ADVERTISEMENT

Destiny/Darius Adams

Big pickup for WBB, along with Destiny being the sister of Darius Adams, the current top-ranked recruit in NJ for the class of 2025.
I saw Darius' Manasquan team beat my South River Rams in the Central Jersey Group 2 final.
Lots of schools will be after this kid next year.

You are correct, sir! Nice work.

I'm wondering why the older sibling played at Manchester and the brother plays at Manasquan. Obviously, the family could have moved, but wondering if Manasquan HS takes tuition students? @e5fdny ?
I do not know. I do know some of the elementary sending schools do. But I recall a few years ago when some on the girls' team were in, then out, then back in again.

Have you been to any Manasquan hoops for football games in recent years?
Not basketball but do try and make the Thanksgiving game against Wall when it is at Manasquan.

The older Hodge kid is a tough old fashion PF plus an outside shot. The younger brother is going to be a top 50 guard.
Thinking Villanova will be the front runner for both if they end up being good enough.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not to throw some logic but won’t she be gone before her brother even arrives?

She’s a sophomore - so 2 years left?
2023-2024 and 2024-2025?

Her brother is a 2025 recruit so he would play 2025-2026?

Not to throw some logic but won’t she be gone before her brother even arrives?

She’s a sophomore - so 2 years left?
2023-2024 and 2024-2025?

Her brother is a 2025 recruit so he would play 2025-2026?
But it will be after our final four trip in 2025. !!

• Love
Reactions: NickRU714
I seem to remember someone saying Darius had been to UNC a couple times to visit her. Now he has no reason to visit there anymore lol.
Much easier to visit her now, on The Banks, and he looked very comfortable playing here at The RAC last month!

Have seen him multiple times in the past 2 years----excellent prospect.

I've been told he likes UVA a great deal.

The South River basketball team when I attended had two players named Drew Pearson and Joey Theismann.
You went to school with people on both sides of my family then. Knoblocks and Howarths.

You are correct, sir! Nice work.

I'm wondering why the older sibling played at Manchester and the brother plays at Manasquan. Obviously, the family could have moved, but wondering if Manasquan HS takes tuition students? @e5fdny ?

Yes they do----PG Frauheim is a Point Beach kid.

Yes they do----PG Frauheim is a Point Beach kid.
His family moved to Brielle, one of the sending towns to MHS.

They don’t accept tuition like Point Beach does. They allow students from outside of the sending district when smaller classes have room for additional students.

Reactions: shields
There was a co-op for swimming and ice hockey with Point Beach.

There was a co-op for swimming and ice hockey with Point Beach.
Yes. I was comparing the two since Point Beach is the nearest school I could think of that accepts tuition from out of district. That was the reason it was so easy for them to build up their basketball programs years ago. The transfer sit out rule nuked that.

If you live somewhere outside of the Manasquan sending district, you can apply to go to MHS, but they’ll only take you if the grade size isn’t above a certain amount. That’s how Adams and Konov got into Squan. Class sizes have dropped since I was there due to vocational schools becoming better options for college prospects and more and more families who don’t have kids that age are moving into the area.

I saw Darius' Manasquan team beat my South River Rams in the Central Jersey Group 2 final.
Lots of schools will be after this kid next year.
My son,wife and I were also in that tiny South River gym to watch that game, if I only knew, lol. Thought South River got screwed when the younger Asian brother got in early foul trouble on some questionable calls. South River has a lot of talent. That town used to be mostly Polish back in the 70-80's when I used to fix copiers. First time I was in that town since the early 80's. A great butcher shop and deli used to be a must back in the day for me to hit. Seems the demographics have changed a bit since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: shields
Is she destiny’s child?
Linked article said she played wing at UNC. Maybe she left because. . . .

daitkxb-841c1474-777c-476a-a2eb-c9971ab1c156.jpg

The South River basketball team when I attended had two players named Drew Pearson and Joey Theismann.
Saw Joey play once but that was a baseball game with him catching if I remember correctly.
Someone I worked with brought me to the game. I think he was related to Joe.
I attended Sayreville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT