ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone notice....Paul is going to make a great coach, updated with video

RC1978

All American
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2008
Just watched the ending of the game for the 10th time. If you didn't notice , right after Caleb got called for moving his feet and Pike was arguing, Paul went over to Pike calmed him down and told him to bring in a big guy ( Reiber) to cover the inbound play. Pike listened to him and turned around and put in Reiber.

All hell breaking loose and Paul was calm and knew what to do, will be a great coach one day.

EDIT: here is the video

Last edited:
Did the ref back Reiber off the inbounded?
I think I saw that if so odd! Being that Caleb didn’t get the same with Edey 🤬

Reactions: robjknight
Just watched the ending of the game for the 10th time. If you didn't notice , right after Caleb got called for moving his feet and Pike was arguing, Paul went over to Pike calmed him down and told him to bring in a big guy ( Reiber) to cover the inbound play. Pike listened to him and turned around and put in Reiber.

All hell breaking loose and Paul was calm and knew what to do, will be a great coach one day.

EDIT: here is the video

Wow, great catch. That is amazing!

He was also in the middle of all of the questionable calls getting between teammates and officials. Great calming presence and could have made the difference of someone getting a T.

Reactions: BillyC80
It’s pretty clear to me that Cam told Paul to tell Pikiell to get someone in there. Watch the replay again. Cam looked toward the bench and signaled toward the other end of the floor where the inbounds would happen. Then he sort of whispers something in Paul’s ear and then Paul IMMEDIATELY went to Pikiell. Cam deferring to the veteran Captain to talk to the coach.

Cam was then subbed out for Reiber to defend the passer. And although the clock erroneously didn’t start when he touched it, Reiber got a piece of the inbounds pass.

Last edited:
It’s pretty clear to me that Cam told Paul to tell Pikiell to get someone in there. Watch the replay again. Cam looked toward the bench and signaled toward the other end of the floor where the inbounds would happen. Then he sort of whispers something in Paul’s ear and then Paul IMMEDIATELY went to Pikiell. Cam deferring to the veteran Captain to talk to the coach.

Cam was then subbed out for Reiber to defend the passer. And although the clock erroneously didn’t start when he touched it, Reiber got a piece of the inbounds pass.
Wow, another great catch - you’re right, it was Cam who made the call to get Reiber in there! Reiber the high jump champ tips it and the ball never gets to Edey and we won .. Cam won us the game in 2 ways not just 1 !!

Wow, another great catch - you’re right, it was Cam who made the call to get Reiber in there! Reiber the high jump champ tips it and the ball never gets to Edey and we won .. Cam won us the game in 2 ways not just 1 !!
I wouldn't go that far. I'm pretty sure Pikiell would've done it on his own. He was just in the middle of arguing with the officials which people here seem to think he doesn't do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT