ADVERTISEMENT

Destiny/Darius Adams

Love seeing the south river people here. My parents graduated from south river in '65 and '66.

Saw Joey play once but that was a baseball game with him catching if I remember correctly.
Someone I worked with brought me to the game. I think he was related to Joe.
I attended Sayreville.
Theismann played shortstop and pitched.

Love seeing the south river people here. My parents graduated from south river in '65 and '66.
My mother (92 years old) is Polish. Born and raised in South River.... from a big family....most of whom were born and raised in South River. I for sure had at least three relatives who graduated from SRHS in '65 or '66.

My mother (92 years old) is Polish. Born and raised in South River.... from a big family....most of whom were born and raised in South River. I for sure had at least three relatives who graduated from SRHS in '65 or '66.
My father grew up on water st. Not far from St Mary's church. I lived on Franklin St my first year after I was born. My Mother was from spotswood and attended south river since spotswood didn't have high school yet.

You are correct, sir! Nice work.

I'm wondering why the older sibling played at Manchester and the brother plays at Manasquan. Obviously, the family could have moved, but wondering if Manasquan HS takes tuition students? @e5fdny ?
Family is from Manchester. Yes to your second question.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Carteret high guy. Freshman year played South River in a scrimmage. We got killed. Played safety tried to tackle qp via ankles. Ahh no. Who was it? Not named yet. We played them again few years later. They killed us

His older brother and then Kenny Jackson.
Roger Jackson. I think he went on to play for Pitt.
That Rams team also had a big, tough back named Max Hill if I recall correctly.

May have been. Honestly barely remember
Highsmith was an RB who went on to play for Michigan State and then the Green Bay Packers and eventually some team in the new league that was around at the time.

Highsmith was an RB who went on to play for Michigan State and then the Green Bay Packers and eventually some team in the new league that was around at the time.
Looked him up. Graduated MSU in 1970, so he was just a little older. Thanks!

Roger and Kenny's nephew Deon Jackson was a tremendous athlete at south river. Graduated 1991. Think he started at Kentucky but ended up at western Kentucky for basketball. Over 2000 career points in high school. Was a great wide receiver at about 6'6. Heard he had his own mailbox in the high school's front office because of his recruiting.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT