ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy stat line for Myles

we don't get him the ball offensively, thats the problem. Rarely if at all run anything to get him a post.. Especially against these teams we need to force feed him, especially early.

He needs to stay out of foul trouble and stay on the floor more.

Right now he's leading the team with 4.0 PF per 40 min, and he's been picking up 2 quicker fouls in the first half which limits his minutes to just 20.2/game right now. Yes, he needs more touches on offense - but he really needs to be out there more defensively.

On a per 40 basis:
Johnson: 13.9 pts, 12.3 rb, 3.6 blk
Carter: 13.1 pts, 9.2 rb, 3.1 blk
Doucoure: 9.4 pts, 4.7 rb, 2.4 blk

we don't get him the ball offensively, thats the problem. Rarely if at all run anything to get him a post.. Especially against these teams we need to force feed him, especially early.

Exactly!

They don't even try to go to Myles in the post. It's wild. In a pickup game if people saw such a size mismatch the team would naturally try to go there. It's just strange to watch it never happen

Reactions: BillyC80
Myles is too nice. I'd be absolutely demanding the ball until the guards fed it to me

Myles has not looked good. He needs to assert himself offensively.
Wrong. He has not been given the ball on the block and nothing is being run for him and he is being asked to come out 20 feet to set picks. Go watch the Illinois game tonight , their new freshman big Kofi Coffman and Giorgi are down low, and make one turn for a layup or soft hook . Coach has to run the plays and keep him there since he is a tremendous offensive rebounder. By taking him outside you eliminate one of his assets . The guards have been terrible in failing to feed the post.

Reactions: BillyC80 and Scangg
Myles needs to hit his FTs or else it's not productive to give him the ball. Take a dribble and bend your knees instead of just throwing up bricks

Reactions: Scangg
Myles needs to hit his FTs or else it's not productive to give him the ball. Take a dribble and bend your knees instead of just throwing up bricks

There's still value in him getting the ball and being fouled, even if he's hitting 50% - because it gets the opposing bigs in foul trouble, and can limit their minutes. If another team had a 30% FT shooter that could draw 2 early fouls on Johnson, the value of that far outweighs a couple of missed points from the line.

Didn’t look at videotron to see replay. What was Caleb doing?

I watched on line and both announcers agreed with me that there was no foul. Myles was moving without the ball, but not screening and not obstructing the SFA player. Phantom foul.

I watched on line and both announcers agreed with me that there was no foul. Myles was moving without the ball, but not screening and not obstructing the SFA player. Phantom foul.

Caleb could have prevented a chance of a foul by properly using the pick as it was intended for.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
I don't want to overreact yet.

Nonetheless,this season has not been going how I thought it would. Coaches blew up players, and some of those players have contributed very little. Shaq Carter for example. What?

It could get ugly. I think skill is there, but offensive creativity and exploiting mismatches has not been shown. Just my opinion. It is still early. Caleb McConnell really struggled against poor competition last year, and he finished strong. Hoping the same for the general team as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT