ADVERTISEMENT

Connie Yori out at Nebraska

interesting...in the new post Mike Rice world this is the fallout. Im not so sure that 20 or even 10 or 6 years ago we would have this. We dont have any facts but this may be a case of an old school coach clashing with the new generation of players not afraid to speak out and raised in an era much different that previous generations when it comes to be handled and coached.

she put that program on the map but thats over now

interesting...in the new post Mike Rice world this is the fallout. Im not so sure that 20 or even 10 or 6 years ago we would have this. We dont have any facts but this may be a case of an old school coach clashing with the new generation of players not afraid to speak out and raised in an era much different that previous generations when it comes to be handled and coached.

she put that program on the map but thats over now
The "everybody gets a trophy era" is a different animal

I'm going to guess we'll never know exactly what happened, but if it's bad enough to boot a coach as successful as her, it's probably pretty bad.

I'm going to guess we'll never know exactly what happened, but if it's bad enough to boot a coach as successful as her, it's probably pretty bad.
At least somewhat reading between the lines, it sounded out -
- the comments about her staff possibly lying for her regarding her divorce would be a very serious issue
- it sounds like she may perhaps be guilty of the "over-training" issues, resulting in some of the injuries
- I thought the comments by the former player Moore were significant, that she never "took it personally" (I'm paraphrasing) which sort of carries the implication that perhaps some players do.

In the end, a piece of it is probably entwined with the "new world" style of human interaction, but perhaps the divorce issue and on-going injury issues had even greater weight.]

Or I could just be all wet, of course.

Nebraska has hired formed NU player and University of South Dakota coach Amy Williams.

Amy Williams Career Collegiate Coaching Record

2007-08: Rogers State (13-18)
2008-09: Rogers State (18-14)
2009-10: Rogers State (21-11)
2010-11: Rogers State (23-10) | NAIA Tournament appearance
2011-12: Rogers State (22-12) | NAIA Tournament appearance
2012-13: South Dakota (19-16)
2013-14: South Dakota (19-14) | Summit Tournament Champions, NCAA Tournament appearance
2014-15: South Dakota (26-8) | Summit League Champions
2015-16: South Dakota (32-6) | Summit League Champions, WNIT champions

Total: 193-109 (.639)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT