ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Hurley - Rhode Island

This is good news, not bad news. He was risky, volatile, and does not have the resume to make the demands he was making.

My order remains

1.) Lonergan
2.) Massiello
3.) Anybody but Jay Williams

I agree with everything you say. Though my #1 is Masiello, slightly above Longergan at #2.

please-let-this-door-hit-you-in-the-head-and-ass-on-your-way-out-and-lead-you-directly-to-hell-goodbye-and-please-dont-come-back-ever--9574b.png

I'm glad it's decided one way or the other now and we can move on to other names like Cluess, Dooley, Pikiell etc...We'll probably have to wait til the end of this week and weekend to see what names drop out of the tourney but that's not a big deal, just find the right guy who gives you the best chance.

Reactions: MADHAT1
This is good news, not bad news. He was risky, volatile, and does not have the resume to make the demands he was making.

My order remains

1.) Lonergan (actually worth every penny of 2mm/yr)
2.) Massiello

This! perhaps minus #2.

My order remains

1.) Lonergan (actually worth every penny of 2mm/yr)
2.) Massiello
Mike Rice?
Fred Hill, Jr.?

I can only hope since I like him more than Hurley...just don't think he's coming.
Lonergan is one of my top choices too next to Sendek but we'll have to see if he wants to come here. I'd still probably have to see it to believe it. Hurley was way down the list for me so I'm fine with him staying put at URI.

I'm happy with the offer Hobbs made and understand why Hurley got cold feet and backed out. No biggie. If Hobbs can continue to offer up to $2m per year, we will get a good coach.

Steve Masiello, come on down !

Hurley was never coming here, it appears. Glad that we can move on and not waste any more cycles on that family.

Gives us another reason to root against Rhody next season.

RU met the facilities demand and received Barchi and BOG approval and he still caved in and bailed......see ya....!!
If that's true, then not much confidence in his own abilities or probably never seriously interested.

But if you're right about the facilities and the reports are true about 2M/yr for Hurley then the future of this job doesn't seem as bad as it might on first blush.

Amazing to me how many people are happy with this. A coach who turns what most experts consider to be a top 25 team in Rhode Island (not exactly a powerhouse) and we are happy he turned us down. Makes no sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT