ADVERTISEMENT

Cylinder calls

Watching Michigan Illinois. Physical game. No cylinder calls.

Anyone seen any cylinder violations called since our game with Pitt?

nope...and pretty sure you may go the rest of your life without seeing it called in that situation. I am telling you that call will get called on the ball handler 105 times out of 100...unless you're RU...

Watching Michigan Illinois. Physical game. No cylinder calls.

Anyone seen any cylinder violations called since our game with Pitt?
It is a rare call. I wouldn't waste time looking for another call this season.

Coach Knight said he’s only seen it called once before
I saw it called a number of times last year even in the tourney games. This year not so much and never twice in one game against the same team. Plus the cylinder call against Caleb had to be one of the worst calls in history period. Not only was Caleb not on top of him because the screener was moving , the Pitt guard leaned in and then swung out into Caleb ‘s jaw . That should have been either a flagrant 1 or 2 on the Pitt guard. Really big call in the game as we should have gotten foul shots, plus Caleb picked up his second foul and went to the bench for the rest of the half .

I saw it called a number of times last year even in the tourney games. This year not so much and never twice in one game against the same team. Plus the cylinder call against Caleb had to be one of the worst calls in history period. Not only was Caleb not on top of him because the screener was moving , the Pitt guard leaned in and then swung out into Caleb ‘s jaw . That should have been either a flagrant 1 or 2 on the Pitt guard. Really big call in the game as we should have gotten foul shots, plus Caleb picked up his second foul and went to the bench for the rest of the half .
Especially given the fact that Caleb was in the other guys "cylinder" because the other guy changed directions and moved into Caleb. That's like getting charged with assault for punching a guy in the hand with your face.

Let's debate whether 3 calls out of all those games equates to "special." Actually, let's not.
One team was involved in each of the 3 games when the call was made.

Any with more than one made in a single game?
No. I have not seen more than one cylinder call made in a single game. Clearly the officials are tryna keep RU down by going deep into the rulebook to make calls against the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT