ADVERTISEMENT

Devito in the Portal

I know they are changing the rules every five minutes, but I think he can only play in 2022.

He's not better than Vedral. But he's better than any other QB we have in the room, Wimsatt aside. He's a take in my book especially if Snyder or Simon look elsewhere.

To paraphrase the great Joe Pesci:

"Tommy DeVito? Did you say Tommy DEVITO?? Tommy DeVito's dead!"
DeVito-2up.jpg

No way.
Ironically, had he stayed home he would be our starter.

He fits the most important criteria for most though, he’s from NJ

Come on people .. Ability is so much more important than where he’s from!

If he's better than Vedral - and he is - then we should swap the two out for next year.

This is a highlight reel from 2019 so you take with a grain of salt. I don't know who else will be in the portal but decent mobility and arm. Physical attributes don't seem so bad compared to what we've seen from NV. Mental attributes and quick decision making I don't know. I wouldn't say definite yes but wouldn't write him off either depending on what options are out there.

TD would be an unknown, people get better, worse or stay the same in a new setting. No way to know for sure. And while so many are high on GW for next year, well he's an unknown too. That's why I believe the more options you have the better.

I don't think he had the choice to stay home. Coach TrAsh and wonderboy were only interested in dual threat guys and they already had Lewis in the fold for that class.
IMO people make too much of a big thing about dual threat and that's regardless of type of offense. For me, biggest attributes for a qb are good passer (also on the move) and quick thinker. The legs are less of an issue. I think as long a qb can make 3-5 yds every now and then that's good enough. I think most qbs have that much ability. It doesn't have to be a break away speed with your legs kind of guy. That's a nice bonus if you have the other 2 attributes first but it's not necessary imo.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Just throwing this in the mix. Jarrett Guarantano may have another year left. He has played very little at Washington State University, as 4 star sophomore has taken over the starting QB role there. He has a larger body of work than Devito, but there would be things to iron out.

Double bonus possibility- JG comes back, RU gets to a bowl and plays Tennessee and wins.

He fits the most important criteria for most though, he’s from NJ

Come on people .. Ability is so much more important than where he’s from!
Well, if we are gonna have lousy players you might as well use the scholarship on jersey kids . We are the state school . No need to give a free ride and educate guys who are gonna go back home after graduation.

Guess the big 2017 QB battle of "Johnathon Lewis v. Tommy Devito" ultimately goes down for as a draw and both schools disappointed?

But sure, show me another amazing HS QB highlight reel and tell me how awesome they are going to be.
Well, DeVito was still a QB. Lewis was turned into a TE. At least Syracuse tried to teach him the position.

Reactions: NickRU714
I would not mind taking him as a PWO. He's a state resident and would pay state tuition. In this scenario, Schiano would have to assure him that he has a fair chance to be the starter and would get a schollie if he wins the job.

I would not mind taking him as a PWO. He's a state resident and would pay state tuition. In this scenario, Schiano would have to assure him that he has a fair chance to be the starter and would get a schollie if he wins the job.
Whaat ? He can go many other places for free and be the starter. But he’s gonna come here and pay?

• Haha
Reactions: Rokodesh
LOL he's not coming here to walk on. He'll be on scholarship somewhere.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT