ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Basketball to Host No. 4/3 Iowa on Friday in Front of Sold Out Crowd

Bringing my daughter to see...Rutgers.
I think that this is the perfect opportunity to spread the news of RU Basketball While we are in a down period right now we have been a historically good program and are looking to return to that level. Hopefully fans attending tonight (for whatever reason) will see the beauty of the game played by elite athletes.

I expect multiple transfers out of the program end of the year when they see how much support an away team gets in our home arena

Reactions: bac2therac
Iowa is a well coached team. Rutgers not so much but not sure if that is a talent issue, coaching issue, or both.

What I like about the womens team is that they have some shooters even with there best player out because of injury.The defense needs a lot of work.Clark not having great shooting from the 3 point line in the first half.

What I like about the womens team is that they have some shooters even with there best player out because of injury.The defense needs a lot of work.Clark not having great shooting from the 3 point line in the first half.
Rutgers is cold as ice now and don't have anyone that can drive it. Contrast that to Iowa they are scoring almost at will from outside and inside. This one may turn into a full on rout. Washington has a lot of work to do.

Good news - We held Clark to 14 for the half. Bad news - Every Hawkeye scored and they are shooting above 50%. This was expected though. They will hang a hundred on us tonight without a sweat.

Damn , all the ladies do is chuck up 3s. And they can’t make them! Zero defenseZERO

Rutgers is cold as ice now and don't have anyone that can drive it. Contrast that to Iowa they are scoring almost at will from outside and inside. This one may turn into a full on rout. Washington has a lot of work to do.
You do realize Iowa is the #4 team in the nation and has one of the best players in the game on their team?

Damn , all the ladies do is chuck up 3s. And they can’t make them! Zero defenseZERO

IDK what you guys were expecting with Smikle (RU's best player) out.

For some context. Pikiell's year 2:

Lost 82-51 Purdue, Lost 89-67 to Minnesota, Lost 68-46 and 79-52 to Ohio State .

It is going to take some time to rebuild the roster.

You do realize Iowa is the #4 team in the nation and has one of the best players in the game on their team?

Lost 82-51 Purdue, Lost 89-67 to Minnesota, Lost 68-46 and 79-52 to Ohio State .

Were you around 1997-2016

A generational player.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Are you going to answer my post above? Of course not. You only know how to throw out snarks and negativity on this board and in the weather threads. Be better.

Its less to do with losing by 40 and more to do with state of program where we draw flies and now have more people in stands rooting for Clark than RU

The Cvs of 1999 would be horrified

We were near UConn status for a few years and now the RAC is reduced to being a showcase for Clark

Are you going to answer my post above? Of course not. You only know how to throw out snarks and negativity on this board and in the weather threads. Be better.

Rutgers mens hoops was abysmal for years. Rutgers admin didnt support it

Hobbs hired Pikiell and put FULL support for first time ever

Rutgers women's hoops was a top tier program but CVS ran it into the ground and Hobbs had NO plan

I can guarantee you thats not the case with womens hoops..its on the backburner

Rutgers women's hoops was a top tier program but CVS ran it into the ground and Hobbs had NO plan

You are sad. Get a life and find something that makes you happy instead of spreading misery on these boards. Weather threads, here, CE---You are OK on the men's hoops board. But that's about all.

do-you-have-the-time-to-listen-to-me-whine-about-nothing-and-everything-all-at-once.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dfr1966
Hopefully CV$ is watching
She was honored before the game.

Per Politi...
Greetings from JMA. This is a LEGIT sellout tonight for Caitlin Clark and Iowa, with every seat to the very top corners filled and huge lines to get inside. Clark is off to a cold start (by her standards) but is still impacting the game with her passing and floor savvy. Also of note, C. Vivian Stringer was honored pregame as players/coaches from both teams gathered at center court for a group photo. Really nice moment.

Reactions: iarick
Its less to do with losing by 40 and more to do with state of program where we draw flies and now have more people in stands rooting for Clark than RU

The Cvs of 1999 would be horrified

We were near UConn status for a few years and now the RAC is reduced to being a showcase for Clark
There were certainly NOT more people in the stands rooting for Clark than for RU. Nice try though.

Reactions: Knight Shift
My gawd, that was one remarkably limp performance from the RU women. The score was closer than the game looked.

Yes, I know Iowa is #4 and RU were missing starters, but the RU players who played showed a remarkable lack of fundamentals and little, if any, basketball IQ. They eerily looked like they had been recruited and, sort of, coached by Eddie Jordan.

A sad reminder that C Viv got her 5-year extension in 2021 and then let the progam rot. She left the program in worse shape than EJ in hoops or Ash in football.

You are sad. Get a life and find something that makes you happy instead of spreading misery on these boards. Weather threads, here, CE---You are OK on the men's hoops board. But that's about all.

Do you feel better. Instead of discussing my posts and the issues you go low

Do you feel better. Instead of discussing my posts and the issues you go low
Truth hurts, doesn't it? Be better. Things will right themselves. Just like they did after RU hired Pikiell. No use in whining and crying about it like a baby, but that's what you like to do. Whine, cry, point fingers at the AD. The guy can't hit a home run in every sport out of the box. But go ahead and try to pile on. Sheesh. Go listen to Green Day Basket Case- should be your theme song.

Truth hurts, doesn't it? Be better. Things will right themselves. Just like they did after RU hired Pikiell. No use in whining and crying about it like a baby, but that's what you like to do. Whine, cry, point fingers at the AD. The guy can't hit a home run in every sport out of the box. But go ahead and try to pile on. Sheesh. Go listen to Green Day Basket Case- should be your theme song.

They said that when i complained about cvs in the mid 2010s and look what happened

No Green Day sucks and looks like a bunch of old establishment women

How many girls did RU put on the floor tonight who would see more than garbage time on most B1G rosters? I didn’t expect Year #2 to be pretty and it will take a couple more cycles to stock the roster. But, geez, I thought we’d see players who reflect a little coaching-up and who can catch the ball or try to, you know, jump for a rebound. If this is just a throwaway year with a few developmental pieces and most of the roster headed for the portal in a couple months, just say so.

They said that when i complained about cvs in the mid 2010s and look what happened

No Green Day sucks and looks like a bunch of old establishment women
Not sure what point you are trying to make or what you are flexing your muscles over. This has been revisited and rehashed (mostly by you) too many times. You don't fire a legend---you let them bow out gracefully.

How many girls did RU put on the floor tonight who would see more than garbage time on most B1G rosters? I didn’t expect Year #2 to be pretty and it will take a couple more cycles to stock the roster. But, geez, I thought we’d see players who reflect a little coaching-up and who can catch the ball or try to, you know, jump for a rebound. If this is just a throwaway year with a few developmental pieces and most of the roster headed for the portal in a couple months, just say so.
They are women.

CVS kept it going, but because of lack of administration support winning seasons weren't as great as before
Is this running the program into the ground
2014–15Rutgers23–1012–6T–4thNCAA Division I Second Round
2015–16Rutgers19–157–9T–9thWNIT Second Round
2016–17Rutgers6–243–13T–11th
2017–18Rutgers20–127–9T–9th
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I First Round
the 2021-2022 season was a bad one 11-20 >3-14 that was charged to CVS but Tim Eatman was interim HC that year because Vivian took a leave of absence for the whole year

What can be attributed to Stringer is not retiring when her health wouldn't permit her to do the job.
C. Vivian Stringer, like many other successful HCs, just couldn't grasp the fact that her time had come to leave coaching because she wasn't up to coaching her best anymore.
That hurt the program because the year she took a leave of absence no one knew if she would /could return and recruiting suffered .
But your constant implying Rutgers sucked while she was HS is just BS that you try to spread because you've disliked her for years and like to imply her teams were losers .

Also just like this year, the past couple of years , maybe longer, this board could expect to see you posting complaints regularly after loses or something bad happened, but see you post praise only occasionally when the team won or something good for the program became known.

You don't seem to consider RU MBB in such a bad light , maybe it's a dislike women's sports that is really your problem with the RU WBB program
2016–17Rutgers15–183–1514th
2017–18Rutgers15–193–1514th
2018–19Rutgers14–177–13T–10th
2019–20Rutgers20–1111–9T–5thNCAA Division I Canceled
2020–21Rutgers16–1210–10T–6thNCAA Division I Round of 32
2021–22Rutgers18–1412–8T–4thNCAA Division I First Four
2022–23Rutgers19–1510–10T–9thNIT First Round
2023–24Rutgers8–50–2
Rutgers:125–111 (.530)56–82 (.406)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
If Coach Washington doesn’t recruit at least 5 top recruits this year, including some big girls, I’m afraid her time here will be over.

Reactions: bac2therac
Not sure what point you are trying to make or what you are flexing your muscles over. This has been revisited and rehashed (mostly by you) too many times. You don't fire a legend---you let them bow out gracefully.

Well she didn't bow out gracefully did she

Unfortunately I agree with this from what we showed tonight.

Except for the “girls” tag

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT