ADVERTISEMENT

Devito in the Portal

Well, DeVito was still a QB. Lewis was turned into a TE. At least Syracuse tried to teach him the position.
Forgot that Lewis went to the University of South Dakota. He has had several reps as backup QB. His team is ranked #15 FCS.

Ranked15_web_.png

Just throwing this in the mix. Jarrett Guarantano may have another year left. He has played very little at Washington State University, as 4 star sophomore has taken over the starting QB role there. He has a larger body of work than Devito, but there would be things to iron out.

Double bonus possibility- JG comes back, RU gets to a bowl and plays Tennessee and wins.

JG gave new meaning to burning bridges. I would never take him back. Plus, he performed so well at Tennessee.... it's amusing how poorly they think of his abilities.

Reactions: scripts and czxqa
He's not better than Vedral. But he's better than any other QB we have in the room, Wimsatt aside. He's a take in my book especially if Snyder or Simon look elsewhere.
Exactly how can you say that? You have personally been to see all 4 play? Studied tape on all 4? Say you have and I'll be interested in your take.

If he's better than Snyder and Simon why only especially if they leave? You're expecting Vedral to come back next year?

Btw, it says he's pro set. We don't run that offense.

I would not mind taking him as a PWO. He's a state resident and would pay state tuition. In this scenario, Schiano would have to assure him that he has a fair chance to be the starter and would get a schollie if he wins the job.
Yeah.. And Greg has a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

He is following head case WR Taj Harris in the Portal. No surprise there.

He is following head case WR Taj Harris in the Portal. No surprise there.
They are two completely different situations, aren't they? Taj Harris was a starter, but apparently did not want to hurt his draft stock on team with a lousy passing game.
Devito got passed over and wants a chance at another year to play. Seems they went in different directions to the same place, if that makes sense.

Btw, it says he's pro set. We don't run that offense.
I never read much into that. An Iowa transfer qb played well for KK at TT. Leach has guys listed as pro style too in the past. Clifford is listed as pro style too iirc.

If I see pro style listed I just interpret it as potentially better passer and that's a good thing if that potential pans out. Type of offense is irrelevant. Quality passer and quicker thinker are important no matter the offense imo.

They are two completely different situations, aren't they? Taj Harris was a starter, but apparently did not want to hurt his draft stock on team with a lousy passing game.
Devito got passed over and wants a chance at another year to play. Seems they went in different directions to the same place, if that makes sense.
Yes. Taj’s antics ( giving the finger to the TV cameras during a game} might limit his choices in programs wanting him.

If Wimsatt is as good as the hype says he is, we won’t see a grad transfer come in to compete for the starting job. Much has been made of Gavin skipping his senior year but he’s actually old enough to be a true freshman, and will have a full year under his belt when he comes back next year as a sophomore/RS freshman.

If Wimsatt is as good as the hype says he is, we won’t see a grad transfer come in to compete for the starting job. Much has been made of Gavin skipping his senior year but he’s actually old enough to be a true freshman, and will have a full year under his belt when he comes back next year as a sophomore/RS freshman.
Only Sean and Greg know this.

Didn’t expect to see this. I figured another ACC school. Artur must be happy.

Will be interesting to watch the QB competition between DeVito and Artie Football at Illinois.

Apparently Art is not the leader in the club house for the starting QB job.

Can anyone handicap this one, DeVito vs Art?

Last edited:
Guys stop with this stuff about taking virtually every QB in the portal. At best we will have maybe room for three transfers and since we have GW, qb is not one of them. Look for GS to bring in an OL, LB, AND a WR. Then and only then, if there is room, maybe a QB. But if Vedral and Simon both come back I don’t see us bringing in another very very average QB.

Guys stop with this stuff about taking virtually every QB in the portal. At best we will have maybe room for three transfers and since we have GW, qb is not one of them. Look for GS to bring in an OL, LB, AND a WR. Then and only then, if there is room, maybe a QB. But if Vedral and Simon both come back I don’t see us bringing in another very very average QB.
If there's room it will be another OL if they can find a suitable one.

Reactions: Dpgru
Will be interesting to watch the QB competition between DeVito and Artie Football at Illinois.

Apparently Art is not the leader in the club house for the starting QB job.

Can anyone handicap this one, DeVito vs Art?

Nothing will be less interesting 😉

Reactions: Section124
DeVito today has carved up Wisconsin in Madison for a doormat Illini team, now 34-10.

But he wasn’t good enough for RU this season. D-ohh!
167 yds is carving someone up? You suffered from watching to many years of Ash offenses.

• Haha
Reactions: RUDead
DeVito ia very good QB. Can see what having a good QB for a mediocre team can do. Turn them into a great team.

Reactions: redking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT