ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the win

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Didnt get to check into the game until late in the third and was bigly surprised. Got to give major props for the big reversal in level of play after probably the worst conference performance I have seen by a CVS team given the level of the opponent.

What I see from this team that I didnt see from last year or the year before that this team is tougher and resilient. Even though the past two years had talent, it seemed like they had no toughness at all and would generally fall apart and let teams come back on them and win. Consider that a better RU team couldnt protect a 13 point lead at home against a similar type MSU late in the game last year yet this team rallied down the stretch by playing tough defense and actually being aggressive on offense. So in some ways this team despite their incredible swings in level of play seem to be more likable to watch because you know that they are overmatched at times but fight hard. Consider this might be CVS best win in over two years.

That MSU coach Suzi Merchant looked pissed as she walked off the court and her handshake with CVS was icy at best. They sure had a letdown after the big win over OSU.

Congrats ladies! A great win against an NCAA team. Keep progressing and next year we'll be back at full strength.

Reactions: dmd78
Thanks all for giving praise where due! I was worried about this game and was pleasantly surprised . Best defense I've seen us play in a long time. And we did enough good things offensively to keep us in the game. Go RU!

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT