ADVERTISEMENT

Could a full facemask allow us to attend games in September?

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Could any protective covering allow us to attend games in September? This is not going to go away, soon, so we have to think about how to work around it.

Could any protective covering allow us to attend games in September? This is not going to go away, soon, so we have to think about how to work around it.

You better hope there are no 85-90 degree days. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Many people will not show up for the Monmouth game due to SD concerns. Many will stay in the tailgate lots for that game.

By the time we get to October hopefully we find a way to work around things at the stadium.

Can you imagine the concession lines with SD standards, ha!

Do you know how little protection is provided by most masks?
Anyway this round should be over by September. It's later in the year that a 2nd round might start and back to shutdown. But who the hell knows.

Going to be tough for the band to play.
There will probably be no bands this fall. Blowing as much spit as possible through a funnel out into an enclosed arena is probably the opposite of what will be happening

Reactions: RUaMoose
Many people will not show up for the Monmouth game due to SD concerns. Many will stay in the tailgate lots for that game.

By the time we get to October hopefully we find a way to work around things at the stadium.

Can you imagine the concession lines with SD standards, ha!
Why would there be concessions stands? Because you certainly can’t eat with one.

This whole obsession about how nothing will ever be the same again without a vaccine needs to stop. There's no guarantee that there will even be one... And if there is it could take years. I don't know why some have their minds made up that a vaccine is arriving early next year.

We can't sit around for years and years waiting for one.

Last edited:
Good luck getting people to put themselves through this again...the level of disobedience will be striking!
I said it in another post yesterday. Get 3 days in the 70s and sunny in a row and people will riot in the NE. The US Attorney General said he will join any lawsuit brought by local residents to fight local governments who become slow to reopen.

Good luck getting people to put themselves through this again...the level of disobedience will be striking!
Concerned fan: “Mr. usher/security person! Mr usher/security person! I just saw that man pull his mask down to have a hot dog! I want him removed.”

Yellow Jacket guy: “Where did you see this? Where is he sitting?”

Concerned fan: “Over there.”

Yellow Jacket guy: “Where?”

Concerned fan: “There! Here take my binoculars. Look across the field under the 52 sign.”

Social distancing waiting for the men’s room at halftime should be fun

Portajohns instead of stadium rest rooms?

Good luck keeping them clean though.

Take the temp of all fans entering the stadium?

Portajohns instead of stadium rest rooms?

Good luck keeping them clean though.

Take the temp of all fans entering the stadium?
That was my suggestion years ago when seeing there weren’t enough even with the expansion. And not instead of, just add them.

With beer being sold INSIDE and Greg 2.0 supposed to get us there...it is something to truly consider.

I said it in another post yesterday. Get 3 days in the 70s and sunny in a row and people will riot in the NE. The US Attorney General said he will join any lawsuit brought by local residents to fight local governments who become slow to reopen.
Here in Texas where it has been 80 - 98 degrees for the past three weeks, people still wear masks indoors but the outdoor order is being summarily ignored. Businesses are opening big time although more as takeout businesses.

construction never missed a beat.
The counties out in the country...essentially little to no change.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Here in Texas where it has been 80 - 98 degrees for the past three weeks, people still wear masks indoors but the outdoor order is being summarily ignored. Businesses are opening big time although more as takeout businesses.

construction never missed a beat.
The counties out in the country...essentially little to no change.
Story is a place on Houston that the owner (on his own) has decided to return to table service.

Story is a place on Houston that the owner (on his own) has decided to return to table service.
The $17M hospital set up at reliant stadium in Houston is being disbanded...unused...people are pissed at the waste. Hard to blame the decision based on computer models that were nowhere close to accurate. But the county judge...she is not popular. This is probably one of those better to be safe and prepared but the questions are already out there.

on the mask front...we’ve already had upper 90s with humidity. Good luck getting people to wear masks outside.

Concerned fan: “Mr. usher/security person! Mr usher/security person! I just saw that man pull his mask down to have a hot dog! I want him removed.”

Yellow Jacket guy: “Where did you see this? Where is he sitting?”

Concerned fan: “Over there.”

Yellow Jacket guy: “Where?”

Concerned fan: “There! Here take my binoculars. Look across the field under the 52 sign.”

Wait just a gosh darn minute! Under the 52 is where @herdof3, @RUScrew85 and I sit!

Reactions: rutgersal
Here is a possible scenario for B1G teams. No september games which are usually non conference except for a conference game. Open the season on Oct 3 with conference game. Rutgers Sept game vs Ohio State gets rescheduled probably to the end of the season as do the other B1G Sept games. B1G playoff extended 1 week or possibly even eliminated.
Teams would do preseason practice in Sept..

Last edited:
Those who disagree should research what happened with San Francisco during the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic.

Do you know how little protection is provided by most masks?
I think most people understand that most masks are not intended to protect YOU, they're intended to protect other people FROM you. You wear them as a matter of social courtesy and responsibility.

2 months ago we were desperately needing wins to maintain our NCAA bid in hoops and coronavirus was a passing thought to ponder... 4 months from now alot can change

Reactions: beaced
2 months ago we were desperately needing wins to maintain our NCAA bid in hoops and coronavirus was a passing thought to ponder... 4 months from now alot can change
And one month ago we were "2 weeks behind Italy"

Today , the worst is over.

also , the return of any sports before football will be a huge boost because once one comes back, the rest will want to follow. The other day Brett mccmurphy shared the results of a poll where almost every AD agreed that there will be football, possibly not exactly as scheduled though.

Reactions: bac2therac
Those who disagree should research what happened with San Francisco during the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic.
I doubt any such research will take place and civil disobedience will be rampant. You cannot expect people to accept being dead-ass broke, unemployed and under house arrest. I don’t care how many celebrity BS “we are all in this together” crap ads you shove down their throats or how many model predictions you quote. Given how BAD the feb and mar predictions panned out, the naturally human inclination is gonna be to say “eff off”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT