ADVERTISEMENT

Dellquan Warren

First off, I said 1, million times I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t take all of their paid visits even after they are committed to a program and 100% committed to them. Secondly, honestly, I totally forgot about this guy. Oh well.

First off, I said 1, million times I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t take all of their paid visits even after they are committed to a program and 100% committed to them. Secondly, honestly, I totally forgot about this guy. Oh well.
If you want to take the visits then don’t commit until the visits are done. What’s the point of “committing” if you’re not committing. It’s one thing if someone commits and changes their mind but this guy “committed” like 2 weeks ago

If you want to take the visits then don’t commit until the visits are done. What’s the point of “committing” if you’re not committing. It’s one thing if someone commits and changes their mind but this guy “committed” like 2 weeks ago
In this day and age, with the ridiculous portal regulations, and everything else, does it really freaking matter?

No, not really, but I just don’t get the point.
Here’s the point, and, trust me, I don’t like it: if I’m 16-year-old kid, in this day and age, I’ll make my commitment somewhere and take my five free visits, in a heartbeat, regardless of whether or not I actually plan to go to that school. I would be an idiot not to do so.

(Trust me, I hate this attitude, but it is what it is these days, unfortunately)

Reactions: RUTRINI
In this pay for play era, leverage.
Match it or beat it.

Here’s the point, and, trust me, I don’t like it: if I’m 16-year-old kid, in this day and age, I’ll make my commitment somewhere and take my five free visits, in a heartbeat, regardless of whether or not I actually plan to go to that school. I would be an idiot not to do so.

(Trust me, I hate this attitude, but it is what it is these days, unfortunately)
But how does announcing your commitment help with this?

I am not saying we are not top tier. I am just saying this is the least committed commit that I have seen in a while.

Understood man. Agree it seems like we still have work to do to keep him committed - but with the prospects we are starting to get, this is going to be the norm.

Again, reminds me of that Cindy Lauper song "Money Changes Everything."
I'd be surprised if this kid comes here.

Why do I think that Coach has a pretty good read on this kid and is likely not surprised by any of this. Should Pike have said "no" when the kid verballed? Why would he do that? If Pike thinks the kid is worth the time and there were no similar commits on the horizon, why not accept it and see if it/he sticks. But, aren't there probably a lot of kids out there with this young man's abilities? GO RU!

giphy.gif
2qnD.gif

Lol whatever
Either you’re on board or not. This train is leaving the station

so he’s not a commit, he said his recruitment is open. Rivals will take him off the list right?

Way too big of an overreaction. Kid sounds like he has people in his ear to reclassify, so he can capitalize on NIL sooner than later. He's not going to get drastically better playing another year of Prep, AAU or HS hoops. If he can reclassify and get on a roster here to be developed, then get on board here or elsewhere.....

If he is athletic enough (he definitely is), then bring him on board for 2023 and get him situated, or let him go elsewhere if he wants to go 2023 or 2024 if he's looking for a quick fix. If there's no room for him in 2023 (is there really room???......I don't see us moving kids out of the way for NIL over others on the roster, just to put him on the 2023 roster).

Lets recap. He commits after Coppin state. We then go on the road and win at Purdue. He seemed like a smart kid.

What a waste

Way too big of an overreaction. Kid sounds like he has people in his ear to reclassify, so he can capitalize on NIL sooner than later. He's not going to get drastically better playing another year of Prep, AAU or HS hoops. If he can reclassify and get on a roster here to be developed, then get on board here or elsewhere.....

If he is athletic enough (he definitely is), then bring him on board for 2023 and get him situated, or let him go elsewhere if he wants to go 2023 or 2024 if he's looking for a quick fix. If there's no room for him in 2023 (is there really room???......I don't see us moving kids out of the way for NIL over others on the roster, just to put him on the 2023 roster).
Reclassifying for Guards rarely works out... Reclassifying up rarely works in general

Reactions: kcg88
as long as pike is ok with it, i’d still like to keep this kid in the class if we can - the talent is undeniable and maybe he was just not thoroughly coached in regard to the do’s and don’ts of the recruiting process

Reactions: Scangg and RUTRINI
Clearly this kid is an independent thinker and being honest is not a crime. If his commitment sticks we will all be glad. Sure, be disappointed about the comments but we can't slam the kid for being honest.
Not the point. Don’t commit if you ain’t 💯

Reactions: William J. Leggett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT