ADVERTISEMENT

December 20th Flo Team Tournament Rankings & Individual Weight Class Rankings

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
Flo ranks the top 24th wrestlers in each weight class plus 9 honorable mention. The top 57 teams are also ranked.

Rutgers Team rank is 36th

Individual wrestler ranking:

Shawver 17th
Heilmann 13th
Alvarez Honorable Mention
White Honorable Mention
Clark Honorable Mention
O'Neil Not Ranked
Turley Honorable Mention
Soldano 14th
Janzer Not Ranked
Boone 23rd

I think we will do better than 36th

So nothing yet for 9-3 Dean Peterson despite being co-starter (at worst) with 2 tight losses to Glory, a 1 point loss to Kaylor while getting a major over top 20 Miller.
They aren’t going to rank both Shawver and Peterson.. on intermat it’s Peterson that is ranked for RU

Seems like Flo is ranking Shawver as he was last year’s starter. The results from the Midlands may help determine the starter and who is ranked,

I think we will do better than our rankings by the end of the year. It is hard to move up in the rankings wrestling Clarion, Sacred Heart, Bloomsburg, Rider, and not entering highly competitive tournaments. I hope the coaches have the right scheduling strategy and the results will show at the NCAAs.

I tend to think Shawver is better than that rating. He has again shown improvement, which is something I look for as an indication of coaching/training - year-over-year improvement. Heilman looks about right. I don't know in which direction Alverez will move; it's up to him. White will continue to improve - look for him to be more of a factor next year. Skipping to Turley, he will get better if his shoulder holds out and his conditioning improves. Right now, his strength and endurance will not support his style. Soldano and Boone are ranked too low. Boone is another guy who has shown considerable improvement and seems to enjoy being stronger.

I tend to think Shawver is better than that rating. He has again shown improvement, which is something I look for as an indication of coaching/training - year-over-year improvement. Heilman looks about right. I don't know in which direction Alverez will move; it's up to him. White will continue to improve - look for him to be more of a factor next year. Skipping to Turley, he will get better if his shoulder holds out and his conditioning improves. Right now, his strength and endurance will not support his style. Soldano and Boone are ranked too low. Boone is another guy who has shown considerable improvement and seems to enjoy being stronger.
The rankings are about who you beat/ lose to, not how close a match was or who may or may not have improved.. Shawver has had close matches w/ tough guys but what’s his best win this year..no one top 15. Think the rankings are about right for everyone rn for who they have beaten..Alvarez/Turley only ranked rn HM bc of their past accomplishments, don’t kno what to expect. Soldano will continue to climb once he faces the higher ranked guys. Boone has impressed me a lot, he’s probably my most improved wrestler from last year.. his best win on year is on Penn kid so he’s ranked right rn.. wonder who’s going be the mover n shakers of these rankings after midlands..

Reactions: LETSGORU91
The rankings are about who you beat/ lose to, not how close a match was or who may or may not have improved.. Shawver has had close matches w/ tough guys but what’s his best win this year..no one top 15. Think the rankings are about right for everyone rn for who they have beaten..Alvarez/Turley only ranked rn HM bc of their past accomplishments, don’t kno what to expect. Soldano will continue to climb once he faces the higher ranked guys. Boone has impressed me a lot, he’s probably my most improved wrestler from last year.. his best win on year is on Penn kid so he’s ranked right rn.. wonder who’s going be the mover n shakers of these rankings after midlands..
Understood. My comments were simply my opinions based on what I have seen and where I predict the trend to go.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT