. Tonight

Im not sure many are left to care anymore

What is amazing to me is how she was able to put together that recruiting class for next year. Her recent track record for developing players is not great. If not for that incoming class, to the extent that anyone still does care, you would think there might be more noise about trying to get her to gracefully retire.

Madhat, there's nothing to say. When I saw the end result, all I could do was laugh ironically and shake my head. I'm not even upset about the losing anymore. The program is what it is.
RU Man you are one of the ones that complain that praise as well.
You post your thoughts win or lose and this complaint thread didn't have RU WBB fans like you in mind when I decided to start it
You care, not troll.

What is amazing to me is how she was able to put together that recruiting class for next year. Her recent track record for developing players is not great. If not for that incoming class, to the extent that anyone still does care, you would think there might be more noise about trying to get her to gracefully retire.
Getting a great class is good, developing them into an elite team is necessary and I'll wait till the end of this season to decide if the best way for talent coming into the program to develop all their skills might be better off if Vivian retires.

The MSU game has turned me from fully supporting CVS as RU's HC into someone thinking HC Emeritus might be best for her and the program, if the team keeps playing like it has .

Reactions: RC66
Getting a great class is good, developing them into an elite team is necessary and I'll wait till the end of this season to decide if the best way for talent coming into the program to develop all their skills might be better off if Vivian retires.

The MSU game has turned me from fully supporting CVS as RU's HC into someone thinking HC Emeritus might be best for her and the program, if the team keeps playing like it has .
Only upset about turnovers and foolish fouls in the 4th quarter. Any complainers should realize that in the past several games, we played without 3 of our guards, and last night, 4.

Only upset about turnovers and foolish fouls in the 4th quarter. Any complainers should realize that in the past several games, we played without 3 of our guards, and last night, 4.
RU Women’s B-ball with a short bench? How unusual.

Reactions: bac2therac
We all care about the program and everysport at Rutgers and when you see one mired in mediocrity for years now that’s when you know its time for a change however there is no way she is going to step down with 1 year left on her contract. As next year ends she should gracefully retire and allow Hobbs to do an extensive search for a new coach and a clean slate

RU Man you are one of the ones that complain that praise as well.
You post your thoughts win or lose and this complaint thread didn't have RU WBB fans like you in mind when I decided to start it
You care, not troll.
Thanks. I know. I just saw your thread and wanted to mention something in it. Yes, I do care. Deeply. I think we both know what's wrong and until that matter is fixed we will continue to watch games like this and scratch our head, because there really is a lot of talent on this team. It's just not being utilized properly.

RU Women’s B-ball with a short bench? How unusual.
Again, that statement is an extreme generalization.

I believe most seasons Rutgers appears to carry 11 or 12 and up to the maximum 15. Are they all quality? no,not really. Does Vivian use the "whole" bench? Not often. Are there (historically, for years) legitimate questions about how she uses the players she has? I would say yes.

Most good teams use 7 or 8 players regularly. There are exceptions, but check box scores for "meaningful" minutes and it is generally 7 or 8. Unfortunately, bad things happen when players become injured and are unable to play. If you have a pretty good team, the bad things are "less so" of course, but if it is a star you depend on, see Kentucky without Howard and Texas A&M without Carter, who returned last night.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Is the game noon Sunday?
Michigan_GoldM.png

Feb 16 (Sun) 12:00 PM (ET)
Big Ten
vs
Michigan
Schedule
https://scarletknights.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule/2019-20

road trip to Northwestern for Feb 19th game
Then Feb 22 home against OSU
Feb 27th against Wisconsin at the RAC
March 1st home game with Iowa.

Last edited:
Again, that statement is an extreme generalization.

I believe most seasons Rutgers appears to carry 11 or 12 and up to the maximum 15. Are they all quality? no,not really. Does Vivian use the "whole" bench? Not often. Are there (historically, for years) legitimate questions about how she uses the players she has? I would say yes.

Most good teams use 7 or 8 players regularly. There are exceptions, but check box scores for "meaningful" minutes and it is generally 7 or 8. Unfortunately, bad things happen when players become injured and are unable to play. If you have a pretty good team, the bad things are "less so" of course, but if it is a star you depend on, see Kentucky without Howard and Texas A&M without Carter, who returned last night.

I love to look at the facts to cut thru the stuff. Here's 9 of the last 10 seasons (conf. play) for number of players on the team (doesn't show who is a scholly or not) but also the % of playing time the top 6 are getting per game. 2015 is a statistical mess.
This year is off the chart but not quite 1991. In 5 of the 9 years just 6 players are getting over 85% of the minutes. That means 30 mins for the entire rest of the team.
You can all debate what that means and why. But that is playing a short bench in my opinion.

yr total plyr top 6 total mins and % of game

2019 12 178.9 89%
2018 13 153.7 77%
2017 14 150.9 75%
2016 11 172.0 86%
2015 22
2014 9 181.0 91%
2013 11 170.7 85%
2012 12 161.0 81%
2011 12 154.6 77%
2010 11 173.6 87%

AVG top 6 players is 1496.4 of 1800 mins = 83%
On avg over 9 seasons 33.7 mins per game for rest of team

1984's statistics makes me feel Vivian giving the top 6 most of the playing time makes for late game collapse and giving up leads that cost too many games RU could have won if the top players were rested more during the middle part of game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT